Do asexuals dream about having sex?

undefined in life

I have sex dreams A LOT. And usually I like them. But they tend to follow patterns, some of them like what other people have said;

1) Often I am a different gender. Most of my sex dreams are man on man, sometimes man on girl (where I am the girl), sometimes girl on girl but only once man on girl (where I am the man). I didn't enjoy the latter two so much... Oh and also had a few 'raped by a plant' dreams too.... errm... that was kinda scary.

2) There is usually something unusual or supernatural about them (like we are vampires or one of us can fly or is an alien who, when they have sex with you, disperses spores into you that turns you into a living flower bed! Or something like that... Oh! Having sex with a ghost is interesting!)

3) I don't know whether they are like real life sex because I've never had that. Maybe the erotic, romantic, aesthetic element takes over so they are more enjoyable and exciting? They usually play on all my senses and a lot on my imagination.

4) Not very often sex dreams with people I know or recognise, but when I do it's because I have a crush on them.

5) Sometimes the partner or I will 'change' halfway through into a different person.

6) Often see the experience from third person view, or switch between third and first person.

7) More than half of my sex dreams have death (either of me or my partner) straight afterwards.

8 ) I don't think my dreams reflect who I am in reality as I am very much an asexual and would not seek out, least of all enjoy, any of the situations I find myself in! (If anything it tells me I have a big imagination!) - But I like the point someone made about dream interpretation in that, often, sex dreams can mean something else.

9) Sometimes I feel bad or ashamed after I wake up, but sometimes I just think 'oh that was interesting' and sometimes I feel really enlightened - but it's my brain that responds, not my body at all. Sometimes in my man-on-man dreams, when I 'conquer' a really tough guy, and make him melt in my arms, I wake up feeling kinda proud of myself.... *hides*

10) Mostly I use sex in dreams as a way of making evil characters fall in love with me.

11) Sex is never linked to reproduction. It's a purely erotic, romantic, sensual act.

I love dreaming and have got pretty good at lucid dreaming too, so I can control elements of it. Unlike my real life, I make my dreams as varied and interesting and erotically powerful as possible! (And then turn them into stories or artwork) Sometimes I wonder if it is just 'research' for me... I guess Freud would say I'm hugely repressed but I really don't feel that way and I'm quite happy my real life isn't like my dreams. That would just be crazy.

Princess Flufflebutt

I had a sex dream once. It ended with the bride-to-be throwing knives at me. It was awesome.

I've never had a sex dream in my life, and I consider myself gray-A. I'm also a virgin so that may be why.

Actually, I think I've had one or two dreams, years ago, where I knew I had or was having sex but didn't feel anything special or particular about it. Didn't feel anything physically or emotionally but "knew" I was having it?

And I've also had sexually arousing dreams that didn't involve scenarios people would normally think of as sexual... probably a hint I may have some strange kinks/fetishes.

There was that one dream a while back where a slightly tipsy male friend tried to kiss me, partly as a joke among friends, partly serious, and I flipped out cause I was like "wait, he's leaning in, FUCK THIS ISN'T WHAT I THOUGHT EVERYONE MEANT" and I kind of yelled "NO!" and shoved him away.

I found him later and I really hurt his feelings be shoving him away like that :( I explained to him that I was asexual and even if I didn't feel exactly the same way, maybe he'd care for a dance?

Ayup

I had a sex dream once. It ended with the bride-to-be throwing knives at me. It was awesome.

now that sounds like a fun sex dream :lol:

I've never had sex dreams (or nightmares) :P

1) Often I am a different gender. Most of my sex dreams are man on man, sometimes man on girl (where I am the girl), sometimes girl on girl but only once man on girl (where I am the man). I didn't enjoy the latter two so much... Oh and also had a few 'raped by a plant' dreams too.... errm... that was kinda scary.

2) There is usually something unusual or supernatural about them (like we are vampires or one of us can fly or is an alien who, when they have sex with you, disperses spores into you that turns you into a living flower bed! Or something like that... Oh! Having sex with a ghost is interesting!)

