Black rings and other ways to show asexual pride

besides wearing an aven t-shirt, is there an offical way to display your asexual pride if you are ready to be out about it, if there isnt an offical symbol, flag, ear pearcing, bracelet, etc, how about starting one? I know the stealth triangle on the logo is a symbol alot of you forum regulars like

• Like 15
bard of aven

Well, there's always the "This is what an Asexual looks like" clothing line.

boa

• Like 2

I like this idea, a lot.

My problem with the aven clothing is that I'm a little shy, and not completely out, and I wouldn't like to be stopped every five minutes to explain my shirt to someone. So something more, covert, would be cool, in my eyes at least.

You know, a friend of mine wears a ring on her left middle finger. Her explanation being that: your right middle means "currently single", the right ring means "currently taken" and since the left ring means "taken/married" in a permanent sense, then the next logical conclusion would be that left middle means "permanently single".

But that may not work for everyone as some asexuals desire companions and relationships, and some guys don't like jewelry.

Still, I would like to hear the input of others.

• Like 25

I would realy like something that becomes convention, it would be our secret asexual-dar, so we can spot each other out and about, but its gotta be something some random person wouldnt acidently do and cause confusion

I also like the idea of one of those live stong type bracelets, with aven or something likewise on it

• Like 9
I also like the idea of one of those live stong type bracelets, with aven or something likewise on it

I don't know, those things are nearing their end, I think they'll be considered kitsch in a few months.

I don't know, those things are nearing their end, I think they'll be considered kitsch in a few months.

yeah its a good idea not to bandwagon something for the hell of it, but if there a strong demand for it why not,

You mean aside from it getting posted in the paper?

yeah, alot of people I know read those article and have no clue what to make of it. or think somehow we are flawed

I would realy like something that becomes convention, it would be our secret asexual-dar, so we can spot each other out and about, but its gotta be something some random person wouldnt acidently do and cause confusion

Hey I really like this idea...

I'm not very creative though. If somebody comes up with something to do I'm definitely in....

For a while I wore this really small lock on a chain...I did get asked why I was wearing it a lot, though, even though I didn't think it was that obvious...I figured people would just think I had an odd bondage-esque taste in fashion.

• Like 1

Yeah it probably would be cool if there was an easy and covert way to spot asexuals but I don't think it's that easy somehow.....

Live R Perfect

Chozo was talking to me about the possibility of getting some AVEN / asexual wristbands made up, like the ones you see around for 'putting an end to poverty' and various other causes. It wouldn't be particularly visible though, unless you wear short sleeves all the time.

You know, black rings aren't even that hard to find. There's a place here in my own town that sells hemitite ones. Oooo can we use it? Please?

• Like 9
You know, a friend of mine wears a ring on her left middle finger. Her explanation being that: your right middle means "currently single", the right ring means "currently taken" and since the left ring means "taken/married" in a permanent sense, then the next logical conclusion would be that left middle means "permanently single".

That is awesome. I'm off to dredge up a ring so I can do that.

• Like 3

Right behind you man! (I think I actually own one already, I hope I can find it.)

Let's give this a few more hours to see what everyone else thinks. If everyone likes it, then could someone maybe make an announcement about this?

Cate Perfect
live stong type bracelets

I'm sorry, what? I don't know what that is. I am a hermit without tv so...

Cate

live stong type bracelets

I'm sorry, what? I don't know what that is. I am a hermit without tv so...

Cate

They were, as I understand it, popularized by Lance Armstrong. They are the size and shape of a standard big, heavy duty rubber band, except they are bright yellow instead of paper bag brown and have "Live Strong" embossed on them. The proceeds go to cancer research, I think, and the basic idea has been fadded about the globe. Think those jellie bracelets from the 80s with a social concience. . . .

[edit: and uh, yeah. What cynic said. . . :roll:]

...then the next logical conclusion would be that left middle means "permanently single".

I already wear my ring on my left middle finger. 0_o It's not black, though, it's silver, but what the hell.

Cate Perfect
The Lance Armstrong Foundation sells yellow jelly bracelets that say "Livestrong" on them. The proceeds go to cancer research.

OH! I've seen those. I wondered why everyone was suddenly wearing rubber bands around their wrists. I thought maybe they were all trying to quite smoking in a heavy duty fashion. I've seen them in hues other than yellow, though, are those the same thing?

Cate

Live R Perfect

Oh, those sound very much like what I was talking about before when I said 'wristbands'. There is a website Chozo showed me where you can get text actually embossed into the bands rather than printed.

Cate Perfect

Oooh! I wanna see! Show!

Cate

Live R Perfect

Uhhh.... :oops: *didn't add it to his Favourites*

*points* Hey look! There's Chozo - he might know! *runs away*

• Like 1
The Lance Armstrong Foundation sells yellow jelly bracelets that say "Livestrong" on them. The proceeds go to cancer research.

OH! I've seen those. I wondered why everyone was suddenly wearing rubber bands around their wrists. I thought maybe they were all trying to quite smoking in a heavy duty fashion. I've seen them in hues other than yellow, though, are those the same thing?

Cate

Different colours represent different causes, I think, Cate.

And, wait just a moment. *chases Karl* Thinks he is getting off that easy, does he?

• Like 1
Silly Green Monkey

Walmart's got buckets of them at the checkout stand. For some reason, no one buys the Courage or Sensuality ones.

• Like 1
You know, black rings aren't even that hard to find. There's a place here in my own town that sells hemitite ones. Oooo can we use it? Please?

I had a haematite ring once. I dropped it, and it shattered. Thing is, that rings don't really suit me. Although I like the idea.

I had a haematite ring once. I dropped it, and it shattered. Thing is, that rings don't really suit me. Although I like the idea.

Weird, still, black is black.