Virginity

Asexy51

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a virgin?

• I'm a virgin and planning to stay this way
    • I'm a virgin, but I want to have sex in the future
    • I'm not a virgin
    • I'm not a virgin, but I regret it

Let's stars off with me I'm 16, A-romantic Asexual and Virgin,(I know It's little to early for sex), but I don't want to have it anyway. There is no any reason which would make me want to have sex, except maybe if I would want to have my own children one day. I also as an asexual think sex can just bring more problems in life than it can bring any Joy except kids. (Everyone has their own opinion, so don't tell me I'm wrong) I think It's time for you to tell me yours.

Great Thief Yatagarasu

If I play my cards right, I may lose my V-plates this weekend. And I'm totes happy at that prospect, since I love my boy and, being demi, I'm actually quite comfortable in my sexual-ness as far as he's concerned (with everyone else, TOTALLY ace!).

Even if I wasn't with my boy, I've always wanted to try sex out at some point, partly because of curiosity and partly because I've always known that I was demi (even when I had nothing but a gut feeling telling me so) and I always knew that it was something I'd enthusiastically want one day with the proverbial "right guy". Although I do think that everyone should just do what they're comfortable doing - you want to stay a virgin, you can do that.

TheKindredSoul

I'm fairly young myself, but I still plan on never having intercourse, even to have my own blood children.

Being a virgin is related to my spiritual beliefs, but it is also related to my asexuality also.

Not only that, but I am aromantic, so I don't want a relationship with anyone.

I had sex, it was awkward (but it's been said that the first time is), it was also the only time I had sex. I don't regret it, but I don't care to have it ever again.

I'm fairly young myself, but I still plan on never having intercourse, even to have my own blood children.

Being a virgin is related to my spiritual beliefs, but it is also related to my asexuality also.

What are your spiritual beliefs, If I may ask?

TheKindredSoul

Uh, I was hoping no one would ask that, but I kind of have my own unique belief system... :redface:

I don't suit the typical standards of a religion.

The Great WTF

I was a virgin until I hit twenty, then my curiosity got the better of me and I took up a friend on his offer for 'just for the hell of it' sex. We were already somewhat of an item at the time and I'm still with him two and a half years later.

Uh, I was hoping no one would ask that, but I kind of have my own unique belief system... :redface:

You can tell me, nobody knows who you are anyway.

SorryNotSorry

If I had the money, I'd start a group named Virgins With Attitude! :twisted:

TheKindredSoul

You can tell me, nobody knows who you are anyway.

I have my own unique belief system. I am spiritual, not religious.

At my "church", we worship and respect all teachings; not just one.

Im aromantic and asexual, and while I have no plans to lose my virginity, theres part of me that wants to know. If I did it would be sort of a scientific sort of thing.

Im aromantic and asexual, and while I have no plans to lose my virginity, theres part of me that wants to know. If I did it would be sort of a scientific sort of thing.

Every time this topic comes up, I think of this quote from Voltaire:

"It is an infantile superstition of the human spirit that virginity would be thought a virtue and not the barrier that separates ignorance from knowledge."

Lady Heartilly

I selected the first option, but there should probably be something between the first two along the lines of "I am a virgin, but this may change if I meet someone who I love enough to compromise for." I don't want to have sex in the future, but if it could make or break the possibility of a happy marriage, I wouldn't completely rule it out.

Also, personally, I think 16 is way too young to even be considering these things anyway. :P Yes, I know lots of people lose their virginity around that age, but I say you're not even a legal adult until 18, and you have plenty of time after that to see what life brings you in the future. I don't particularly like hearing about 16-year-olds having sex. It makes me sad because they're so young and have yet to experience life. Plus, if they don't use contraceptives, that could result in a 16-year-old pregnant girl, and that's way too young to take on such a big responsibility.

For a while, I used to say I was never ever going to have sex, ever, but I'm 25 now, and I've learned that it's very difficult to stay in a long-term relationship without it. As a result, I've become more open to compromise over time, though ideally I would be in a sexless relationship.

I selected the first option, but there should probably be something between the first two along the lines of "I am a virgin, but this may change if I meet someone who I love enough to compromise for." I don't want to have sex in the future, but if it could make or break the possibility of a happy marriage, I wouldn't completely rule it out.

This is pretty much what I think, I'm not planning on it for 10 years but it's not something I've totally ruled out.

" plenty of time after that to see what life brings you in the future".

I so detest this phrase. As it runs on the assumption that everyone will live well into their 80s or even 90s, when that isn't always the case. I mean, a brother of a former friend of mine died when he was only 19. And I've read obituaries in the local of my peers. For instance, so and so died at age 23. So no, one doesn't always have plenty of time at 16 to see what lies ahead in the future.

This is nothing personal against you, I just needed to vent about that, as it's something that greatly peeves me off.

"It is an infantile superstition of the human spirit that virginity would be thought a virtue and not the barrier that separates ignorance from knowledge."

