Do you ever get crushes/squishes on fictional characters?

Rebuilder

If I tried to name all of the characters that I love and would really want to meet, it would take hours..... but I wouldn't really call any of these "crushes" exactly.. it's just I get emotionally attached to some characters... like I can really relate to Dean Winchester so I love the guy~ but I can say that I have had crushes on otome game characters (but that's the point of them) like Ichigo Sato and Johji Chakura from Dreamy Days... and Captain Morgan from Pirates in Love... and Miyabi from Enchanted in the Moonlight seems wonderful (haven't played his story yet) I just love my otome games~ <3

When I first read Lord of the Rings I really wanted to be the pseudo-little sister of Legolas and Aragorn, and have them teach me swordplay and archery. I still think that would be awesome.

girltwink666

goodness gracious roxy lalonde is all i have to say. i dont know if i want to become her or just hug her forever gosh what a great character

Buckley166422

I crushed on Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World pretty hard!

mystygirlwarrior

I've had loads, ie. Loki, the Joker, even though it's not fictional Greg from the Wiggles (don't laugh), anime boys, book characters, you know where I'm getting at. But I have always been a fan of LOTR, but mostly Legolas. I don't know. I can't stop thinking about him. At first I thought it was bad, but now I think it is good. He helps me a lot in real life, and I am never bored anymore as he is in my mind. But sometimes I get so attached I threaten to kill myself. Don't ask why. I just do. I seriously feel so hurt now, I can't live in Middle Earth. I just don't know what to do.

If you have a fictional crush, I say to keep it. But keep it a secret.

FOXracingfan

Yes, I do. Mainly book characters but sometimes it'll be a character from a TV show that grabs my attention.

i've got this lifelong crush on legolas from the lord of the rings oh my gOD

although elladan and elrohir are both p rad as hell too

• 4 months later...
Spirit-catcher

I have horrible fan-crushes on a lot of fictional characters. It's more of a "I adore them and I wanna hug them and be best friends with them and give them all the fluffy kittens and teddy bears in the world" kind of thing.

Basically I just find them absolutely adorable and I wanna hug them a lot.

Couldn't agree more or say it better!

I admitted to my best friend that I have recently developed a my first celeb crush (I'm age 23 years, ad it's on Colin Morgan). She laughed so hard she nearly wet herself when I expanded and admitted that all I would really want to do is hug Colin Morgan, maybe kiss him, nothing more. She doesn't think I'm broken like my mother does, but she does say I am "emotionally delayed".

Oh well, I'd still hug and maybe kiss Colin Morgan if he wanted to haha! ^_^'

I wouldn't say I've crushed on them exactly.. but there are some characters I felt like I'd get on well with in friendship, or would love to exist in reality just to learn from and have conversation with.

Short term (meaning they didn't last long or they come and go):

• Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass anime (for his brains and I'm rather drawn by mysterious, cold, intellectual types)
  • Sirius Black (i liked his chill personality, and his protective nature, and his loneliness drew me to him)
  • Jasper Cullen from Twilight (what.. i was 15 or something at the time...)
  • Amy Farrah Fowler from Big Bang Theory (my personality is similar to hers, and she seemed to be asexual in the beginning, but now, she clearly isn't which is why I'm no longer so interested in her)
  • Sherlock Holmes, both the book and BBC version (intellect. need i say more?)

Long term (Drizzt I've liked for 5 or 6 years and Tohru for maybe 2) :

• Drizzt Do'Urden from Legend of Drizzt series (a rather solitary but awesome fighter, cares a great deal for his friends and would do anything for them at the cost to himself if necessary, quiet and a rather deep thinker, tries hard to maintain his principles even if his world falls apart around him or loses himself in his alter ego)
  • Tohru Mizushima from Iris Zero manga (reserved and secretive, somewhat rude or cold, slow to open up to people, good observer of behavior and actions, and tries to be helpful in his own way)

I had a longing for Tonks that was unusual for me. Usually I wanted to be friends with a fictional character I liked, but with Tonks I wanted to be her "special friend." For about one day, I felt that Draco just needed me to make him a happier person, but I got over it.

Oh man, I crush on fictional characters all the time. I have such a long list (and I'm probably forgetting some)

Anime: Clow Reed (Cardcaptors Sakura), Fujitaka Kinomoto (CCS), Professor Tomoe (Sailor Moon), Cho Hakkai (Saiyuki), Yukito (CCS), Yamino Ryusuke (Loki Ragnarok)

Video Games: Prof. Hojo (Final Fantasy VII), Father Vincent (Silent Hill 3), Nooj (Final Fantasy X2), Auron (FF X)

TV shows: Wesley Wyndam-Pryce (Angel), Rollo (Vikings)

Movies: Eisenheim (The Illusionist), Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Yup, every few animes I watch I'll get super attached to character. I get like strong parental and platonic feelings towards the mostly. I usually refer to these characters as my wifeys, sons (used as a gender neutral term), boyfriends, husbands, and babbies.

