The thank you thread! (and more squeees as necessary)

A name is required

if i will make it to canada in 2014 you will not recognize me, that i can promise :)

MY BEAUTY IS ETERNAL.

Well... See you there, then.

winking_smiley.png

yes thank you to everyone who organized.

yes... the gap.

Also I'd like to add to that impressive list Eamonn...

the back alley of death with the night club

your whistling

wetherspoons (we went to like 50 especially the Moon Under Water)

and the roller derby girls at Pride

Those are also great things that happened. Such adventures! I thought of a couple more, but then promptly forgot them.

A name is required

it was amazing amazing weekend :)

so we can think about many things that happened there :)

MY BEAUTY IS ETERNAL.

Well... See you there, then.

winking_smiley.png

AGGGH Oh my god

*dying*

The gap was truly impressive though.

It means we think that safe sex is an important issue for anybody having it regardless of how or why they're having it, including any asexual who is having sex or the most sexual of sexuals who has a ton of casual sex and anybody in between.

Safe sex, it's important.

Much more confusing were the messages on the bits of cardboard holding the condoms: on one side, "Have our condoms, we don't need them!"; on the other, "Fact: some asexual people do actually engage in sex".

The conclusion being that asexuals engage in risky sex.

Were the Asexual contingency handing out condoms? Wouldn't that give the message that asexuals are into uncommitted sex because they go to the trouble of promoting safe sex? I don't get it.

Much more confusing were the messages on the bits of cardboard holding the condoms: on one side, "Have our condoms, we don't need them!"; on the other, "Fact: some asexual people do actually engage in sex".

The conclusion being that asexuals engage in risky sex.

That is what I said at the time as well. It does imply that asexuals who do have sex like to be risky. Or that we think they have more diseases then we do? it was a bit confusing.

I don't remember if the dental dams had a message on them or not...

Electric Barbarella

This discussion is so amusing. Please proceed, my lovelies. 8)

*remembering The Great Trip to London* It shall be immortalized. Somehow.

I don't remember if the dental dams had a message on them or not...

Ugh, all I can remember about the dental dams is what Akira did to them... >.>

Also, @SGE, Bristek has pretty much summarized why we were handing out condoms. As for the messages on the condoms... I did object!

The dams I think just had something about asexuals for safe sex or aven at worldpride on them.

There was a lot of debate about what to put on the condoms and that's what we ended up with, trying to sit between a humour 'have some condoms from asexuals lol' and 'well, actually, some of us do have sex for one reason or another so lets not exclude them and/or perpetuate the stereotype' and so we get that. I don't think anybody thought we didn't think having safe sex was important if you're going to have sex.

The dams said "Sex positive asexuals"

• 2 weeks later...
RodneyLondon

I've been in video editing hibernation, pouring over loads and loads of great footage but wanted to send out a big big thanks to everyone involved, both organizers and attendees. Mainly for putting up with me and my camera, but also for being generally very pleasant...

Extra special thanks to my interview subjects!

I'll certainly make it known once the film is finished- or maybe just check the Oscar nominations :)

• 10 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator