Do asexuals dream about having sex?

undefined in life

I've never had any dreams about sex, at least any I remember. Are sex dreams actually that common?

Well how about dreams where you die or someone you know dies or you get embarrassed in a dream by something or you are running away from something and so on. There are many kind of dreams and many of the dreams have common themes like death or fear or something sexual. I don't think it's so weird to have sex-dreams. It's just a dream. But not everyone dreams of sex - or they might dream about it at least once in their life, but who knows when. I haven't ever had a dream where I can fly, but I have still many many years ahead of me to possibly have that kind of dream.

I wouldn't put too much meaning into dreams. Sometimes it's enough to watch a movie to get images into a dream.

Yes, I do. I also dream about world domination, alien planets and eating strange food (like kitten pie - horrible, disgusting, yes but it did happen).

So, I don't really place any value in it. Our dreams are supposed to be our brains processing things from the day. Well, considering how much we are exposed to sexual situations, discussions and depictions in the western world (ads, movies, tv, and those around us) it's not really very surprising that they would enter our dreams.

Dreams are not always a glimpse of our secret desires. Like, do I really want to eat kitten pie? Hell no! Do I really want to snoodle with some guy. Ick no! World domination...eh, that might happen. ;)

I don't. Most of 'em are about video games though, and I don't really like video games that much, so there you go. Sex dreams are certainly possible, I guess.

I dream basically every time I go to sleep, though very rarely do I experience a sex dream.

I don't remember having any though my younger adolescence, though I do experience something akin to a sexy dream now, after actually having sex. It's more like, stimulation and usually nothing to do with other people, it just sort of happens in random situations.

I had a few rape dreams while with my ex, and after breaking up with him which were terrifying; but looking back at that relationship it's hardly suprising.

I don't think having sexual dreams are abnormal for an asexual, I mean humans are usually hardwired to produce offspring (Except for us on the Ace spectrum. We're hardwired for AWESOME!), and sex is part of the process. It's just our brains saying "Hey, I see you're trying to sleep, I'm going to be a confusing jerk now, ok?!"

scottimus prime

I probably dream almost every night, I just don't often remember the dreams when I wake up (if you reach REM sleep, you're probably dreaming of something, even if it's really boring). I have probably only had a "sex dream" twice in my lifetime, and neither one was exciting, interesting or stimulating. I wouldn't consider them fantasies because they were never with people I found to be particularly aesthetically attractive, and I don't think I was having fun in the dream. A sex dream isn't any more exciting to me than a dream about washing my car or going to the bank. I've never had a "wet dream" or woken up with an erection because of something I'd dreamt about. It was all terribly uninteresting.

sort-of, but not really... I'm sure I've had sex in my dreams before, but I've never actually seen/experienced that bit. Sometimes dreams would usually start out cuddling on the couch with someone, then skip scene to the next morning waking up next to the person and making breakfast... and honestly the best part of that dream is the scrambled eggs and fruit salad eh haha. Maybe my subconscious brain doesn't even know how to picture sex....

Actually yes...

I am really confused, because in the dream I act very into it even though it is so not me at all. But that has only happened like a handful of time in my life. Don't know what that means.

As a heterosexual, I did, but now I don't seem to.

Actually yes...

I am really confused, because in the dream I act very into it even though it is so not me at all. But that has only happened like a handful of time in my life. Don't know what that means.

I wouldn't worry about it. I've had dreams where I killed people, yet I've never once felt tempted to murder anyone. Dreams aren't supposed to be realistic.

I have had many enjoyable sex dreams, sometimes nights in a row. It's really interesting. Sometimes with musicians I look upto- sometimes with people I don't know. Always women.

I rarely remember my dreams, but I don't remember one having to do with sex. I may have had one maybe 20 years ago, but it's a very vague memory, and didn't stick in my long term memory that well.

trillingslied

I had a couple back in high school, but I distinctly remember waking up feeling disturbed more than anything else. Of course, one of those dreams seemed to have the premise that I had to have sex or the whole world would blow up, so maybe if the situation had been less "HAVE SEX OR WE ALL DIE", it might have had less of a WTF factor waking up.

DecomposingDreams

I've never had a sex dream. At the most I have dreams that seem like they could lead up to sex, but then it never does. I do have a lot of romantic dreams, though. I don't mind these at all. xD