The closest thing I've had to a crush is on Finnian from Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler I just... oh man, what a cutie he is. He's the first anime character I got attached to and he's still my all time favorite character. And Kuroba Kaito from Magic Kaito 1412 (and Detective Conan but I haven't started watching that yet) is up there too, I just... he's so suave and a dork and wow definite huge crush/squish on you.

And here's a short list of the other characters I have squishes on: Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4, video game), all the oofuri characters (anime), Spanner (KHR, anime), Tanaka Ryunosuke (Haikyuu!!, anime), Kuga Yuma (World Trigger, manga), Tsugumi Seishiro (Nisekoi, anime), Kou Ichijou (Persona 4, video game), Gokudera Hayato (KHR, anime), Armin Arlelt (SNK, anime), Sakura Chiyo (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, anime), the main four in hunter x hunter (anime), etc etc

all of them, I adore all of them

If I could list all the crushes/squishes I had on fictional characters, I'd probably be writing for a good 6 hours+. What I've realised is that I have only really had crushes/squishes on only male fictional characters (plus 1 character with their gender never being mentioned) and barely any female fictional characters... Whereas if I have "crushes"/squishes on real people, they are usually only females...

Anyway, pretty much 99% of my male fictional character crushes/squishes are anime characters. The ones that I can think on the top of my head include:

Matsuoka Rin, Nanase Haruka, Haise Sasaki/Kaneki Ken, Ooji Mochizou, Twelve (from Zankyou no Terror), Toudou Jinpachi, Manami Sangaku, Kuroo Tetsurou, Kozume Kenma, Oikawa Tooru, Kumo Tenka, Uta, Kise Ryouta, Judal plus heaps of yaoi characters and other anime characters...

Styx-the-Gargoyle

As for me, I've only ever got squishes on fictional characters. I don't really care about their aesthetics, I just care very intensely for their wellbeing and want them to have happiness. My most recent one was Beatrice from the visual novel Umineko No Naku Koro Ni, she was so amazing. Although I think I may also be developing ones for Terezi Pyrope and Karkat Vantas from Homestuck.

looks through some of the comments-

Um, I'm not sure if it counts as a squish, but sometimes I come across characters that make me want to cuddle the cranky out of them platonically (Karkat Vantas) and/or wrap them in a blanket and protect them from the world Mother Hen style (Ren Mihashi from Ookiku Furikabutte and Sakutarou from Umineko no naku koro ni, who is coincidentally the character in my avatar)

OH MY GODS! Your into 2 of my favorite stories :o ... :lol:

I've been literally in love with Killer Croc from DC for about six or seven months now. It's...it's not even funny anymore. I literally think about him at least two-three times a day, usually more, and I start blushing if I think about him and I daydream about kissing him or even just spending time around him. I get that weird fluttering feeling in my chest when I see images of him and I can't even describe how bad it is any more. So yeah. Literal love for a fictional character. This is how far I've fallen.

The Maple Leaf Forever

Not anytime recently, but I did as a kid and they were cartoon characters:

-When I was 5: Clarice, the girl chipmunk from the Chip 'N' Dale cartoon "Two Chips and a Miss"

-When I was 6-7: Penny from "Inspector Gadget"

-When I was 9: Mainframe, a police officer from the cartoon "C.O.P.S."

-When I was 10: April O'Neil from "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"

When I was younger, this was a dirty little secret for me, I always thought I was some kind of pervert to be able to have a crush on cartoon characters (even if I was a prepubescent child at the time)...and then the Internet came along and I found out that a lot of adults, let alone kids, have/have had crushes on cartoon characters.

TheLandsBeyond

I don't really get attached to celebrities beyond thinking they're cool, and though I get particularly fond about certain characters, I don't think of it as an actual crush.

The main example I can think of is Elijah from The Vampire Diaries/The Originals. I feel a bond to his character, which only became stronger when I found out that the actor shares my birthday. I don't fantasize about being with him in any capacity, though.

It's like he's my OTP, only I don't ship him with anyone, and I never want him to be with anyone.

