Do asexuals dream about having sex?

undefined in life

I had a couple of them years ago. There was no intercourse in any of them. In one I was being chased by a guy with sexual intentions, it was kind of creepy and kind of funny. In the other one I was a guy myself and was wanking, with no success and breaking my penis in the process. Ok, that's disturbing, I'm sorry.

On the other hand, I had a many romantic dreams, where my love was not unrequired. In these dreams I was hugging and kissing my special person and they loved me back. Those were very beaufitul dreams, but waking and realizing it was a lie was very depressing.

The two main things that I believe about dreams:

1. They can be about anything you're aware of.

2. Dream logic does not resemble actual logic.

I would say that all asexuals are aware of what sex is (unless you have a very unusual case in which one does not learn about sex at all). Furthermore, emotions and perceptions in dreams become very...unusual, as one may put it. For example, I often find things inexplicably scary in dreams - I had a strangely vivid nightmare that involved being afraid to both look away from and look at a chair in a corner. There is no logical reason, even within the dream's context, that it should be scary. But dreams make you feel things that you wouldn't logically feel. If you're asexual, then real-life logic dictates that you're not into sex. Dream logic doesn't really care about real-life logic all that much.

Well, I've never had sex, so I thought that perhaps that was why I've never dreamed about sex either.

But I dreamed about kissing before I'd been kissed for the first time, so the theory is not exactly valid here.

I've dreamed about kissing, but never sex or even sex related...

Well, I've never had sex, so I thought that perhaps that was why I've never dreamed about sex either.

But I dreamed about kissing before I'd been kissed for the first time, so the theory is not exactly valid here.

I've dreamed about kissing, but never sex or even sex related...

I never said that you could only dream about anything you've done or are personally aware of. You were aware of the existence of kissing before you got kissed. That's why you could dream about it. As for why you haven't dreamt about having sex - well, not everything you're aware of factors into your dreams. But it can.

Also, I'm honestly sorry if I'm sounding too much like an analyst of some kind.

Oh! No, that was actually a theory I've formed myself, a long time ago. I thought not having sex was the reason I never dreamed about it.

I'm glad I've never dreamed about it though. I wouldn't know what to feel afterwards. Or about the person I'd be with in the dream (if real).

Pretty much whenever I realize a guy likes me, I have unpleasant dreams about someone flirting with me or harassing me and some outside party encouraging me to respond positively to it.

bookishfreak

I have a couple of times. I wake up usually just before "finishing" (which can be frustrating) They didn't disturb me or anything. They're just dreams.

I've always wanted to want to want to have sex if that makes any sense.

Plus, I think sexual dreams are to let off sexual steam that we don't experience. Sometimes mine are awkward and horrible, while others make me feel normal. But when it comes to waking up, I am still the same person: an asexual who has no desire for sex.

I never dream about sex, ever. I don't remember many of my dreams, but the ones I do remember are entirely non sexual.

I'm glad. It's bad enough seeing sex everywhere on TV and in films and avoiding it in books or conversation, I don't want it in my head too. :blink:

Ironically Sex dreams often have nothing to do with a desire to have sex but usually symbolize something else. Heres a list of various sexually themed dreams and their common interpretations. http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamthemes/sex.htm

I don't put much stock in dream interpretation sites, but I would have to agree. In any case, something that it talked about so much by so many people is bound to show up in dreams sometimes, whether you're into it or not.

I've never really had any 'sexual' dream I have to admit (maybe once or twice, but I really don't remember). When I told some of my friends, they even had a hard time to believe me...!

But if ever it happens, I wouldn't really put any real meaning into it. I'm more of a psychological kinda girl, so if ever I dreamed of something sexual, I wouldn't think that it was necesseraly because maaaayyyybe I'm sexual after all... Not at all!

Dreaming about sex doesn't automatically means you want to have it. It may have been because you talked about it more than usual the day before, or you had been thinking about it more during the week.

Though, I did, a few times, dreamed of kissing and, when I woke up, remembered it was quite nice. But you have to be careful, because it doesn't mean it's going to be nice in reality. I think the same goes with sex: you could have a really romantic and great dream about sex (or something related) and still not enjoy it in reality, since the dream is only a representation of an ideal situation for you.

Well, that's what I think at least :S I don't know if any of that made sense haha

anticlockwise

I have sex dreams, but I'm always male in them (and with another man). I've never had a 'realistic' one, like one involving someone who exists in real life, or with my own body.

Actually... I don't. :blink:

I mean, for dreams I manage to remember. Because we always forget them, no? :P

Anyhow. The closest to a wet dream I had was... me going to an amusement park. Yeah, that off-topic. But yeah, as I said, I don't remember my dreams for long, so I might've overlooked one... Who knows?

But also, I'm not too confident towards that "wet dream interpretation" thing... I know I don't get any, but I made a quick survey of it and... Well, I dunno, I think it's more related to one's personal perception of everything. After all, for example, one can loooove tofu, while another can HATE it. Can turn the same dream into a nightmare, you see? Besides, they don't seem to have much stable facts about this... unless you have more to share. ^_^

I go through periods of "wet dreams". I suppose it is slightly enjoyable, but I would really not want to do anything of the sort when awake. It's my body's only form of release, so it's understandable.

adventure mouse

I've had arousing dreams, but there was never any actual sex. The last one I had involved Benedict Cumberbatch :lol: I chalk that one up to having just seen Frankenstein that evening.

