Black rings and other ways to show asexual pride

*wonders* Damn, whenever I'm not looking for hematite I see it everywhere...and now that I want it, I can't find it. Oh, well...one day!

Well it doesn't have to be hematite, I'm sure there are black rings somewhere near you.

Fire Mountain Gems has agate rings, a couple of them are black.

I already own a hematite one (I'm wearing it right now), but I'll look into that. Also, the Outlet Mall has a import shop that sells them, they're fairly inexpensive too.

black ring on the right middle finger sounds good to me. I can show off whilst flipping people off!

*pictures*

"You @%^^ @#!!!"

"Hey! You're asexual!"

*pictures people flipping off one another then laughing and shaking hands delightedly*

*laughs ass off*

Cate

What a marvelous idea. Haha.

"Hey, how's it going?!" *flips finger*

"Ah, haha, hey, how are you sir?!"

*hands shaking*

Strangers onlooking: "I tell you this town is getting weirder and weirder."

• Like 5

Interesting idea.

Some of us don't like wearing rings though.......

Interesting idea.

Some of us don't like wearing rings though.......

I don't wear rings. If I did it would look a tad um interesting. That doesn't meant hat others can't wear them though

The Evil Cashew

Heh yeah... rings are really a no go for me.. i have fat fingers..

also.. one day rings fit.. the next day thety don't...

sigh

~Cashew

I also wear a chain around my left wrist. I couldn't find one like it at any store so I just that I made it from a dog collar I bought at a dollar store. Here are two pics:

Photo_061905_004.jpg

Photo_061905_005.jpg

Omnes et Nihil
Heh yeah... rings are really a no go for me.. i have fat fingers..

also.. one day rings fit.. the next day thety don't...

sigh

~Cashew

I really don't have the fingers for rings either. Sausage fingers they tell me. (Although less so now it seems.)

But I still think the black ring thing is a good idea. As long as it doesn't get mistaken for an iron ring... asexual/engineers same thing really.

sloppycoder

awesome, black ring right middle finger it is then :P

Slop

*Edit* I did a quick google on black ring on right middle finger and it throws up a few results but nothing suggesting a particular reason for wearing one, and there is no commen thread between the results in terms of the kind of people who seem to be wearing them, so i think its not been "taken" on a large scale by any particular group.... probably some satanists somewhere but basically..........f**k em........

hehe

The only jewellery I like to wear on occasion is my heavy gold signet ring with the family coat of arms. I can't stand to wear anything else except perhaps for a tattoo with a Capital A on my arm or something similiar. Jewellery is such a nuisance, it constricts blood flow(bracelets/watches), reduces manual dexterity(rings) etc.

I'm gone for a weekend and everyone has my thoughts for me almost. I once had the thought of wearing a black wedding band, but all the onces I found were too much. I thought about hematite, but thought it was too shiny. But since everyone seems to have agreed, I might have to go out and find a hematite ring now. I usually don't wear jewelry, but I can get used to it.

Loki, if your watch is constricting your blood flow you've got it on too tight :shock: The general rule I always go by is, you should be able to get two fingers under the strap without it constricting.

Although I kind of agree, I don't wear any jewellery (I don't really consider my watch to be jewellery but I wear one all the time), I'd be willing to make an exception for something that was actually meaningful rather than just an expression of wealth, or mindless decoration, which is what it mostly seems to be for.

For those of us who can't/don't like to wear rings/jewellery/wristbands we could just wear a sticker with a pic of :cake: on it.

Then we'd be sure to recognise AVENites :wink:

:idea: It's not the most practical way, but what about those dog tag things you can get engraved.

I'm not sure what the price range is but it probably isn't that expensive. You could get the triangle engraved on it and wear it around your neck, for those people who don't like rings, wristbands, etc...

Visibility might be a problem and you probably wouldn't be able to wear it all the time but what do you think?

For those of us who can't/don't like to wear rings/jewellery/wristbands we could just wear a sticker with a pic of :cake: on it.

Then we'd be sure to recognise AVENites :wink:

I like that little cake icon, blow it up 100 times and put it on a t-shirt all pixely

cakebig.gif

deladangerous

For those of us who already wear 35 items of jewelry... one little AVEN-related item isn't going to make much of a difference. :?

Buuuuut if anyone wanted an AVEN bracelet, ring or necklace... I make jewelry, and could take requests.

I see a couple issues with the black ring idea. One, hematite is friggin' fragile! I don't think it's a practical material for every-day wear. Two, when you see someone with a black ring, you just can't know why they're earing it, because it's not unique enough.

How about, and this is just an idea but I want to throw it out there anyway, wearing a hexagonal nut as a ring? Yeah, a nut as in the type that goes on a bolt, the type you find in any ole hardware store. They're steel (durable), and available in many sizes. (And no, the threads don't cut into your finger. I used to wear one many moons ago and it was comfortable.)

Hell, the hexagon might be a better choice for us over a triangle anyway. Like Adrian pointed out, traingles are associated with homosexuals. And, there are many types of asexuals, and the 6 sides can represent the levels (or degrees) of asexuality. Being somewhat reminiscent of a stop sign ain't a bad thing, either...

With either choice, if you're not into wearing rings, you could wear it on a chain around your neck. The chain thing also gives you the option to be more covert. Whaddaya think?

• Like 2
Cate Perfect
Being somewhat reminiscent of a stop sign ain't a bad thing, either...

LMAO!

I think that's a good idea, I must say.

It also looks kinda tough so if some person decides they're going to 'change your mind' about being asexual you have something of a weapon right there on your hand.

Cate

• Like 1

I reckon we should just go around and not have sex with as many people as possible. I mean, what better way to show your asexuality?

Seriously though, I like the ring idea.

• Like 2

What about a small metal badge?

I have one of these depicting the Rainbow Freedom Flag of the LGBT community - how about something along those lines?

• Like 1

I just had a great (but probably unworkable) idea!

A while ago it was mentioned in the media that a company was producing a gadget which would beep/activate if another gay person with the same kind of gadget was within 10(?) metres of the device.It would be highly amusing to have this for asexuals instead.

• Like 1

Ryoko: I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the hexagonal nut idea! I mean, it's hexagonal (a beautiful shape that can be made into a grid) and there's a spiral in the inner side (which I interpret as a representation of dialectics). I'm adopting the nut as the official Hexpiral symbol, regardless of asexuality.

Everyone wear a hexagonal nut to show your support of Hex!

A while ago it was mentioned in the media that a company was producing a gadget which would beep/activate if another gay person with the same kind of gadget was within 10(?) metres of the device.It would be highly amusing to have this for asexuals instead.

there is something like this in japan, but I think its for singles, yeah and I have heard of the gaydar version of it too, you could probably do something just as practical with a bluetooth cellphone

and I know that "bluetoothing" has become notorious

there is something like this in japan, but I think its for singles, yeah and I have heard of the gaydar version of it too, you could probably do something just as practical with a bluetooth cellphone

and I know that "bluetoothing" has become notorious

Oh god yes. I spend many hours in trains and bars randomly sending bluetooth notes to people with junk like "HAPPY FRIDAY" or "YOUR LABEL IS STICKING OUT" and other juvenile crap :)

I might have a few hex nuts left lying around somewhere.. they're a bit bulky to be going on the finder, but they might work on a chain maybe.

What we really need is someone to make a hexagonal nut into a proper ring, because the actual nuts that have a screw thread big enough to fit on your finger are always the really huge chunky ones that I wouldn't want on my finger anyway. I'd prefer something thin that doesn't cause too much bother.

How hard would it be to make a hexagonal-nut style ring that wasn't any more bulky than a regular ring?