Well, as they say, ignorance is bliss.

No, really, I don't appreciate the impliction that I'm "ignorant" because other people can't deal with my sexual choices, so that quote can go away and kill cake elsewhere.

[And yeah, telling people they're too young to have an opinion on whether they want to have sex one day or not is usually pretty fail. Strangely enough, people generally don't get told that when they say they do want to have sex (with a person of the "opposite" sex) one day.]

I think I'll do it just once with a professional sometime in the future, just for the experience.

I think I'll do it just once with a professional sometime in the future, just for the experience.

You think sex is a big deal and that you'll learn something? I think you'll not gather much experience if you just do it once. I suggest you not to do it without having a strong reason, because you'll probably gonna regret it, but it's your choice.

Well, as they say, ignorance is bliss.

No, really, I don't appreciate the impliction that I'm "ignorant" because other people can't deal with my sexual choices, so that quote can go away and kill cake elsewhere.

[And yeah, telling people they're too young to have an opinion on whether they want to have sex one day or not is usually pretty fail. Strangely enough, people generally don't get told that when they say they do want to have sex (with a person of the "opposite" sex) one day.]

They think they are smart

I'm a virgin and will never have sex. I am not the least bit curious or interested in experiencing sex. I don't want children, whether adopted or biological ( especially biological, pregnancy isn't appealing to me ), so sex will never be something I'll do for reproductive purposes. I wouldn't have sex with somebody I was in love with either. lol Loving someone still won't make me want to engage in an activity that I am adamant about not involving myself in especially with risks that would make it even more undesirable, such as STDs and pregnancy.

The Bearded One

What about technical virgins? I'm not quite a technical virgin, but close. My most erotic memories include holding hands, hugging, kissing, snuggling, dancing, rollerskating, brushing her hair, dressing her up, watching her sleep, talking dirty, looking at her, carrying her on my shoulders or hip, tickling, wrestling, back rubs, sleeping together (not a euphemism), and a number of other activities that are difficult to describe or are TMI. None of these things affect a person's status as a virgin. Why does it matter unless you are trying to become a parent? It seems to me that a lot of people are missing most of sex because they have a kink about copulation.

Pink Fluffy Dragon

I don't like any of the 4 options.

option PFD: I'm a virgin. I have no plans to keep or lose my virginity.

If I find someone I'm comfortable with and we have sex, great. If I never have sex, great. Either way it's not something I'm gonna worry about.

The Great WTF

So, who regrets having sex?

Not me. I was curious and I acted on my curiosity. It wasn't an earth-shattering experience, but it's not something I regret, either.

Notte stellata

I lost my virginity at almost 27. Losing it or not wasn't important to me, but I had always assumed I'd have sex once being in a relationship (I didn't know about asexuality back then), and I did have a curiosity about sex.

Kitty Spoon Train

20. For me it was a bit of a non-issue, being demisexual and losing it to someone I loved and knew for 1.5 years by the time we got around to it.

But yeah, I can see virginity being a huge issue even for demisexuals, if they never happen to come across a patient partner - or someone who is naturally a bit slow sexually for whatever reason.

eg. I did have some chances to "hook up" with "easy girls" in high school, but I always freaked at the thought and didn't take the offers. Since learning about being demi, it makes sense why. I have no idea how I didn't realise at the time that this is a weird gut reaction to the offer of casual sex, for an otherwise physiological-libido-wise normal horny teenage dude. :P

AceOfAwesome

I don't like any of the 4 options.

option PFD: I'm a virgin. I have no plans to keep or lose my virginity.

If I find someone I'm comfortable with and we have sex, great. If I never have sex, great. Either way it's not something I'm gonna worry about.

This.

If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

I´m 28, I´ve never had any kind of sex and I don´t want to have sex with anyone else except the only man I´ve ever been sexually attracted to, but I don´t believe he could be interested in me that way and I don´t even know if I´ll ever meet him face-to-face again. If I somehow managed to convince him to have sex with me, it would be just one-night stand.

But I think it would be better than long-term relationship because I would be lame and very bad in sex, but he could forget about this ridiculous sex and forget about me completely.

Long-term relationship is something different. Everyone expects sex will get better, shy girl will stop to be ashamed and similar sh*t... I know I never will. My boundaries are done. I´m repulsed by almost every kind of sex and I don´t want to live under pressure that I have to push my boundaries untile there are none. :wacko:

So it might sound weird but I could never have sex with a long-term partner. I don´t even try to date sexuals because of it. They wouldn´t want to date a 28 years old virgin anyway (very religious people would but I´m atheist and I don´t want a religious partner) , so this ignorance is from both sides.

I could just write it shortly :lol: - I´ll stay a virgin until I die.

Erm... (trigger?)

What if I lost my virginity against my will?

Does that count? I was sexual for a while after that, realizing I was Asexual in my late 20's... Non-repulsed Ace.

Archived