Black rings and other ways to show asexual pride

A while ago, I had a bracelet with the colors of the ace flag, but then sadly it broke at a summer camp and I lost all my purple beads... Now I've finally located some more, a much nicer shade of purple too, and made another brACElet, this time hopefully permanent <3

I just wanted to ask... is it appropriate to use the rainbow to go with it as well, like so? I'm trying to convey being part of the LGBTQIA+ in general, but now I'm not sure if the rainbow is, like, limited to the LG part of the spectrum or something. I really like that rainbow though, so I guess I might as well wear it just because...

bracelet_x3_by_orlageddon-d8uyo4c.png

Still lacking a black ring though - I only have a really ornate one with a rose, it's inconvenient to wear all the time.

I could be wrong, but I've seen the rainbow flag used as a symbol of the general LGBT+ community with the other flags being used in more specific cases.

At the very least, a lot of allies also use the rainbow flag.

• Like 2
whitelines

A while ago, I had a bracelet with the colors of the ace flag, but then sadly it broke at a summer camp and I lost all my purple beads... Now I've finally located some more, a much nicer shade of purple too, and made another brACElet, this time hopefully permanent <3

I just wanted to ask... is it appropriate to use the rainbow to go with it as well, like so? I'm trying to convey being part of the LGBTQIA+ in general, but now I'm not sure if the rainbow is, like, limited to the LG part of the spectrum or something. I really like that rainbow though, so I guess I might as well wear it just because...

bracelet_x3_by_orlageddon-d8uyo4c.png

Still lacking a black ring though - I only have a really ornate one with a rose, it's inconvenient to wear all the time.

I could be wrong, but I've seen the rainbow flag used as a symbol of the general LGBT+ community with the other flags being used in more specific cases.

At the very least, a lot of allies also use the rainbow flag.

I struggle with the rainbow symbol too. I will wear rainbow stuff to feel part of the LGB+ community, as a polyromantic person. Since I'm transmasculine, I'm scared people will be more likely read me as a lesbian not a guy (the rainbow can be that one thing to "give me away" as a female). But it gets complex because I personally identify as part of the LGBT+ and LGB+ communities as a trans person and as a polyromantic person, but not as an asexual person. And the reason I say "LGB+" is because that's what I think of as rainbow. I associate rainbow with gay not trans. I don't really wear rainbows anymore, a lot for this reason, because I find that a lot of people assume a lot of things. That would be fine if it was just my asexuality on the table, because I have my ace ring as a kind of prop to aide in educating people. But gender dysphoria makes that all just too much.

TL;DR I think of rainbows as on the gay spectrum, and I don't think of ace as on the gay spectrum (rather, an intersecting spectrum) unless there's a gay-spectrum romantic orientation in there too.

whitelines

Hey I was wondering, what do you think about this partially black, RFID enabled ring?

Sounds awesome, but my semi-smartphone isn't NFC enabled either.

http://americas.nfcring.com/products/signature

Edit: didn't realize previous post contained a link. Yea, that one is cheaper, though this one has two tags :)

IMHO, not black enough ;)

Agreed. I think it'd be black enough if both panels were black. ^_^

DigitalBookDust

I have a friend who continues to refer to my ace ring as a "steampunk ring", despite my correcting her several times. Any ideas on how to get to STOP doing this? Suggestions appreciated! Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

YnovF9z.png

This is my army of 3d-printed and partially nail-polished meeples. I'm now trying to find a friend who has grey (or at least gray ;)) nail polish, but it's much harder than I anticipated :(.

• Like 1

I use the ace colors as a discreet way to show pride. I make small woolen bracelets for instance, or icons on my desktop.

It might seem paradoxical, but that way only people who know about asexuality might find out that way, and I don't mind that ^_^

• 1 month later...
vapiddreamscape

I've been wanting an ace ring for a couple months now but I haven't been able to find any at the jewelry stores I've went to. Today, I tried on my best friend's ring to try and figure out my size and she surprised me with a black ring she made me. Completely made my week!

UncommonNonsense

I'm not exactly 'stealth'. I have an ace flag sticker on my car, and I have an ace flag pin I wear above my nametag when I'm in uniform.

These are here:

Pin:

http://rlv.zcache.ca/asexuality_1_inch_round_button-ra4bc3ef697274b3ca4317d81126ae079_x7j12_8byvr_512.jpg

Car sticker:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/showyourpride/works/8866980-asexual-pride-flag?grid_pos=60&p=sticker

I have a lot of stickers on my car. What's the point of driving an old rusty heap if you can't decorate the hell out of it?

• Like 1

IMG

Actually, this picture reminds me...

I always wanted to paint a keyboard in the asexual flag colors, but I don't know of a good way to do it that isn't overly difficult and won't end up smearing after a while.

The only websites I can find that make custom keyboard keys are mechanical keyboards, which cost a buttload of money. Would look pretty snazzy though.

1dzOtLo.png?1

I'm not exactly 'stealth'. I have an ace flag sticker on my car, and I have an ace flag pin I wear above my nametag when I'm in uniform.

These are here:

Pin:

http://rlv.zcache.ca/asexuality_1_inch_round_button-ra4bc3ef697274b3ca4317d81126ae079_x7j12_8byvr_512.jpg

Car sticker:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/showyourpride/works/8866980-asexual-pride-flag?grid_pos=60&p=sticker

I have a lot of stickers on my car. What's the point of driving an old rusty heap if you can't decorate the hell out of it?

