Introducing your new overlord and master

The Great WTF

The Great WTF

Greetings, ladies, gents, and all in between. I am The Great WTF, the exasperated babysitter moderator of Asexual Relationships (and Off-A). Be afraid. Be very afraid. *insert failure at evil laugh here*

So... what's useful to know about me? I'm a writing major with a not-so-minor obsession with books. My apartment is a cluttered mess of bookshelves, boxes of books, stray books, randomly inserted manga and several boxes of comic books. I share my house with my partner of three years, Gin, a self-proclaimed depraved pansexual who is amazingly supportive of my asexuality, three cats, and the mutated cheeseburger that has lived in my closet since I was five.

Other things?

• I will be participating in NaNoWriMo this year, against my better judgement, and am starting a Skype group for general NaNo discussion. PM if you care to join the fun.
  • I'm a nerd, particularly of the comic book and old-school anime variety.
  • I'm a gamer girl. I favor RPGs (Final Fantasy VII is my first love), but you'll catch me on Halo quite a bit if my partner bugs me enough.
  • I'm an aromantic asexual, fairly genderless (female bodied), and constantly wondering how I ended up in a relationship with my partner when he's roughly my polar opposite (pansexual, questionably romantic, definitely male.)
  • I'm very sex-positive. That does not by any means imply that I think everyone should have sex, but it does mean I have a bad temper when it comes to antisexuality and being judgmental about another person's sex life.
  • I'm also a big supporter of asexual/sexual mixed relationships and run a blog (The A/Sexy Tango) dedicated to it that is updated whenever I find pertinent information to discuss.
  • Yes, I like cake and Doctor Who. No, I do not want to talk about them. I will not like Sherlock until Steven Moffat is well away from the series.
  • I am very jaded towards mainstream romance. I don't believe in concepts like The One and True Love and tend to sneer at them when in a bad mood. Don't take it personally.
  • Did I mention the writing thing? I'm obsessed with writing. I can't go more than a day or two without writing something fictional or I will be reduced to a growling ball of grumpy and/or a manic depressive basket case.
  • I can and will babble about my stories if given the chance, but I try not to.

Did I forget anything? Probably. I'm always open to PMs if anyone needs help, advice, or just someone to talk to. I promise I don't bite much.

CONGRATS AND OTHER THINGS IN CAPS LOCK FONT!!!1!!

Here's a bunny with a celebratory cake:

bunnycake.jpg

Notte stellata

Very interesting self-introduction, and I particularly like the sex-positive and "jaded towards mainstream romance" part. :D

Beer Monster

Matt Smith or David Tennant?

matt-smith.jpg

David-Tennant-Fanpop.com_.jpg

Grace Barton

Wow, this is the first post I read in this forum. That is a most awesome introduction!

That's all I wanted to say, really.

*bows to the overlord*

• 2 weeks later...
The Great WTF

Awwwe, that link says the blog does not exist.

Oops. I relocated the blog to wordpress a few months ago, but my muscle memory still types in blogspot. It's fixed now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Welcome! Love Dr. Who. A few years ago my local PBS aired all Dr. Whom episodes from the beginning of time. Ever have a chance to see Tom Baker as the Doctor? He was amazing, though Matt Smith is ok too. Cheers! :cake::rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

*bows to the overlord*

Ur doin it rite

This calls for :cake: and more :cake:

*agrees*

Lolcat_2_WTF_FTW_by_The5thFiend.jpg

The Great WTF

Kelly, I love you. I was having the day from Hell at work and I happened to pop online on my break and saw that kitten. You made my night. I think I can face my last two hours now.

• 1 month later...

I love your humorous introduction. It's nice to have found another comic/manga/anime fan and gamer so soon after arriving here. I apologize if this has been asked before. What does NaNoWriMo mean?

Kudos to you. Ten fingers up (two thumbs just aren't enough).

The Great WTF
I love your humorous introduction. It's nice to have found another comic/manga/anime fan and gamer so soon after arriving here. I apologize if this has been asked before. What does NaNoWriMo mean?

Kudos to you. Ten fingers up (two thumbs just aren't enough).

NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. Being the nerdy author creature I am, I love to make a big deal about it.

• 1 year later...
yeahoriginal

Greetings overlord! Your introduction makes me really want to be your friend. If you need an innocent-beyond-all-innocence ADHD gal to eat cake with, lemme know! :D

• 2 weeks later...
littlepersonparadox

I have been wanting to do national writing month for awhile. Maybe I should develop a story I have been thinking about next time it rolls around. I never hear about before its going on untill its too late. I humbly bow to you and your awesome comic book ways.

• 1 year later...
whocaresthough

I am totally accepting of an overlord such as you.

• 2 months later...
Morning Glory

"New Overlord and Master"?!?! Would you happen to be affiliate with Foamy the Squirrel, by any chance? For he is my Overlord and Master. [warning to anyone who doesn't know Foamy and is curious enough to seek him out: his videos are often vulgar and... sometimes very sexual. But many are funny and insightful. Just don't like think lightly of my warning though!] if I can have more then one Overlord and Master then I shall also bow to your greatness and offer thy cake.

I also love to read, write, collect books and to game, but I have a feeling it's not as passionate as your love. I'd still like to nerd out with you though! I look forward to your ruling!

• 8 months later...

i may accept you as the ruler and overlord of the *insert your modship topics* but i am my own ruler and overlord and you can take that from me and so help you if you try :P

but other then that you sound like a very fun person to talk to not on aven much but if you ever want to just talk about anything and i mean anything from particle physics to music theory to gaming.hit me up.

• 2 weeks later...

The Great WTF has stepped down as a moderator so i have gone ahead and unpinned/locked this topic

Jayce

Asexual Relationships moderator

(im on mobile so pretend my sig is green)

Archived