I've never had a sex dream, I've never had a dream about kissing someone.

Flipping through the dream diary here...there was one where I shouted (while on an obstacle course training for a Hogwarts/Portal school) 'I LOVE YOU DAVE.' It was meant to be a joke to make people laugh and then the other students took it seriously and I was like 'arg, no, what, he's a friend! He's a cool dude!'

It all ended with him, me, and this other random person trapped in one of the training rooms and mostly we just freaked out until the other unnamed guy decide enough was enough and kicked the glass in the door out.

Yeah.

I dream about having adventures. Kind of Indianna Jones style. I'm off saving the world and having fun and kicking ass in my dreams.

monstruo_chocolate

I used to have a lot of sexual dreams when I was a teenager, and was ashamed <<OMG what's this?? look at me!AAAH!!>>. All kinds of crazy things. But now, are very rare or just includes maybe a little kiss or talking dirty. And I'm happy with having them, makes me LOL.

Skippy Squirrel

The two main things that I believe about dreams:

1. They can be about anything you're aware of.

2. Dream logic does not resemble actual logic.

I would say that all asexuals are aware of what sex is (unless you have a very unusual case in which one does not learn about sex at all). Furthermore, emotions and perceptions in dreams become very...unusual, as one may put it. For example, I often find things inexplicably scary in dreams - I had a strangely vivid nightmare that involved being afraid to both look away from and look at a chair in a corner. There is no logical reason, even within the dream's context, that it should be scary. But dreams make you feel things that you wouldn't logically feel. If you're asexual, then real-life logic dictates that you're not into sex. Dream logic doesn't really care about real-life logic all that much.

Considering the dreams I have constantly defy the laws of physics, I can definitely confirm statement 2.

In fact, I find that body contact in my dreams feels pleasant, whereas body contact outside of dreams feels disgusting.

Now, do I dream about having sex? No. Do my dreams leave me feeling like I dreamed about having sex? Yes.

Sir Robbins

plenty of romantic ones that involved love and kissing but sexually? maybe 2 or 3 times

• 4 weeks later...
Sockstealingnome

I just had 2 sexual dreams in the past week. :mellow:

In the first one, I was in Walmart and picking something out from the dessert section, but for some reason, they had big screen TVs set on the dessert table with a movie playing. When I got to the table, a whole crowd of people surrounded me and stood there watching the movie. A guy standing directly behind me moves up closer and starts grinding into me. Totally skived out, I decided to grab any dessert and get out of there but when I reached for it, everybody went into a frenzy and started fighting over who got what. Eventually I made it out with a couple fruit tarts.

In the second dream, I was inside a plain, white lab room. There was a viewing window on one side of the wall but I couldn't see through it. On another wall was a glass encased bulletin board.

I walked up to the bulletin and realized I was completely naked and super horny. A door by the viewing window opened and a man in a lab coat pushes in a guy around my age who is also completely naked. I end up pouncing on him, and we start having sex only I leave my body and move over to the corner of the room, watching the two of us but not experiencing any of it. My brain just avoids intercourse for some reason.

I dream sometimes, but I used to dream more often than I do now.

During puberty, I didn't have wet dreams at the normal age (a sign of things to come?), and the only one I can think of having was when I was sixteen, and it resulted from me dreaming about hugging a girl I liked, and lifting her into the air. Come to think of it, in this dream, after I lifted this girl, (I guess that was when the 'wetness' set in outside the dream)I mildly wet myself in the dream, and a bit of it got on the girl's dress. I assumed in the dream that this was urine or something, being the naive SOB I was, and apologized. Dream girl didn't mind, but I woke up shortly after, to find out the wetness was real, and likely not urine...

tmi?

I too had sex dream but not in the act myself, they're people I knew and was fascinated watching them. Of course then realized it was going on in my room and probably kicked them out. My dreams really sux :redface:

• 2 weeks later...

Dream as in at night during REM sleep? Yes, I've know it to happen to me, but very, very rarely; I'm rather good at remembering my dreams, and there wouldn't be a dream featuring actual sexual intercourse more than once or twice a year among mine, even when I kept a dream diary and noted down an average of three dreams a night for over two years. If they appear, they are almost always nightmarish and wake me up shaken.

As for dreams involving no sex, but nudity in vaguer, erotic/sensual context - those are much more frequent, and nowhere near as disturbing for me.

whenthatsallthatyouvegot

The closest I've ever come was very weird dream a few weeks ago about my best friend (who is a gay male) and I (asexual female) telling all of our mutual friends that we had had sex. Note I didn't dream anything about the actual sex...dream-me was convinced it had happened and felt the need to tell everyone about it, but I didn't see/remember any of the act itself.

I've had nightmares of being raped, and I even feel guilty about that. I didn't have nightmares for years, until I got into a relationship. Hopefully, I'll get over it someday.