Do you ever get crushes/squishes on fictional characters?

Rebuilder

bittersweet988

Oh I do! :P I hardly ever like someone in real life, whereas I sometimes find exactly what I'm looking for in fictional characters...too bad they are not real :(

I don't crush, but I love love love love shipping characters.

It's kind of similar to a crush, because my ships sort of appear out of nowhere and then can get really strong. I get obsessed with going through all the scenes/episodes/chapters where my desired pair appear together and create a larger story about their romance. And of course I devour a good amount of fan fic and fan art as well. :)

Hmmm the squishes probably happen with irl people, like Misha Collins or Jhonen Vasquez, and I'm just like EEEEeee they are so cool, it would be awesome to know them, kinda thing
. I don't think I've had that with a fictional character, though I can find them transfixing to stare at and appreciate.

supersymmetry

Nope. Love them in a familial kind of way, but not as a crush nor a squish. I wish I could relate to 'the feels' lol

I was recently watching the BBC Robin Hood. I couldn't help but feel for Guy of Gisbourne, played by Richard Armitage. Guy is in love with Marian, who is in love with Robin. And Guy is also super awkward with his attempts at wooing her. At one point he randomly throws her over his shoulder. When Marian gets upset, Guy gets all uncertain. "I just wanted to...sweep you off your feet..." It's pretty funny, even more so knowing that if I was trying to flirt, I would likely be just as awkward. His character was the only reason I watched the show. That's probably as close as I'll get to squishing on a fictional character.

Sure do. I have three: Daniel Jackson of Stargate SG-1, Spencer Reid of Criminal Minds, and Tom Hiddleston's Loki in The Avengers. I have fantasies of getting to know them and becoming friends with them (and getting the occasional hug http://www.asexuality.org/en/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/wink.gif ). I research them, I collect images of them. These squishes can actually be pretty extreme when they first hit, and then usually settle down a few weeks or months later.

Almost all of my squishes and crushed have been on fictional characters. Like Sherlock(BBC), John Watson(BBC), Spencer Reid(Criminal Minds), Sirius Black and Remus Lupin (Harry Potter), Joey Wheeler (YuGiOh), Hwaorang(Tekken), Renji Abarai (Bleach), and Deadpool. It sucks, because they're not real.

I have a strong liking for House lol

and Snape from Harry Potter...idk something about his character intrigued me

As far as far as anime/cartoon guys I have liked and those I'm currently infatuated with are:

Robin- Teen Titans (my favorite childhood show)

Shaggy- Scooby Doo (don't ask why lol)

Samurai Jack from Samurai Jack

Sebestian- Kuroshitsuji (he's one HELL of an butler indeed!)

Senri- Anima (from manga)

Kakashi-Naruto (gaaah <3)

Lelouch-Code Geauss (<3!)

I guess I like mysterious guys sigh...Why can't I find a guy too like in real life? Gosh I feel so embarrassed now http://www.asexuality.org/en/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/wub.gif

• 2 months later...

Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds)

Same here.

Dr Reid has an IQ of 187.

Spender shows a lack of interest when interacting with women. He falls PLATONICALLY in love with a girl, despite the fact he doesn't even know her personally. How cool is that! :wub:

image.gif

Yes. The more fictional the better, because they are safe, unlike real life fiction characters cannot try and demand something we can't give or don't want. Betty Rubble from the Flintstones was my first. Lisbeth from Girl with a Dragon Tattoo the strongest squish

SpasticTrees244

Isn't it just really easy to crush on fictional characters. I mean it's not like they can pressure us in any way and liking them doesn't stress me out because they're fictional.

Growing up I had a crush on Zuko and currently I have one on Luffy (who is canonically Asexual).

TheArronaut

Castiel from Supernatural! Ijust want to take him home, wrap him up in a blanket, feed him, and pet his hair

CrochetFool

Hamlet, Ellery Queen...I like the grumpy brainiacs. As a small girl I had a thing for Fred from Scooby-Doo, although as an adult he would drive me insane.

Contrary to rumor, I never crushed on Egon Spengler from Ghostbusters...I just wished my dad was more like him.

• 8 months later...
98slbrookes98

I identify as a homoromantic asexual. I have had crushes on women in both real life and on the Second Life game and I get crushes quite frequenty. However, more recently I have had two unexpected squishes on fictional males. My first was Wilbur Post from the Mr Ed series - my dad introduced me to the Mr Ed series and as I binge watched it I found myself thinking of Wilbur as a best friend - I looked forward to "seeing" him and "hanging out with him" but had no desire for a mutually exclusive romantic or sexual relationship with him. My current squish is Tim O Harah from My Favourite Martian - in the same way I look forward to "seeing" Tim again when watching the episodes and metaphorically "hanging out" with him and being his friend but no desire for a romantic or sexual relationship with him - interestingly both characters in the series were best friends to a talking horse and a friendly Martian respectively.

I will second (or third?) those that said Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds.

98slbrookes98

I recently had to squishes on fictional males - one was Wilbur Post from the Mr Ed series and my current squish is Tim O'Hara from My Favourite Martian. I just wanted to hang out with them and have them as my platonic best friends (nothing romantic or sexual) Interestingly both characters were in the role of a best friend to a Martian and a talking horse respectively in the TV series so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Ive never had squishes before on fictional characters or real life people so it came as quite a surprise.

98slbrookes98

I recently had to squishes on fictional males - one was Wilbur Post from the Mr Ed series and my current squish is Tim O'Hara from My Favourite Martian. I just wanted to hang out with them and have them as my platonic best friends (nothing romantic or sexual) Interestingly both characters were in the role of a best friend to a Martian and a talking horse respectively in the TV series so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Ive never had squishes before on fictional characters or real life people so it came as quite a surprise.

98slbrookes98

98slbrookes98

98slbrookes98

98slbrookes98

Aesthetically, and their personality for sure! I had a huge squish on Asuna from sword art online, and if you mean like real people tv shows it's gotta be Charlie from supernatural.

I will second (or third?) those that said Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds.

He is currently my only male squish tbh.

All. The. Time. Seriously, I would be hard-pressed to recall a time when I didn't have a crush on a fictional character. I used to fantasize about actually being in a romantic relationship with my crush of the moment. These days, I tend to fantasize from even more of a distance; I have a thing for cute couples--Finnick and Annie from The Hunger Games being a current fave--and I kind of love Finnick (or whoever the guy is) as part of the relationship, if that makes sense.

Lady Bookwyrm

Yes, I do, and much more often than I do real people.

I think it's my lithromatic side. I can safely crush on fictional characters because they aren't going to reciprocate. They aren't going to expect anything from me in return (i.e. sex). They also won't have their feelings hurt if I suddenly lose interest. :p

• 1 month later...

Absolutely. Over the years, they've been kind of a..."I wish I had someone in my real life like this." I know where I live and I know how introverted I am, and I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that that make mean I'm alone and just have semi-distant friends. But...a gal can dream, right?

I dunno if y'all watch Rizzoli & Isles, but that's the kind of relationship I wish I had in my life. I know a lot of people are hoping for them to end up together relationship-wise, but I love their friendship. I love that beyond everything and everyone else in their lives, they have each other. And damn if I wouldn't want a Maura Isles in my life, too.

I still have a crush on Squall Leonhart from Final Fantasy VIII. For me, the draw of a fictional character is that I can believe he is perfect and for all intents, he is because he isn't real.

Archived