3) I don't know whether they are like real life sex because I've never had that. Maybe the erotic, romantic, aesthetic element takes over so they are more enjoyable and exciting? They usually play on all my senses and a lot on my imagination.

11) Sex is never linked to reproduction. It's a purely erotic, romantic, sensual act.

1. wow can I relate. even in my non-sexual passion dreams I am a girl even though I'm really a guy

2. again, wow. I have had mermaids in my romantic dreams

3. yepp.... I can smell it, feel it and taste it for some reason

11. same here. very romantic and passionate with no reproductive purpose

I had a dream I was a high class call girl, does that count?

if not I've had two.

I've had dreams sexual in nature. I don't know how many, but I had one last night and it was enjoyable. But the sexual nature isn't what the dream is ever about...last night, I was being persecuted and I put a dude in a trance to make him fall in love with me. Whenever he got close to me, i had my friend cover me so I didn't have to do anything with him. I had to kiss him, which was uncomfortable. Later, he figured it out and wanted to kill me. I tackled him, straddled him, gave him the most passionate kiss I could muster, and pretended to love him. He was instantly pleased, and as soon as he dropped his weapon, I killed him. So I guess i did it for buisness. I thought it was enjoyable.

Now is a good time to mention that my dreams are extremely strange. And I killed like 4 men in my dream last night because they wanted to kill me.

I almost never have normal sex dreams, and when I do I don't "finish". Much more common is for me to have a dream where I'm trying to masturbate and keep being interrupted, usually by my parents. Those are annoying. I also used to have a lot of rape nightmares, but it's been several years since then.

Colorless Wind

I haven't had any that I remember, though after I heard some of my friend's fantasies some of my dreams started off in that direction, only for me to end up freaking out and telling the dream people that I was asexual.

In 20 odd years, I've had exactly two dreams involving sex of anykind, one with a man and one with a woman. Both of them were very pedestrian and bland, the dream version of IKEA Erotica, as it were. They seemed to just form part of the story of the dream.

Skippy Squirrel
And I've also had sexually arousing dreams that didn't involve scenarios people would normally think of as sexual... probably a hint I may have some strange kinks/fetishes.

Yep, I definitely get these.

I've had a few where I'm lying in bed with someone and they start kissing me on the neck, but past that no.

I've had dreams sexual in nature. I don't know how many, but I had one last night and it was enjoyable. But the sexual nature isn't what the dream is ever about...last night, I was being persecuted and I put a dude in a trance to make him fall in love with me. Whenever he got close to me, i had my friend cover me so I didn't have to do anything with him. I had to kiss him, which was uncomfortable. Later, he figured it out and wanted to kill me. I tackled him, straddled him, gave him the most passionate kiss I could muster, and pretended to love him. He was instantly pleased, and as soon as he dropped his weapon, I killed him. So I guess i did it for buisness. I thought it was enjoyable.

Now is a good time to mention that my dreams are extremely strange. And I killed like 4 men in my dream last night because they wanted to kill me.

You're dangerous! :blink:

My first sexual experience was in a dream, and it was the only experience (both in dream and awake) I enjoyed. I obviously did not know what sex would feel like, so I didn't really "feel" it, but I knew I was doing it.

Aside from that only dream, the others were all nightmares.

Sockstealingnome

Awesome I thought I was the only one who killed people all the time in dreams. My cases are always in self-defense as well since dream people just love to chase me. Granted, I also have a lot of zombie dreams.

Well I have cuddling dreams...haven't had one about actual sex in years.

Sex as in "intercourse?" Never. I never had a dream like that. Mines just be where I am "touching myself" {Ick}^^''And where I might have a guy's "Thing" {Which was Weird!}^^'' But neverhad I dream of myself having sex with sI find that someone. I find that strangely odd. I had a dream where a guy was trying to kill me so I threaten him by trying to seduce him. Another one where this guy I came upon seductively but he too was after me or maybe he was injured. The dream changed scenes so it may had been both^^'' Those are my so called "sex" {Or Sexual} dreams^^'' But never a intercourse. My sexual dreams is with someone threatening my life and I attempt to seduce them^^'' That is weird. And when I have a friendly fall in love dream I never kissed. More like a caring nature. No sex in that.