I faked a crush on Yamato from Digimon in middle school, but that's about it. I've never gotten crushes or squishes, fictional or otherwise. *shrugs*

I'm pretty sure I had an actual crush on Ken and Yamato when I was little. Probably more of a squish back then. They were awesome

Yeah. It's a serious problem with me. I don't know if they're crushes or squishes or whatever, I just love them

Anne Shirley. Gilbert Blythe. Philippa Gordon, all from the Anne of Green Gables books. Seriously, I would get into a bar fight over those characters.
Elsa. I get the piss taken out of me for it a lot
Hamlet. Something about that angsty Danish Prince is just loveable
Scripps from History Boys
Merida from Brave
Peeta from the Hunger Games (even before I saw the films). Also Finnick.
Prince Hal/Henry V from the Shakespeare plays
Beatrice and Benedick from Much Ado About Nothing. Especially Beatrice
Zane from Uglies. Used to have the biggest fictional crush on him.
Remus Lupin. If I start talking about the Deathly Hallows I get angry and cry. Also Fred. And Draco. But mainly Lupin.
Castiel and Dean Winchester. Partly because the actors are pretty but mostly because they're adorable
I've had a lot of fiction crushes over the years. River Song, until Moffat's writing made her too annoying to me (I still adore Alex Kingston)

ACEchupacabra

Constantly. Right now, Viral from Gurren Lagann makes me fangirl right off the couch. I guess I like fictional characters more because I know that there is no way that I will actually end up in a relationship with them, so it feels safer.

Would anybody find it weird that I constantly "squish" on my own fictional character...? Particularly, this adorable asshole of mine? After redesigning him around 2006 (I think), his character developed on his own as I wrote...So much that he's now my most cherished out of all of my characters. I kinda coddle him like an overprotective mother...I dunno if it's because of the tragic/sympathetic villain part, or it's the "hidden softie side," but everything he does in my writings...even his flaws...I just feel all giddy and clingy about him. I'm emotionally attached to him so much, a friend commissioned a plushie of him, after I wished for a plushie several years ago. Now I have physical "Ludey" plushie to cuddle the hell out of. :3

...I blame him for my technology failures...And for making me have a thing for dark-haired nerdy guys, who are also a little mischevious/trollish. (*cough* my crush, who is also his voice-actor *cough*) Cunning intelligence isn't really a "turn-on" for me, but it's definitely the most appealing trait that I adore the most in guys...

When I was 5 years old I had the BIGGEST crush on Bugs Bunny. I wanted to marry him when I grow up. :wub: :redface:

• 2 weeks later...
darkest absol

I'm pretty sure I have a squish on Sera Masumi from Detective Conan. I just want to be friends with her.

I do all the time. Seriously. Both squishes and crushes. I find that there are characters who are so well written, that they are often like "real life" people, and in this case, we often get to know them in a much easier and quicker capacity than getting to know "real people", which makes having crushes and squishes on fictional characters so easy.

No because since they don't exist, what would be the point?

Only one man for me!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a squish on Sherlock Holmes also Deadshot (from Arrow) and Will Graham (Hannibal)

Sage Raven Domino

Oooh, I get a ton of them, of the aestheto-intellectual type!

Let me list the top 10 of my fictional squishes. I won't make nested spoilers because there's a technique that allows to see all their conent at once; so look into the spoilers one by one for suspense. Note that I've limited the list to the pieces that I've actually read/watched at least partially and to internationally known characters only (I also squished on three presumably demiheterosexual female characters of Russian local sitcoms). I tend to squish on female characters who're creative, independent and strong like males; appearance-wise, it's obvious that I prefer brunettes and/or girls who dress eccentrically.

A special mention goes to someone whom I can't include because he died in the novel - Evgeny Bazarov from Turgenev's 'Fathers and Sons', with whom I was associating the most during my youth. RIP, dear Zhenya, I'm sorry that there was no AVEN in your times, otherwise you would have learned that it's OK to be WTFromantic and been less lost in thoughts when doing that fatal autopsy...

Now let's move on to my list of the 10 cutest 'alive' ones in the increasing order of attraction!

10. April O'Neil - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series

9. Selena - Underworld series [Kate Beckinsale's character]

8. Joanna Sedley (aka John Matcham) - The Black Arrow: A Tale of the Two Roses, a novel by Robert Lewis Stevenson

8a (honourable mention). Diana Vernon - Rob Roy, a novel by Walter Scott

FtM crossdressing is always a great theme :blush:

7. Alice Cullen - Twilight series

6. Jessica Fraser - Mistresses, UK original [corresponding to Josslyn Carver of the US remake]

5. Rosalinde - Die Fledermaus, an operetta by Johann Strauss II

4. Princess Jasmine - Aladdin, 1992 Disney cartoon [the beauty symbol of my early childhood]

3. Erin Silver - 90210

2. ALYS - CeVIO software [a French 'vocaloid']

*drum roll*

1. Martha M. Masters, Ph.D. - House, M.D. [a fellow aspie & former mathematician ftw]

Story of my life, basically. I could go on for miles about all my fictional squishes. My longest standing fictional squish is on a character who could be ace too. :)

Archived