Do you ever get crushes/squishes on fictional characters?

Rebuilder

Gatita Pequeña

My friend showed me the entirety of Legend of Korra on Thursday...

I have immense affection for Tahno. I just...gah. <3

Um, I'm not sure if it counts as a squish, but sometimes I come across characters that make me want to cuddle the cranky out of them platonically (Karkat Vantas) and/or wrap them in a blanket and protect them from the world Mother Hen style (Ren Mihashi from Ookiku Furikabutte and Sakutarou from Umineko no naku koro ni, who is coincidentally the character in my avatar)

OH MY GOD I HAVE SO MANY LOKI FEELS!!!

<3 The feels are overwhelming. Loki's Army ahoy!

Actually I've been in love with a fictional character for the majority of my life (11 years). :wub:

IRL guys come and go without any real emotional attachment on my part, deep down I'm simply too faithful to my dream guy lol!

Being a strong believer in the afterlife, who knows...anything could happen ^_^

Instead of fading like a crush, the feelings I have for this person simply get stronger and more genuine with time.

And my grandma wonders why I don't want marriage or kids :lol: ....

About the only person I've ever though I might have a proper crush on is the Doctor from Doctor Who... not the actors who play him, no, the character himself in pretty much any incarnation. If I see the actors out-of-character they do nothing for me.

However, even that probably doesn't count as a crush because a) there's no sexual fantasy element whatsoever and b) I think I'd actually rather be him than be with him. He's not so much my unobtainable boyfriend as my unobtainable me. It's his total self-assuredness that wins my heart.

Yes, I crush on fictional characters all the time, (it's rather embarrassing, really) but I just feel love for them, not even the love for a potential partner (or sibling or friend). A kind of a special brand of fictional-character-love, perhaps, I wonder where that'd fall on Sternberg's triangular theory of love. Though, it is really too bad I don't really form emotional attachments to people.

I have a strong liking for House lol

and Snape from Harry Potter...idk something about his character intrigued me

As far as far as anime/cartoon guys I have liked and those I'm currently infatuated with are:

Robin- Teen Titans (my favorite childhood show)

Shaggy- Scooby Doo (don't ask why lol)

Samurai Jack from Samurai Jack

Sebestian- Kuroshitsuji (he's one HELL of an butler indeed!)

Senri- Anima (from manga)

Kakashi-Naruto (gaaah <3)

Lelouch-Code Geauss (<3!)

I guess I like mysterious guys sigh...Why can't I find a guy too like in real life? Gosh I feel so embarrassed now :wub:

I had (who am I kidding, I still have!) a squish on Nightcrawler (from the X-Men comics -not the film, never the films) for ages. It's probably based on the fact he's kind of the person I would really like to -maybe, one day, if I'm very, very lucky- go out with. Kind, funny, witty, knows what he believes in and stands up for it, has a strong sense of faith in something and has that gift for cheering you up when you're down.

Yes, I'm sad. I have a squish on a character they killed off and brought in an alternate reality counterpart who is the exact opposite. Excuse me, I'm going off to cry over my classic X-Men pocketbooks. :(

Oh yes all the time :wub:

Gosh they are just wonderful

Exactly what I was going to say. ^_^

I crush (and squish) on fictional people way more than real people. I stopped thinking it was weird ages ago. They're made fun and cool and awesome and good looking, what's not to like?

My longest crush is, and always will be, Batman. :P

Oh yes all the time :wub:

Gosh they are just wonderful

Exactly what I was going to say. ^_^

I crush (and squish) on fictional people way more than real people. I stopped thinking it was weird ages ago. They're made fun and cool and awesome and good looking, what's not to like?

Awesome!!! :D

Same here, <33

I have a crush on a couple of the rogues, too... cough*Joker and Scarecrow*cough, :wub:

It's embarrassing, but they were always the object of my affection.

Why spend time using your emotions on fictional characters? There are many people in rl, who might benefit from such things that you could offer. If you feel true emotions toward anything/anyone, it already shows a valid tendency to such behavior involving emotions.

Because:

1) Those rl people might not have appealing personalities.

2) Fictional characters can't break your heart.

belovedless

Fictional characters can't break your heart.

Oh yes they can! Have you ever had suffer a favorite fictional character dying, or changing their hairstyle, or entering a relationship with someone you don't approve of? Oh the inhumanity of it all!

I crush on fictional characters all the time. I have all the feels for the Batfam (with emphasis on Stephanie Brown and Jason Todd) and the Arrowfam (Oliver Queen, Roy Harper, Dinah Lance, Mia Dearden...). Plus Loki, Tony Stark, Vicki Nelson (Blood Ties), Tony Foster (Smoke & Mirrors), Adelia Aguilar (Mistress of the Art of Death), Shadow Moon (American Gods), Kaylee Frye (Firefly), Zoe Washburne (Firefly)...

... I have a lot of feels for fictional characters, okay?

I do. My main one right now is Vanille from Final Fantasy XIII.

I crush on fictional characters all the time. I have all the feels for the Batfam (with emphasis on Stephanie Brown and Jason Todd)

Yay for Steph! (I miss her :()

Great Thief Yatagarasu

Why spend time using your emotions on fictional characters? There are many people in rl, who might benefit from such things that you could offer. If you feel true emotions toward anything/anyone, it already shows a valid tendency to such behavior involving emotions.

