The "sorry I couldn't make it" thread

Great Thief Yatagarasu

Great Thief Yatagarasu

I SO wanted to go to pride this year. I really wanted to go, and I'm really upset that I couldn't. Two things stood in my way:

1. I forgot about it. I had exams last month, so the fact that Pride was coming up quickly left my memory banks, and I only remembered a few days before the event, at which point I had other plans.

2. The other plans. I was in London that day visiting my boy, but because I didn't know London very well, I didn't realise that Baker Street was only a few train stops away from his house. On his part, he didn't realise that the asexual part of the parade was in Baker Street, and assured me that if we wanted to go to where pride NORMALLY is, then we'd have to go out of our way to do so and it'd take forever. It was only when I was on my way home that I mentioned the Ace parade had started in Baker Street, and he said I was a bit of a fool and that he would have been happy to take me if I'd have mentioned it earlier.

Don't get me wrong, I had a great day out with him - but I really wanted to meet you guys, too. I would have loved to have shown you who I am, to let you know me in the flesh and blood and let you see that I'm not always as eloquent and awesome in real life as I am on here. I would have liked to have been able to introduce you to my boy, too, so you can see just what all the fuss is about (although I may have had to bring a stick to fend you all off of him, he's just so damn sweet and cute and aosisdbnfgsbipsw), and so HE could see this side of me that he knows exists and does his best to understand, but doesn't fully. But sadly, that didn't happen.

I'm sure there are other people here who would have loved to have gone, but couldn't - so yeah, here's a thread to vent your own lack-of-pride frustrations.

The good thing about pride is that it's every year... I know it was World Pride and so it attracted international members, but i'm certain that there will be future occasions for you to join in with... I'm sure there will be aces at the next London Pride and many other prides. As well as the various meet ups :)

Can those sorry buy buttons or something to make up for it?

Hidden121232341

Hell I wish I could have been there, but I simply couldn't arrange plans quick enough to be there. I'll definitely be at the next one though; I'll make that promise here and now!

~Blank

Janus the Fox

Prides don't happen anywhere close from where I live, otherwise costs of getting to one is not practical. That and showing support for two parades, heh... being picky as always me... :wacko:

I'll admit that I've only ever been to one Pride event in my entire life (Orlando, 2009) and I've always wanted to go again. Its the one public place I can feel ok about myself and not feel so weird buying so much rainbow things.

Unfortunately my folks are sort of preventing me from going to Pride. Not that they disprove of LGBTA parades or anything, its just that they don't know about either my sexual orientation or gender expression. The time where I was at Pride, I was terrified that my parents would somehow see me and then try to force me out of the closet again. So... um. I guess what I'm saying is that I'll promise to go next year so long as I come out to my parents. Soon.

Since I wasn't able to attend... how was it? ^_^;

Herr Joseph von Löthing

Got to the train station. Train was at the platform. Sprinted (I'm pretty fast). I got ten feet away. Driver (who watched me running) closed the doors and drove away.

I shouted and told him he's a F***ing C***, but it doesn't change the fact that I had no way to reach the station in time for my train to London. I'd spent £20 on tickets and everything :(

Booo Joe, I sympathise. I was in a little hamlet in the middle of nowhere once and I was waiting at the bus stop and the bus (which came every two hours) rounded the corner. There was a clear line of sight between me and the driver, I had my attention on him, I raised my ticket in my hand... and that [insert expletive here] actually turned his head and watched me as he drove past.

To play devil's advocate, if the driver or guard actually saw you mouth that verbatim, they might have made a split second decision to not wait ten seconds for you to get on, on the basis that people who cause violence and disorder on trains use that language too. Doesn't make anyone right or wrong, but I don't think there was any malice intended.

As I mentioned on another thread, I got called away to do the Brentwood Beer Festival at short notice, so I couldn't go. However, I did mention and discuss my asexual tendencies there with someone I was chatting to.

I definitely would have been there but a lack of funds is currently holding me back from a lot. :(

I couldn't go as I am currently housebound for reasons.

Shame as I wanted my trampomaline :angry:

Herr Joseph von Löthing

To play devil's advocate, if the driver or guard actually saw you mouth that verbatim, they might have made a split second decision to not wait ten seconds for you to get on, on the basis that people who cause violence and disorder on trains use that language too. Doesn't make anyone right or wrong, but I don't think there was any malice intended.

As I mentioned on another thread, I got called away to do the Brentwood Beer Festival at short notice, so I couldn't go. However, I did mention and discuss my asexual tendencies there with someone I was chatting to.

Oh no, I only shouted that after the driver made the decision to leave, closed the doors and drove away.

It's probably due to 'tight timetabling' or something, but for some reason it's OK for trains to be late by half an hour, but not wait for a paying customer to board.

I would have loved to go! I mean, there are pride parades in my area but World Pride just sounds so much...bigger and awesomer and more, um, international, and I would have loved to see and meet everyone!

Unfortunately, I had already had a big vacation in January and found out about World Pride far too late to save up the necessary funds and book the time off of work >_<

• 2 weeks later...
A Devil From Heaven

I couldn't afford going. For a while I thought I might be able to afford it, but then some things came up unexpectedly. :mellow: I would have loved to go, and I hope all who went had a great time!

Boo42069yomomma

They never happen near me, so I'm never able to make it! But, maybe one day I'll fly out to see y'all!

Guest member25959

I never managed to get the £70 needed to buy train tickeets, so I missed it. The worst thing is that I put off meeting with a friend a few days earlier in favor of meeting them at either Birmingham or WP instead. Neither happened for me, I hate that. I really wish I had started saving up last summer now. It kind of depresses me that I missed it now, but it would've been a bitch to deal with the anxiety if I'd gone, considering that I did actually go into an antisocial phase that day. I can't win.

Toronto 2014, I guess.

Shame as I wanted my trampomaline :angry:

We had it wrapped in ribbons and everything =P

• 10 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator