Travel Companions?

Vorpal Bunny

Vorpal Bunny

Searching for: Companions willing to wander tourist like areas. Am partial to the cube variety, hedgehogs in sweaters, or persons comfortable in a police box.

As I'm pretty sure I cannot be the only one who's going to be travelling alone in London (or close to it), and I'm not particularly fond of being by myself (besides, it's more fun to have a companion, right?). I realize that many people have probably made plans with others already, but if not...

This is for anyone looking for other people to travel with, or would be willing to parade guide visitors around the area. If you wouldn't mind posting here so that we can see about getting people matched up?

I don't even know if I'm making sense.

**Calls DIBS on Sori**

:lol:

; _ ; WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT TRAVELLING ALONE IN LONDON WHAT ABOUT ME.

*pouts and curls up into a sad fluffball*

Vorpal Bunny

But but but... no one has any travel plans yet. And Sori wants to be overly touristy... and didn't know if anyone else wanted to be as well...

(Also, there might be other people who need to find others to travel with...)

*curls beside Fae in a mopey ball*

¡Hola! Sad to say I'm not very touristy (overly touristy things make me cranky, ha! 8)) , but I'll also be traveling alone for a while, since I get to London on June 25th. It would be great to find some people to do stuff with at night especially, since I never know what to do then when I'm by myself. I'd be happy to meet up with you!

Erm, I'm not very much of the night-to-go-out person, recently. Don't know about you guys :unsure:

But Sori, seriously, do you think we'd let you go anywhere alone? -_- Never gonna happen -_- Same for Fae -_-

Trava u doma

But, travelling alone has some advantages, too =) I was in London alone yesterday and I spent the evening with an awfully nice woman from Germany and today talked with some scottish guy, who even gave me a little cross at the end ^_^ And it's really interesting meeting different people :)

Erm, I'm not very much of the night-to-go-out person, recently. Don't know about you guys :unsure:

I like to eat cake by night. :D Seriously though, I'm not someone who tends to go wild & crazy, or at least, not often. ;)

I'll be travelling down all by my lonesome and I'd definitely be happy to meet up with people and have a wander around some touristy areas. :D Also, if the 'hedgehogs in sweaters' is a reference to a certain Dr. Watson then, of course, there's the Sherlock Holmes Museum that I've been dying to go to. :)

I’m still in debate as whether or not to go! I think I may try and drag a friend for along company and just enjoy the day and maybe catch up with a few aces along the way as it would be a shame to go and not meet anyone

Is there a certain place where you are all gathering?

Matt :)

Vorpal Bunny

I'll be travelling down all by my lonesome and I'd definitely be happy to meet up with people and have a wander around some touristy areas. :D Also, if the 'hedgehogs in sweaters' is a reference to a certain Dr. Watson then, of course, there's the Sherlock Holmes Museum that I've been dying to go to. :)

Pancakes. Otters. Silver foxes. Jam. Kittens. Rage. Mermaids. Dinosaurs. Cake. Milk.

COME WITH ME TO THE SHERLOCK HOLMES MUSEUM?

I’m still in debate as whether or not to go! I think I may try and drag a friend for along company and just enjoy the day and maybe catch up with a few aces along the way as it would be a shame to go and not meet anyone

Is there a certain place where you are all gathering?

Matt :)

Many of us are going to the parade, and possibly marching in it. There's also going to be a conference the day after that MichaelD is being so kind as to arrange for us. You should take a look at it and see if you have any interest in attending.

Yeah, I could certainly drag someone around london. I've been there enough times.

v0ltswitch

People from around Bristol area, I shall meet you on the train and fall asleep on you.

Electric Barbarella

I'm pretty sure if I go I'll be alone as well, and although I might not be as big a fan of Sherlock as some people here seem to be, I'd like to visit the museum too. :3 I'm also fond of Doctor Who, though I have been neglecting the series quite badly lately, so, I guess those are my credentials...?(If it helps, I'm a geek of the anime/cosplay/fanfiction variety. That might count for something, right? Right?) XD

I've never been to London, so I'd appreciate some company to just walk around and get to know the city a bit too! ^_^

Pancakes. Otters. Silver foxes. Jam. Kittens. Rage. Mermaids. Dinosaurs. Cake. Milk.

