Asexy51

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a virgin?

• I'm a virgin and planning to stay this way
    • I'm a virgin, but I want to have sex in the future
    • I'm not a virgin
    • I'm not a virgin, but I regret it

penguin_illusion

As everyone else has said, there's nothing to be ashamed of. I mean, whats the point of having sex for the sake of just having sex? To be accepted by your peers? Then you're having sex for other people, not yourself. That doesn't sound very fun :P

I'll admit that it is far more difficult for man to be a virgin or an asexual in our sexual culture then it is for a woman. But I think it's part of the process of being comfortable with yourself. Do what's right for you :)

MarieAntoinette

I'm a virgin too and I plan on remaining one. I have no desire to have sex ever for any reason, even if I do get in a relationship. It's just not something that appeals to me. There's nothing to be ashamed of, although I'll admit I can be self-conscious about it with other people my age. I'm in college and being a virgin here is something that is viewed as rather strange...But, I'm happy with the way I am, so I ignore rude or unwanted opinions. But don't worry, you're not alone :)

WhenSummersGone

I've never really understood the virginity thing... I mean, I lost my virginity when I was a preteen (or possibly 13, memories of my childhood are a little blurred and messed up)

So I'm not a virgin, and I don't really give a damn. Virgin or not, I fail to see what the difference is (obvious than the obvious), I'd probably be more pissed if I was still a virgin actually, this whole "I wish I was still virgin" mentality just really confuses me

I think because I thought I was Heterosexual, and also had no respect for myself at 17, that I wish I was a virgin again. I regret pretty much all the sex I had. Now that I know about Asexuality, and care more about myself, it's sad to think I'll never be a virgin again. It's still something I'm trying to accept but it's difficult.

I am a virgin, and ambivalent about it... Doesn't really factor into my life much. I am not planning to get laid or even date in the future either, but that might just also be because I don't think it is all worth the effort.

A thread titled "Virgin" has been moved from Asexual Q&A and merged into this one.

SidingwiththeAngels

For me, there's a part of me that wants to know what it's like simply because it seems to be something that is super amazing to people around me. But when I begin to imagine myself in a situation where sex will happen - should it be with another woman or with a man - I get disgusted with myself and have to stop thinking about it. I don't think sex itself is disgusting because it is a 'pillar of life' along with food and shelter but it's not a pillar of life that I am going to partake in, I don't think.

I've been a virgin 51 years now and I cannot imagine a scenario where that would change (and I have a pretty vivid imagination!).

I'm fairly young myself, but I still plan on never having intercourse, even to have my own blood children.

Being a virgin is related to my spiritual beliefs, but it is also related to my asexuality also.

What are your spiritual beliefs, If I may ask?

Uh, I was hoping no one would ask that, but I kind of have my own unique belief system... :redface:

You can tell me, nobody knows who you are anyway.

I have my own unique belief system. I am spiritual, not religious.

At my "church", we worship and respect all teachings; not just one.

Hmm, is similar yet opposite to my system... We believe all gods exist, but, don't necessarily worship them. We have our belief system that more or less cherry picks the things we like out of other religions, and toss the stuff we don't like. The rules can more or less be boiled down to "Don't be a jerk", all the rest is just errata.

21, a virgin and for the time being very much happy to stay that way... I'm not totally ruling it out in the future if the right person/situation arose... but I'm neither keen nor curious, so not about to make an effort :p

I'm 18 and still a virgin. I'm don't plan on loosing my virginity any time soon, mostly because I've never been in an relationship and my religious beliefs dictate sex only after marriage. But I'm seriously worried about what might happen if I ever get married....

Yeah, almost 31 and still a virgin. I don't think that will ever change. Sex is just... 'ewww'. There is nothing missing from my life, except maybe some companionship, but I get that from the occasional meeting with my best friend (and the much coveted hugs, too). This thread makes me incredibly happy, too. Finally my kind of people *hugs you all* :wub:

1 but maybe 2....more 1 though. I'm not a fan of the v word...I find it is a religious term and I am not religious.

hahahahaha sex? NOPE. The second I knew what sex really was I ruled it out of my existance.

I'm 28 and still a virgin. Every time a girl has offered to have sex with me I've said no...I just wasn't interested. I didn't understand it then but after a lot of reading here I believe I am demisexual. I would like to have sex eventually, at least to see what it's like, but not unless it's with someone I have a deep connection to. Otherwise I'm just not interested.

21 and a virgin. I'd be interested to lose it in the right situation with the right person, but otherwise I have no interest.

31, never even kissed.

exactly me too, and starting to not hate that about me smile.gif

Ha! I had forgotten I was ambushed into my first truly sexual kiss when I was 29... flew into Prudhoe Bay, Alaska to work as a field assistant many years ago and one of the "professionals" who did business with the oil guys decided she liked me. I was still holding my bags when she flew across the room, flung her arms around me and planted a very alcohol-reeking kiss on my mouth. It was totally revolting, and one of the first times I realized how immune I was to any sort of sexual attention. My co-workers thought it was hilarious, of course, and retold the story all summer.

Having ever had sex (in the conventional, "all-the-way" sense) is my only regret in life. I suffered from major depression for 1.5 years afterward, and even now I sometimes have an uncomfortable feeling of loss when I remember that I am no longer a virgin. The feeling didn't go away with a year of abstinence (although the depression mercifully did).

It definitely was an experience that changed me, but not in a way sexual people understand. If I could go back, I would remain a virgin forever. As it is, it doesn't matter if I have sex or not--no amount of abstinence will make me a virgin again.

I have zero curiosity so I'm never going to have sex. Just like sexual people can't understand why I wouldn't want to have sex, I don't understand why they would. Sex is such a foreign concept to me, as is any other form of intimate physical contact. I mean really, who came up with the idea to moosh face holes together with someone else to exchange saliva? So weird.

I personally wouldn't mind staying a virgin for the rest of my life.

I have zero curiosity so I'm never going to have sex. Just like sexual people can't understand why I wouldn't want to have sex, I don't understand why they would. Sex is such a foreign concept to me, as is any other form of intimate physical contact. I mean really, who came up with the idea to moosh face holes together with someone else to exchange saliva? So weird.

These are exactly my words. I was starting to think I was the only one who felt like this, especially the bolded part about kissing. xD It just makes absolutely no sense when one thinks about it. It's like all those strange mating habits in animals. Humans are the weirdest animals.

Archived