How Quickly Do You Notice People Physically?

biggreenmonkey

Everyone looks the same! It's all a blur!

I think it's a cultural reference point. If all you are used to is seeing caucasion faces then they're the ones you remember (well not me but hey! some people I'm sure do). Like if all you ever saw was green squares which were slightly different then you'd see subtle differences in them as time went by.

Seriously I can remember people on AVEN by their avatars. The problem is people change them...Still easier than faces :D

The Evil Cashew
I find when I meet people, I really don't notice much about them. I could probably pick them out in a crowd, but I couldn't describe them in great detail. And the odd thing is, I usually never do notice them in great detail, even months later.

yup! thats me! but unlesss i have met hte person often. i can't pick them otu of a crowd.

i it takes me forever for me to notice things. even obvious things like whem my friend died her hair.

~Cashew

virginangelic

i can't really differentiate between caucasian people...however, once i meet them for a long time...then i can recognise them...

but i have a harder problem(?). i can't differentiate between biologically male or female...somehow when everyone wears tees and jeans etc, they all seem to be of the same biological gender!!! :oops:

but i have a harder problem(?). i can't differentiate between biologically male or female...somehow when everyone wears tees and jeans etc, they all seem to be of the same biological gender!!! :oops:

thats weird!! :shock:

I've always had problems telling people apart - people I meet once, people in movies, sometimes my friends... either gender. I might see slight differences, such as color/size of hair, glasses, etc. But sometimes I don't even notice if they ratically change a part of their physical appearance. And if I do notice, I feel bad because I don't know how long its been changed, and don't mention anything.

I also have a bad memory, so I forget people's names too :roll:

Lets just say it usually doesn't turn out happy, and I tend to look like a jerk. :lol:

Cate Perfect

I was going to say everyone looks alike to me until I get to know them, but recently I realised I do find one particular type of person attractive--or I at least notice them right away. It's blonde women between 35 and 70 who are...I suppose the word would be 'regal' looking. They're nearly always between 5'6" and 5'9" and trim and dress well. Personality wise they're soft-spoken and intelligent (or if it's an actress then she plays characters who are soft-spoken and intelligent). I always notice those women immediately.

Cate

I always notice people's physical appearance. People I pass in the halls at school a few times I will recognize, and I always end up picking faces out of a crowd when I'm in a mall or other public place. Usually I will decide whether someone is physically attractive or not within the first few minutes - sometimes seconds - of seeing them, and that usually remains my opinion for as long as I know them. Remembering faces is fine - it's remembering their names and where I saw them that's the hard part!

As for telling apart Asian people, I can differentiate the scattered Asians in my school. I have a Chinese friend who looks very different from some Oriental friends of my boyfriend, and I don't mix up all the Japanese girls in my classes. I don't know how I'd fare if dropped on a busy street in Tokyo, but for a mostly-Caucasian society I'm doing fine.

Although I don't have trouble distinguishing people from each other I tend to find men's faces unremarkable and forget most of them which can lead to some confusing incidents. Women, on the other hand, I notice all the time, I can also quite easily say if a woman is beautiful but not a man. So although I'm not sexually attracted to either gender I definately have more appreciation for the physical qualities of women.

nerdlover82

I have noticed in this thread a lot of people notice noses on people. I usually don't pay much attention to people's bodies, but what attracts me to them is their face. Guys who I find attractive almost always have "big" nose. I actually get teased a lot by my friends and family who know this about me. Apparently I only find guys with unusually large schnozzes cute. I don't really do it on purpose. I'll see a guy, even from a distance and think, wow, he's pretty hot. Then after this I notice his nose is big and think, dang, I did it again. Does anyone else find themselves attracted to big noses?

I think I am kind of picky about the big noses I like too...I don't do the bulbous sort. I like noses that are thin and the bridges are set pretty high, so the pitch is shallow. "Rise over run"-wise, I guess I like the run to exceed the rise. My family thinks I only like Jewish guys; apparently this look is common with them. I do often find out that guys I like turn out to be Jewish, but this I also don't do on purpose.

This sounds weird, I know, but is this common for anyone else out there? As far as I can find, I'm alone in this. I've never thought of myself as asexual, actually I just found this site today, but what you all are saying sounds familar to me. I'm 22 and a virgin and when I am attracted to someone I don't find myself imagining having sex with them like most people seem to. Most of my 'sexual' fantasies involve me and the object of my desire with our clothes on and rarely get beyond cuddling. So I am glad to see I am not alone and look forward to being on the boards.

Thanks everyone,

Mary

PeterMacKenzie

Noses are pretty important to me also - they really affect how I percieve the rest of a person's face. I go for females with noses that are 'larger than average' i.e. not huge, but not tiny either, and have a strong preference for straight and narrow, with it being maybe 1.5 - 2 * longer vertically than horizontally (tip to septum). The numbers may not be accurate though - they're just rough estamates. (Feels picky. Remembers that he scored in the top 1% of a 'pickiness' test)

nerdlover82

That is interesting you have pin pointed the nuances of your fixation on noses too. You know, I have never been able to come across a site for women that love men with big noses, but I know of a site for men who love women with big noses. I think it's called pinnochia.com. Apparently large nosed women have quite a following. Interesting considering tradional ideals of feminine beauty include a usually small nose...just shows beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Mary

PeterMacKenzie

http://www.pinocchia.com/gallerypics/photos/aj258.jpg

Gah! I didn't mean like that! :shock:

I was thinking of something more like this:

http://www2.filmweb.no/multimedia/archive/...illa_31147a.jpg

Maybe it's got something to do with me liking 'strong' women (not hairy man-eating bodybuilder lesbians though), and I associate small noses with women who're 'delicate'. Not that they are, necessarily, but try telling that to my brain...