COME WITH ME TO THE SHERLOCK HOLMES MUSEUM?

YES. I will bring cake and find a Mycroft to annoy. >:D

I'm pretty sure if I go I'll be alone as well, and although I might not be as big a fan of Sherlock as some people here seem to be, I'd like to visit the museum too. :3 I'm also fond of Doctor Who, though I have been neglecting the series quite badly lately, so, I guess those are my credentials...?(If it helps, I'm a geek of the anime/cosplay/fanfiction variety. That might count for something, right? Right?) XD

I've never been to London, so I'd appreciate some company to just walk around and get to know the city a bit too! ^_^

I'm also a general geek of the anime/cosplay/fanfiction variety. :) I'd be happy to have a wander around with you! ^^

Electric Barbarella

I'm also a general geek of the anime/cosplay/fanfiction variety. :) I'd be happy to have a wander around with you! ^^

Awesomeness!! :D This trip is sounding more appealing by the hour! Weee~

We should plan a good date for everyone then, right? Have you guys already booked your flights and stuff? 'Cause I haven't, so I might be able to plan around that - taking what is best for everyone into consideration. :3

We should plan a good date for everyone then, right? Have you guys already booked your flights and stuff? 'Cause I haven't, so I might be able to plan around that - taking what is best for everyone into consideration. :3

**books some time of the italian fellow**

Hey there! You wouldn't think I'd allow an italian fellow to go around alone, would ya? :P

I booked my flights, I will be in UK on June 22nd and fly back on July 11th ^_^

Electric Barbarella

**books some time of the italian fellow**

Hey there! You wouldn't think I'd allow an italian fellow to go around alone, would ya? :P

I booked my flights, I will be in UK on June 22nd and fly back on July 11th ^_^

Double yay! ^_^ I'm looking forward to expending some time with you, guys!

I checked prices for flights and found that Ryanair is quite inexpensive if I'm willing to not sleep, hahaha. The flights take off way too early, but the prices are quite okay. If I find accommodation, soon I can book everything.

Dr. Horrible, are you staying in hostels during your trip? What do you recommend? :)

I checked prices for flights and found that Ryanair is quite inexpensive if I'm willing to not sleep, hahaha. The flights take off way too early, but the prices are quite okay. If I find accommodation, soon I can book everything.

Dr. Horrible, are you staying in hostels during your trip? What do you recommend? :)

I'm flying with Monarch because it has better prices for luggage, but if you only have hand-baggage Ryanair is best!

I'm not staying in hostels, I have friends' accomodations ^_^ :wub:

But if you send a PM to michaeld, he can help you with that, I think he has a list or something!

Electric Barbarella

I'm flying with Monarch because it has better prices for luggage, but if you only have hand-baggage Ryanair is best!

I'm not staying in hostels, I have friends' accomodations ^_^ :wub:

But if you send a PM to michaeld, he can help you with that, I think he has a list or something!

Oh, I wasn't aware of this other flight company, I'll check it out too. Not sure I wanna take a lot of luggage, but the limit to hand-baggage only is always a bit of a problem, indeed.

You lucky you! :3 I wish I had friends living in London too, haha. I'll get in touch with Michael about this list, then. A friend of mine recommend one hostel she stayed in, but I check and they won't have available beds for all of the days I plan to be there, beh. Anyways, I'll keep trying! :)

Hi all! :)

I just checked and it appears prices for flights to London are student-proof. Seeing Londen for the first time and meeting some asexuals from all over the place, seems like a nice trip to me. :) I would probably be the only one joining from the Netherlands, so I would love to meet up with some of you and check out/terrorize/parade around London, for the time I'm there but not at the parade or conference.

But first let me see if I can rent a bed somewhere! :P

:excl:GUYZ! GUYZ! THIS IS AN EXCELLENT IDEA!!! :excl:

I'm coming to London from a far-far away & unfortunately have to leave before the parade (damn job :angry: )

- so I'll be around from June 23rd 'till July 1st.

