Do you ever get crushes/squishes on fictional characters?

Rebuilder

Ace of Amethysts

I get squishes on fictional characters, but I don`t identify as "fictoromantic".

I am in love with Jareth from Labyrinth and moreover because he was played by David Bowie god rest his soul. I am in love with him so much that i dont look at anyone but him. i dream about him. i think of him and i cant stop thinking! Jareth stole my heart and broke it when the actor died. i even wrote a fanfiction after he died. i wish...just wish to go away in a forever fantasy. i have never fallen in love and never will because Jareth is the only one for me.Jareth-labyrinth-13437472-425-624.jpg

I do, but on a whole different level. I feel sexual attraction to fictional (non-human) characters.......ok I'm weird.

• 7 months later...

This was me my whole life. (it was what helped me understand that I was in the hetero category actually). I think it was because I had the opportunity to get to know the 'personalities' of the characters and see them in a way I never felt I could with guys IRL. (they had been real pricks where I live. Many of them in my teen years were typical jerks, pervs, pigs, idiots..just bad -_-"") It just felt a lot safer, never the threat of having to be close and be pressured into any thing i wasn't ready for. It also allowed me to develop a really strong awareness of what internal characteristics i was genuinely attracted to.

Archived