Do you ever get crushes/squishes on fictional characters?

Rebuilder

Oh my god YES. I kind of have a crush on Joker from HnKnA. I have so many pictures of him saved on my iPad hahaha. This is what I get for reading supernatural romance YA books and romance manga.

I totally do. Fictional Characters:Sherlock Holmes from the original Sir Arthur Conan Doyle series, and the Jeremy Brett adaptation.Mycroft Holmes From the BBC adaptation. (Intelligence just does stuff for me.)Remus Lupin from Harry PotterCelebrities:Benedict CumberbatchSteven FryMark GatissDavid TennantJ. Michael Tatum (A well known anime voice actor. I met him and oh the hours of fangirling that ensued afterwards.)These people are just people I want to get to know and have a good long discussion with. Like I would fangirl out of control if I ever got to meet these people, (already been proven with JMT) but I don't crush on them romantically. It's more like an intellectual crush if you will. Maybe a squish?

You met the voice of Sebastian Michaelis you're so lucky!!!! I'd love to meet J. Michael Tatum.

I've gotten significantly more crushes on fictional characters than actual people :lol: lol.

i do all the time and it weirds me out most of the time i think its because i very rarely crush on a real life person and i find it easier to appreciate a stylized character aesthetically and since im none to used ti these i get a little freaked out each time which wouldnt be a problem if it didnt happen so often <_<

Sesshoumaru, Damien, Kouga, Usagi, Elsa, Sephiroth, Akane to name a few. Silly to me, really, but there you have it.

My very first crush was on Toby from Unico! Cute blond bug boy! I was like 5!

AmethystKitty

I like people for what they are like, not what they look like. That being said, I like Sherlock (bbc) because he's so smart.

Mad Skittlez

Oh, definitely. Sam Winchester from Supernatural and Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds are the big ones for me at the moment. I tend to be drawn to smart, sensitive, sarcastic characters for some reason, even more so if something bad has happened to them. Part of it is attraction to their personality, part of it is aesthetic attraction, and I think part of it is some maternal instinct to hug them until they feel better. I almost think it's easier to crush on a fictional character because you already know nothing's going to come of it, so it's a lot less stressful than having a crush on a person you know.

Pointy Vulcans

Rather than having a crush or squish on a character, I always wanted to *be* that character. Some being House, Spock (without the pon farr) and Data. Briefly Monk, Mayuri Kurotsuchi, adult Sarah Jane Smith and Davros (because he's the best villain in Doctor Who imo). I also see the appeal of being Sherlock Holmes but I don't have a specific interpretation of the character in mind. I now realize after being introduced to the concept of asexuality that all of those characters were mostly non-sexual (and male) or did not have sex for whatever reason (and since three of them have disabilities, I have to side-eye a little on that too). Oh and when I was a kid I thought being Dumbledore would be pretty awesome. And he's celibate for other side-eye worthy reasons.

Maelstrom_17

YES. In fourth and fifth grade I had a crush on Tobias from Animorphs, in sixth grade I had a crush on Koji from Digimon Frontier, in seventh grade it was Sasuke from Naruto (though I grew to hate him afterwards), in eighth grade it was Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh, and in 9th grade it was Renji from Bleach. I think in tenth grade it was Russia from Hetalia. Now it might be America. (my girlfriend cosplays America so I think maybe that plays a factor in why I like him xD) ...and...well, before fourth grade Ash Ketchum was my freaking hero xD

EDIT: I don't mean these were legitimate "I have serious romantic feelings" crush. Just...crazed fangirl crush. If that makes sense.

Yeah anime people are so perfect aesthetically, compared to actual people. I can see why people would have profound crushes/squishes on anime females/males.

LeaveOnYourColours

Far more than I've crushed or squished on real people! Book people are so amazing... I had an enormous squish on a character in a book named Razo. He was beautiful.

Oh yes, so many times that it's impossible to count them. :lol:

red_brick_dream

All the time!

Right now it's Liz Lemon and Chris Traeger :wub:

For certain characters I find charming, I'm inclined to use the phrase "fictional character crush" but I suspect it not the same idea of "crush" that's generally used.

Most common "type" is female-bodied, calm/cool/quiet, reasonably kind, and at least a little bit badass--e.g. Milla (Tales of Xillia), Tear (Tales of the Abyss), Hawkeye (Fullmetal Alchemist).

But I am aro ace, so I wouldn't want to be involved with them if they existed... probably. :excl::blush:

*Ahem*

Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Draco Malfoy, Lucius Malfoy, Elizabeth Bennet, Nymphadora Tonks, Loki, Kyo Sohma, Haruhi Fujkoka... Need I continue?