I'd love to meet Ace-ppl & do dorky touristy things together :P

I'm contemplating London's Eye - though it's quite expensive <_<

& London Walks about Jack the Ripper

& Stonehenge ;)

& some other embarrassing but awesome stuff! :P

Let's share ideas & try to coordinate a bit?

:cake::cake::cake:

So, I'd like to make a list in this post which I will edit, with the dates of arriving to London and departure of everyone, so the people who have matching dates can contact each other via PM as well!!!

I'll get to Birmingham on June 22nd and I will mostly be going around other parts of UK (Coventry, Birmingham, other parts I don't know yet..) till June 30th. On July 1st I'll be at the meet up in Birmingham and then to London till July 11th.

Please post here or even just send me a PM to tell me the dates you want to announce!!!

So:

Dr Horrible/ithaca

• arrival: June 22nd but not in London (Birmingham)
  • in London: from July 2nd for sure
  • confirmed events/interests: Birmingham meet up, WorldPride march and Conference
  • leaving on: July 11th

Vorpal Bunny/Sori

• arrival: June 30th
  • confirmed events/interests: Birmingham meet up, WorldPride march and Conference
  • leaving on: July 13th

Faelights

• arrival: June 28th
  • leaving on: July 10th

Ily

• arrival: June 25th
  • confirmed events/interests: WorldPride march, veg restaraunts, charity shops/thrift shops, Highgate Cemetery, night-life
  • leaving on: July 10th

Amara Rose

• arrival:?
  • confirmed events/interests: WorldPride march, Sherlock Holmes Museum
    leaving on: ?

A. Belladonna

• arrival: July 6th
  • confirmed events/interests: WorldPride march and conference, Sherlock Holmes Museum, London's Eye, the Walks (especially the one about Jack the Ripper), night-life, bike tours

Fricai

• arrival: July 6th?
  • confirmed events/interests: WorldPride and Conference, tourist walks and night-life
  • leaving on: July 9th?

Hatzi

• arrival: June 23rd
  • confirmed events/interests: London's Eye and Walks about Jack the Ripper, Stonehenge
  • leaving on: July 1st

eamonn

• arrival: July 7th?
  • confirmed events/interests: WorldPride and Conference, something to do on July 9th

Carmilla DeWinter and Tankred

• arrival: July 4th
  • confirmed events/interests: WorldPride and Conference, Sherlock Holmes Museum, London Walk, night-life.
  • leaving on: July 9th

Trava u doma?

Hexagon?

v0ltswitch?

Edited by Dr Horrible
Electric Barbarella

*butts in*

...I want to go to the Sherlock Holmes Museum, the London Eye, the walks (especially the one about Jack the Ripper), and wouldn't mind enjoy the night life either. XD

So, basically, sign me up for everything...? (Almost everything, anyway.)

I also wanted to try and take a bike tour! Link 1 Link 2 Anyone interested in doing that? ^_^

Not sure yet, but if I come, it'll be arrive friday 6th, leave monday 9th. Would definitely attend march & conference. For the rest, eh, walking around checking stuff out sounds good to me. I will probably enjoy wherever I'm dragged to. :P Also at night (life :P)!

Not sure yet, but if I come, it'll be arrive friday 6th, leave monday 9th. Would definitely attend march & conference. For the rest, eh, walking around checking stuff out sounds good to me. I will probably enjoy wherever I'm dragged to. :P Also at night (life :P)!

I updated with question marks till you are more sure.

Remember when you know for sure to send an email to worldpride@asexuality.org to have a place at the conference, confirming you'll be at WorldPride too. :) In the email also write what is your username on AVEN ;)

I'll be at the Pride and the Conference, and it seems I'll be free on the 9th with nothing to do, so you can put me down. :) I'm leaving on the 11th, but I'll be busy on the 10th.

Carmilla DeWinter

So... if I may butt in - Tankred and I arrive on July 4th and leave on July 9th. We'll be at the march and the conference (at least I hope the e-mail went through).

As far as I know, we both are game for the Sherlock Holmes museum, a London Walk and some nightlife.