Poo. I was hoping to see some pics in action!

• Like 1
UncommonNonsense

IMG

Actually, this picture reminds me...

I always wanted to paint a keyboard in the asexual flag colors, but I don't know of a good way to do it that isn't overly difficult and won't end up smearing after a while.

The only websites I can find that make custom keyboard keys are mechanical keyboards, which cost a buttload of money. Would look pretty snazzy though.

1dzOtLo.png?1

These are here:

Pin:

Car sticker:

Poo. I was hoping to see some pics in action!

Wish I could! But I'm posting via a workplace PC and can't upload pics. Maybe one of these days, I'll find some way around that.

• 7 months later...
WoodwindWhistler

My friend made an ace flag! Yay!

I only wish the Aromantic flag were in there. Maybe I'll make something with it one day.

992810_1097064760345919_5917474635683125

• Like 1
WaywardHeroine

I have a black ring. It's great because it matches almost anything I wear!

• Like 1
WoodwindWhistler

I was contemplating getting a black ring, but I cannot stand to wear jewelry so that's out I think..... and as nice as flags are, they are so...... I dunno, just blah?(no offense :blush:) but I just am not into the linear so much :P

So I thought I draw something that included both the ace and aro colours.... now how do I post either the image or a link? either option seems to freeze up my screen.

Rin-likes-rain

I got it! We should wear Ace playing card shirts! Or like, something with one of the Ace suits. Like, maybe club-shaped earings, Something that says Ace. Hmm... Whats the word I'm looking for. Not inside jokes. But our terms. No Romo shirts. Stuff like that. I think it would be cool!

• 4 weeks later...

What does anyone think of this ring? Is it black enough?

http://www.amazon.com/Rhodium-Plated-Sterling-Stackable-Expressions/dp/B017HZF2US/ref=sr_1_16?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1461523975&sr=1-16&nodeID=7454893011&keywords=black+ring

Also I saw a couple black rings with an amethyst stone. Wondering if that might be a good idea, since that's one of our colors, and coincidentally amethyst is by birth stone so I have cover if anyone asks... ;)

Your birthstone in a ring sounds a great idea, go for it

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 5/27/2015 at 7:44 AM, DiEvAl said:

I think I'm going to buy a ring like this one:

516Qy7%2BD%2BnL._SX522_.jpg

I don't like that it's not fully black, but I think the extra features are worth it ;).

Unfortunately, my current phone doesn't support NFC, so I'll have to wait until I buy a new phone this August.

wow thats beautiful! do u have the link to where to buy it?

• Like 1
On 7/5/2016 at 8:00 AM, ben8884 said:

bumping this. I am having trouble finding a pride ring in a size 21

u can always get a cheap ring and paint it with nail polish 

One of the earliest posts says there is an aven clothing line? where? I can't find it

2 hours ago, Vicky Angel said:

One of the earliest posts says there is an aven clothing line? where? I can't find it

here's the link to the aven clothing line:

http://www.cafepress.com/avenstore

these are some other shirts that I found:

http://www.cafepress.com/+aven+clothing

http://www.redbubble.com/shop/asexual

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirts?query=asexual

On 24.06.2013 at 7:31 PM, murqul said:

Not sure where to post, I just have to show you what I made yesterday.

Ace Pride Cake! :D

pride_in_baked_goods_by_meralia-d6afgsv.

I had so much fun planning and making this! And it came out so well and tastes great!

(Please ignore wrong shade of purple, it's the best I could do.)

It's a cheesecake. Purple is just basic cake, white is white chocolate, grey is salty licorice, black is raspberry. It's gooood. <3

Here, have some :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

Wonderful :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
fandomAlgamation
On 11/27/2014 at 6:57 AM, _stillahomosapien_ said:

Made a custom one out of loom bands. No one has asked about it yet :D

NVkJq3c.jpg

Also made a bracelet.

7UDgSgM.jpg

I already did the black ring but until I saw the bracelet picture I had forgotten about my grey bands. I thought I had none, but then I remembered the pack that had metallic colors, and I will begin the creation of it tomorrow. I am trying to decide between a regular single, a fishtail (or double fishtail), a triple single, starburst, etc...

Any ideas?

• 4 months later...
On 6/17/2005 at 2:39 AM, Rawphish said:

I would realy like something that becomes convention, it would be our secret asexual-dar, so we can spot each other out and about, but its gotta be something some random person wouldnt acidently do and cause confusion

I also like the idea of one of those live stong type bracelets, with aven or something likewise on it

Hi a newbie here so please excuse and correct me if i word this wrong - eek!  There's an Aven range of clothing ??? I'm more worried as I've seen mention of black rings on right hands been classed as the 'Swinger community'. This might sound dumb but why Aven? is there a post I can read up on why the name?? Sorry am all new to this.

On 1/8/2017 at 2:12 PM, Hand sanitizer said:

Wonderful :rolleyes:

mmmmmm cakee......lol why is it that most people ive seen on forums with LGBT+ post pics of cake! Really bad as im trying to lose weight hahah

Sweet Potato
2 hours ago, Rae Hewitt said:

mmmmmm cakee......lol why is it that most people ive seen on forums with LGBT+ post pics of cake! Really bad as im trying to lose weight hahah

For your enjoyment! One low calorie cake!

69207.jpg

• Like 1