Announcing the conference...

Ok. Me and my mother will hopefully be in attendance. Just two of us.

Yeeeep. I'm so cool, I'm bringing a parent.

Quite tempted to come up for the whole weekend now; don't really fancy overnighting in some backpacker hostel in London though, anyone up there got some floor space they don't mind me using... :)

I've got space if you just need the Saturday night and will be going to the event in the morning. I won't be around until the afternoon on the Saturday though so will have to find the crowd.

Where in the threads are the times people are meeting on the Saturday? I won't get to the parade until about 3 when I guess it'll still be going on.

out_of_step

Definitely don't want to miss this! Does anyone know what time it will finish? I'd like to book train tickets sooner rather than later so that I can get them cheaper...

Definitely don't want to miss this! Does anyone know what time it will finish? I'd like to book train tickets sooner rather than later so that I can get them cheaper...

I am so glad you can make it! At present we are looking at a finishing time of roughly 7pm, though you could slip away a little earlier if necessary. Not too much earlier though or else you'd miss the screening!

Face, thanks for making that offer! Malory - does that help?

On the day of the march, we will meet near Baker St. station at around 11am or so. After the march we will probably go for a meal. We usually play this by ear though rather than booking anywhere in advance.

PLEASE have videos, recordings, or something of the like available afterward for those of us who can't make it!!

ExileVilify

I've sent an email aswell I think (haven't had a reply yet), but I'm interested in this conference. I'm also happy to help out if you need volunteers for stewarding or something.

Again, most likely that I am coming for the Worldpride and conference! :) The chance is 75% until now... I will know exactly by 19th of June. I really want to come, really really!

Yep, I am coming!

And it is my birthday! But please do not tell everybody and do not ask my age, if you do not ask my age I promise I will never ask yours! XD

So I emailed yesterday expressing my interest in my friend and I attending...

But I haven't had a reply yet.

Is there still space left? Am I being paranoid? XD

There are still places available! I'll check the email now to see if there are any we missed. :)

Guest member31022

There are still places available! I'll check the email now to see if there are any we missed. :)

I haven't had a reply either :S

AM I ON THERE MICHAEL?!

Also, I have a terrible habit of getting lost in places I don't know. Is the Sand Banks Uni the one that is a 15 min walk from Waterloo Train station?

AM I ON THERE MICHAEL?!

Also, I have a terrible habit of getting lost in places I don't know. Is the Sand Banks Uni the one that is a 15 min walk from Waterloo Train station?

I think it's more usually referred to as South Bank University rather than Sand Banks :) But, yes, that's the one.

Oops. Cheers :P Sand banks is a village in Bournemouth close to where I live.

Yep. I live about a 2 hr car drive away but I've only been to London three times. The first two times I vaguely remember (I was 5 and 6), the second time was for some entrance exams. I quickly decided that crossing the roads are extremely dangerous and haven't been back since.

I checked through the email carefully and everyone should now have a reply either by email or by skype. Let me know if you sent an email and haven't heard anything yet. Apologies to anyone who was left hanging.

I want to come to this, possibly with my gf, but I will be out the previous night dancing and drinking so may turn up late and with a hangover, will this be a problem? Do we need to get there for the start time or can we wander in later?

Trava u doma

I CAN GO!! I can go, I can go, I can go!!! ^_^ I soo hope there are still places left!!!

I would be desperately in need of a place to sleep, though.

I think I emailed you a few days back and didn't get a response. I know you had me down as a maybe, but I wanted to confirm that I'll be over for the march and want to go to this conference.

Hey, I have a really important question- is there an age restriction?

We are looking into this. Participants usually need to be 18, but it may be possible to waive this with parental consent. We'll let you know as soon as the uni gets back to us.

I think I emailed you a few days back and didn't get a response. I know you had me down as a maybe, but I wanted to confirm that I'll be over for the march and want to go to this conference.

You should have a reply.

steph scott

Hi if available I would like one place for myself.

Still fairly new to asexuality but with much hindsight I should have realised it a long time ago!

Thanks

I CAN GO!! I can go, I can go, I can go!!! ^_^ I soo hope there are still places left!!!

*BOUNCES*

I'm not the one keeping records of whose coming and confirming people but yay! Will be good to see you in person after all the help!

Trava u doma

*BOUNCES*

I'm not the one keeping records of whose coming and confirming people but yay! Will be good to see you in person after all the help!

Thank you! =)

There are many people I'm sooo curious to see in person, and you are one of them ^_^

Any news on the exact timetable for this? It seems like a long day so if us lazy Sunday morning people don't quite make it for 9:30 will we be missing the best bits?

Any news on the exact timetable for this? It seems like a long day so if us lazy Sunday morning people don't quite make it for 9:30 will we be missing the best bits?

I hope to announce officially on Monday, but a tentative schedule is as follows.

9:30-10:00 Reception

10:00-10:05 Opening

10:05-10:50 Talk (Nat Titman)

11:00-12:00 Panel discussion (visibiltiy and activism)

12:00-13:00 Lunch

13:00-14:00 Panel discussion (the international asexual community)

14:15-15:00 Talk (DJ talk)

15:15-16:00 Workshop 5 (Research)

16:00-16:45 Tea

16:45-18:00 (A)sexual movie screening

18:00-19:00 Discussion

As places are limited we would prefer that people came to the whole conference instead of parts. However we are certainly not going to stop people coming in a bit late if that's how it works out!

Smaug will be attending the conference on Sunday & looks forward to meeting everyone :)

Mr_Charles

Ilaerandir and I will both be there; I've emailed WorldPride to let them know. :) Only a week to go now!

SisterJanet

Are there still places left? I'm interested in coming along if there's still room for more people. I live in London already so getting there isn't a problem.

Member4445

I've PM'd michael already but am posting this here too in case anyone else can answer :P

My train is being booked for 16.54, I hope that's ok.

Also, my train gets in at 8.47 so if anyone's around that would be awesome.

Member4445

TRAIN BOOKED!

ARRIVING AT LONDON WATERLOO STATION AT 8.47

(if someone can meet me there that'll be awesome.)

TRAIN LEAVING AT 16.54

(Sorry for any inconvenience there but I really wanted to come and I wont be getting any sleep, the worst thing that could happen is for me to fall asleep on a train and miss my stop. I booked it so I leave during tea time to avoid disruptions to the conference, I don't expect anybody to see me off at the station.)