I'm glad though because I can't stand the sight of "making out" and people being naked. I don't like to see male and female's genitals.^^'' Maybe that is why I do not dream "sex." I just wish the "touching oneself" dreams would stop though^^'' One of that dream just a couple of days ago affected me physically when I woke up. I thought that "sensation" was real! That dream was a nightmare to me^^'' Why my mind is doing this to me?^^'' I hate it^^''

• 2 weeks later...
Miss Behavin'

Yeah, I've had more than a few - including a particularly memorable one involving Zachary Quinto and the Metropolitan Museum of Art - and they were all at least moderately enjoyable.

Strawberry Shortcake

I have had a few. They're really weird... usually I wake up either terrorized or just seriously confused.

I've just recently discovered asexuality, and so far its answered a few questions about myself.

However, although I don't seem to have an interest in sex while I'm conscious, I have had one or more enjoyable sex dreams.

So I was wondering if any asexuals on here have had this experience?

This is such an interesting question. Thank you for posing it.

I do not have sex dreams per say. What I have always had since puberty were erotic, embarrassing dreams. The dreams that would arouse but not fulfill. Example, The boy standing in front of his class giving a report, and looking down to discover he isn't wearing any pants or underwear. The boy being tied to ship mast naked and girls circling him, teasing his boyhood.

I am 60 years old and still have these types of fantasy dreams. It is always as a boy and always naked in embarrassing situations. They are teasing towards sex, but never actually sexual. I guess I have never grown up from being that little boy, at least not inside. But I think that has something to do with me being asexual also. Subconsciously, I am still a little boy before he is sexual, so I have remained that boy all my life, and thus asexual. That is if dreams mean anything other than what you had for supper that evening. LOLOLOL.

Awesome I thought I was the only one who killed people all the time in dreams. My cases are always in self-defense as well since dream people just love to chase me. Granted, I also have a lot of zombie dreams.

My partner tells me about zombie apocalypse dreams of hers a lot, too. Then again, she's the biggest horror and scifi geek I've ever met, that may easily have to do with it. :D

I am just learning about asexuality and I believe I lay in the relm of Grey-A or very close to asexual. I am married and do enjoy sex when me and my wife do it. I don't remember my dreams much, but I think I have. I know I have finished in my dreams but I can't remember if I have actualy done the act in my dream or just got close to it. But being as though I have had that wet dream I would probably say that I have, but I just can't fully remember.

Sockstealingnome

My partner tells me about zombie apocalypse dreams of hers a lot, too. Then again, she's the biggest horror and scifi geek I've ever met, that may easily have to do with it. :D

I don't know why I have nightmares like that so often. I'm the biggest chicken and can't do any horror movies. My friends teased me for the longest time after we went to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal because I was so terrified of everything I would just freeze up in the middle of the haunted house.

I rarely dream, even less do I have sex dreams. When I do dream, it's usually something terrible, and if it's a sex dream, it's always with my partner. :D

I don't have sex dreams involving other people. I do have erotic dreams in which I pleasure myself sometimes in physically impossible ways.

red_brick_dream

Rarely, but yes, it has happened... Not the strangest thing in the world, as I am a tad curious, I'm not a virgin, and I do have a [low] sex drive. That said, if sex occurs in my dreams I'm more likely to be witnessing it, or merely aware of it, than actually partaking, as per my seeming "autochorissexualism."

I had some weird getting-close-to-but-not quite dreams, they were just annoying. I dreamed I was pregnant, which scared the hell out of me. And I had an awesome cuddle dream with someone off the telly. We followed a kind of romantic drama script right up to the sex part, then we cuddled in bed. More of those please!