It's not sexual in any way, but I have crushes on fictional characters all the time. I figure if it's completely normal for sexual people to have crushes on fictional characters, then why the hell shouldn't I? :)

Happydays97

I had a squish on Latvia (Hetalia), Alex P. Keaton (Family Ties) , Andou (Yumeiro Patissiere), and Potsie & Richie (Happy Days).

Currently I have a squish on Phillip J. Fry (Futurama). I like how naïve and fun he can be. :)

. . .but there are sounds

For certain characters I find charming, I'm inclined to use the phrase "fictional character crush" but I suspect it not the same idea of "crush" that's generally used.

Most common "type" is female-bodied, calm/cool/quiet, reasonably kind, and at least a little bit badass--e.g. Milla (Tales of Xillia), Tear (Tales of the Abyss), Hawkeye (Fullmetal Alchemist).

But I am aro ace, so I wouldn't want to be involved with them if they existed... probably. :excl::blush:

This made me think of the infatuation I had with Jade from Tales of the Abyss for a while. : D

Also Kat from Gunnerkrigg Court.

Lol more often than I can count! <3 I've had crushes on fictional characters way before I liked real people. XD Anime/manga and video games will definitely do that to you...hehe.

I am totally aboard both the Sherlock and Loki boats. Shameless. :wub:

I have also crushed on: Wesley (The Princess Bride), Chuck (Chuck), Four (Divergent series), Tommy Merlin (Arrow), Spider-man, Thomas Raith (Dresden Files series), Han Solo (Star Wars), Dean Winchester (Supernatural), Jon Snow (Game of Thrones), Samwise Gamgee (LoTR), D'Artagnan (Three Musketeers), Raj (Big Bang Theory), Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo), Robin Hood... Wow. I don't know how or why this happens.

Oh yes. I barely ever get crushes on real life people, but fictional characters, well... That's an entirely different matter. ^_^

YellowElephant

Huge squish on Ron Weasley because, c'mon, as a fellow redhead, he is amazingly awesome. And Hermione Granger too. If I could hang out with them for a day... <3

The Once-ler

I often get squishes on fictional characters as well. Steven Stone (Pokémon), Ponyboy Curtis (The Outsiders), Lord Sparr (Chronicles of Droon), to name a few. While I occasionally get movie squishes, I find book characters the most appealing. I rarely get squishes on real people and never on celebrities (always the character, never the actor)... Maybe it's because physical appearance plays little if no role in my squishes.

I'm way too embarrassed to mention who and from where but I can say I've had many of these during my teen years and still sometimes rarely have. It lasts for couple of weeks and then turns to normal admiration. Usually they're the types I'd never fall for in real life.

There's also been many cases where it has disappeared right away if the character has had sex either in canon or fanfiction. Generally sex scenes just annoy me and I try to avoid them, but sometimes they just pop out from nowhere. Seems also that some characters are doomed to be shipped by almost everyone, whether they really have a relationship or not.

I can't even count all my cases with fictional characters that go "I had a crush on this character until I saw this gangbang fetish pic of them in feed while I was searching for fanart."

BananaHannah

I get them all the time. Atm it's Steve Rogers because Steve okay <3 I just want to cuddle him forever... Slightly creepy, but true haha

Synchrèse

No, I don't, however I used to fantasize about some fictional characters (such as Sirius Black...I guess..) when I was younger.

Artistofnoname

I've had quite a liking for Edd aka Double-D from Ed, Edd, n, Eddy and Arnold from Hey Arnold.

Guess you could say I like intelligence and the precocious types.

OOH I belong on this thread. I have so many fictional crushes/squishes it's unbelievable. Sherlock (Benny C), Dimitri Belikov (Danila K), King Arthur (Bradley J), but the dude I really love is Colin Morgan. It started with him as BBC's Merlin, but then I went to see him live on stage in Shakespeare's The Tempest as Ariel and then Mojo. I went to The Tempest six times, and i spoke real-life actual words to him, and he real-life smiled at me. AT ME!!!! Anyway, the more I know about him, the more I love him. It helps that he's fricking gorgeous.

I fantasize about him in many ways, from being best friends to being romantically involved. I just love him :3

I have horrible fan-crushes on a lot of fictional characters. It's more of a "I adore them and I wanna hug them and be best friends with them and give them all the fluffy kittens and teddy bears in the world" kind of thing.

Basically I just find them absolutely adorable and I wanna hug them a lot.

more fleeting ones than I can count I think :) But I think the two most longstanding ones so far have been Clint Barton (aka Hawkguy), and Troy Baker (voice actor extraordinaire). Both snarky blond pretty boys which have never been my type ever ever but I mean come on can you really blame me? (and don't even get me started on Troy Baker voicing Clint ... I recognized him in one episode where he was in disguise just from the little breathy noises and grunts he was making. my father was so ashamed.)

All the time..Recently I'm in love with Stiles Stillinski/Dylan O'Brien from Teenwolf

Archived