Because:

Plus, there's a strange sense of comfort, knowing that they're always "there for you". It's really silly, I know, but when I don't have any "love interests" in my real life, it helps me stop feeling so lonely.

Because:

Plus, there's a strange sense of comfort, knowing that they're always "there for you". It's really silly, I know, but when I don't have any "love interests" in my real life, it helps me stop feeling so lonely.

Exactly ^-^ couldn't have said it better

Ah yes, I have felt those pangs as well. Last ones were from an anime, Yuki & Mikuru from Haruhi (+100 internets for people who know of it). I even had a really intense dream of Mikuru once, we even cuddled.

That said, I can't say that I spend hours pining away for a fictional character. I use it more as a thought experiment (INTP, what do you expect?). I do have an idea of a "dream girl," and surprise surprise, she's asexual too, but I understand and accept that this dream girl does not exist, and that trying to find a person who fits all (or even a majority) of my likes is either a- stupid or b- impossible. I'll continue to look for a girl who is able to accept me for me and hopefully we can work with that.

Yes, my first crush was on a guy in a show. My heart would stop whenever I saw him. When his character slept with a woman, I was crushed and a bit mad at him about being such a slut, though obviously I knew I was being unreasonable. And I've had various squishes on animated characters--Gambit from X-Men still makes my mouth water.

Yup,

I crush a lot on anime characters, but then figured out all of the ones i really like, have the same voice actor. So i really fall in love with the voice. 2 of my anime crushes died and sadly i cried...

Then on fictional characters also.

Shane Scholfield of Scarecrow books by Matthew Reilly.

All i can think of now...

bluebanana2014

If anyone has seen the Dark Knight Rises already, they know that Bane was obviously Asexual/Non-Sexual.

He and Talia have obviously never had sex but he was head over heels in Love with her and that's one of the main reasons he went along with "bringing down Gotham". Well, he was also hypnotized/mind-controlled but yeah also very much in Love with Talia.

Yep, got a few of those.

Izuru Kira - Bleach

Rukia Kuchiki - Bleach

Kyo Sohma - Fruits Basket

Zero Kiryu - Vampire Knight

Mamoru Chiba - Sailor Moon (my first anime crush)

Setsuna Meioh - Sailor Moon

the Hitachiin brothers from Ouran Highschool Host Club

I guess it's just that fictional characters seem much more safer than real relationships. If I need to pour affection and love onto a real being, it's my cat, and i don't mind tell you she laps up the attention and returns it.

Plus with anime characters, I have a bit of a creative writing streak in me, so I tend to write fan fictions about my favourite characters.

Glaaad I'm not the only one with Loki feels xD

I also currently have a squish on Leo from Charmed which is weird because when first started watching the show, I started with the last few seasons and ended up with a squish on Chris.

Glaaad I'm not the only one with Loki feels xD

You're far from the only one! To be honest, I'm surprised there aren't more. He is pretty darn lovable...

I had to a few cartoon/anime and video game characters before.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh how I love hot anime guys!^^

They're so hot, handsome and some even beautiful!^^ : D^^

I even fantasized making out with them^^'' More like kissing and hugging than a you know "intercourse"^^'' maybe a little but^^'' I do not understand why my attraction only exist with them. With me sexual fantasizing about then it makes me believe I am "sexual" but how can that be when I certainty don't find nor feel Real Guys to be "hot"nor "handsome." And I don't fantasized making out with them. Ick!!!!^^'' >: P I find this odd^^'' But shoot I love me some fictional characters. Not in a psychopathic way.^^''

When I say love I mean crushes^^ Long term friendly crushes that would not do me mental harm. Not an Extreme send me to a mental institute hospital^^''

The What if Game: If they were real I think I wouldn't be asexual. But they're not.

Yet I am glad. I can love them in anyway in my head. All to myself. My scenario. My World. My fantasy. I'll have Crushes in my fantasy world.^^ : )^^ Why do I feel crazy^^''

I have something of a crush on Elliot Reid from Scrubs, particularly from the first season or two. She and I are very similar in personality, especially in those early seasons, before she gets overtly sexual with her booty call-turned-boyfriend Keith, and before her outing as a Republican in the sixth season.

bookishfreak

I totally do.

Fictional Characters:

Sherlock Holmes from the original Sir Arthur Conan Doyle series, and the Jeremy Brett adaptation.

Mycroft Holmes From the BBC adaptation. (Intelligence just does stuff for me.)

Remus Lupin from Harry Potter

Celebrities:

Benedict Cumberbatch

Steven Fry

Mark Gatiss

David Tennant

J. Michael Tatum (A well known anime voice actor. I met him and oh the hours of fangirling that ensued afterwards.)

These people are just people I want to get to know and have a good long discussion with. Like I would fangirl out of control if I ever got to meet these people, (already been proven with JMT) but I don't crush on them romantically. It's more like an intellectual crush if you will. Maybe a squish?

• 1 year later...

Oh my god YES. I have a crush on Joker from HnKnA. I have so many pictures of him saved on my iPad hahaha. I'm a fangirl. This is what I get for reading supernatural romance YA books and romance manga all the time.

Archived