Do asexuals dream about having sex?

undefined in life

cleuchtturm

I've had quite a few. In about 75% I'm annoyed. 24% I'm confused or indifferent, and 1% I enjoy it. I always wake up from them and think 'what the actual fuck?!'

I've had 'em. Usually they're enjoyable, lol. Other times I wake up and am like, WTF?!

Chickenpede

I've had a couple or so. But they were all kinda boring and weird. I woke up right away during those; apparently my brain realized that it's so out of character for me and that the only explanation is that it's a dream. :rolleyes:

djembegirl

The two or three sex dreams I've had were all very strange and completely, hilariously unsexy.

Pyro Yoshi

I do sometimes. I can recall three. One was enjoyable, one was just weird, and the third was something that if I witnessed in real life, I'd pour bleach into my eyes.

In the first one, I was making out with and getting frisky in bed with M.W. Gacy. That one was quite enjoyable, as I've always found him attractive, but I was woken before any actual sex occurred. In the second, I was in a bathtub making out with another girl. I woke up confused by that one, as I've never been attracted to a girl in my life. During the last one, I walked in on two of my unattractive coworkers having sex. Why I dreamed about them, I have no idea.

no, but i once had a dream involving attempting to kiss a guy and a girl at the same time. I don't remember it being sexual or even enjoyable.

The Lone Meerkat

I very rarely do. It's not enjoyable for me - more like a mild nightmare, though I think "nightmare" is far too strong a word. The only times I have ever had them were if I felt romantically towards someone. It just makes me uncomfortable - the dreaming, I mean, although the romantic feelings are kind of annoying as well. I'm more of a demi-romantic, so the feelings are rare anyway; which means the dreams are even more rare.

I haven't so far... it's been kinda dissapointing. Might help to note that i don't remember my dreams much, if i dream at all though.

I think you should consider keeping a dream journal, it gets you in the habit of remembering more dreams and it's fun to look through sometimes.

My dreams last night weren't sexual at all, but I do remember them. I had four dogs instead of two. One was a fire-engine red pomeranian and one was a very friendly chocolate lab (IRL I have 2 dachshund/basset hound mixes). My dad was in the dream (he passed away last year) playing with the dogs.

SquirrelCat

I’ve had one and it was completely freaky!

Possible TMI

I was with a girl I’ve never seen before and she was really willing. I was standing above her and I was Agendered; there was nothing down there, nothing. I had a strap-on penis in my hand and not knowing what to do I ended up throwing the strap-on penis at her then turn around and promptly leave the room.

Then I woke up.

A while back, I had a dream about sex. But it didn't involve me, it involved a female and humanoid bear. Actual sex was never shown, though it was implied, and I had no clue what was going on in the dream (I was a bystander).

XVIwaysIILive

I have had a few dreams about sex. In all my dreams, I haven't ever felt anything either lol. It would be asked of the girl I was sleeping with: "Do you feel anything?"

Some people here have so funny sex dreams! :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheKindredSoul

I've had borderline sexual dreams, but never actual sex dreams where I am having sex.

They involve my squish (female). Sometimes, she is shown as a shadow, and other times, but rarely, she will actually be shown as her true form.

We are usually in bed together: she is naked while I am always fully clothed, and she is...trying to have sex with me... :redface:

In the dream, I would act like I enjoyed this act, but in reality, upon waking up, I would think "What was that all about? Ugh!"

I never want to have sex with anyone, including my squish, and having the dreams is even more annoying to me, being a non-libidoist.

Those dreams were disgusting and I desperately do not want to have them anymore.

I liked that she was smiling at me and giving me kisses on the forehead, but I hated what she was doing to me!

I really just want to cuddle with her instead; I don't want to do anything sexual! :(

There was one time I had the dream and for some odd reason, I saw a cabbage/lettuce next to my bedside on a table.

The entire time she was trying to mate with me, I was focused on the cabbage/lettuce, wondering what it was doing there.

I've also had dreams about being raped (still had clothes on) a few time by my squishes (who were just represented as shadows in the nightmares).

I remember trying to sleep those nights, but it was very hard to because the dreams were so horrible. :(

I was also getting off some medication as well; medication that I did not even need.

I've also had a dream of "having sex" (I was clothed) with Death. It was painful too.

That was a horrible nightmare... :(

Here's a dream dictionary. Sex can be symbolic in a dream, and can simply mean that there are qualities in a person you need to develop in yourself.

But there is no "one size fits all" definition for dreams, and you actually know more what your dreams mean than anyone else.

My link

Moonchaser

I've just recently discovered asexuality, and so far its answered a few questions about myself.

However, although I don't seem to have an interest in sex while I'm conscious, I have had one or more enjoyable sex dreams.

So I was wondering if any asexuals on here have had this experience?

The language of dreams is symbolic. It's easy to forget, because they can seem so real.

RandomGirlK

No, never had a sex dream, although I have had romantic dreams

Forever Anonymous

I've actually had a couple in which I was raped, I think. They were more to do with violence than anything else though. And they scared me, when I woke up I just wanted to cry. Sorry I'm not very helpful, but I have had dreams in which I was with my crushes and telling them I like them or they to me; I think I had one enjoyable kiss dream or something. I don't really think you should rely on your dreams to define you though.

Wow, quite a coincidence, just had one tonight. :wacko:

There was one time I had the dream and for some odd reason, I saw a cabbage/lettuce next to my bedside on a table.

The entire time she was trying to mate with me, I was focused on the cabbage/lettuce, wondering what it was doing there.

I would be, too! :lol:

Asexuality! Because cabbage is much more attractive than naked people. :wub:

I have dreams of others having sex but not myself. it totally kills my mood lol

I had a sex dream once, about five or six years ago.... ugh. I hardly think it counts, but it did involve sex. I hardly remember it and know it wasn't pleasurable, as it was with a giant fish, but I woke up feeling very odd and incredibly violated and I never had a sex dream again after that. :o

No. I am not prone to experiencing nightmares! :lol:

I've had sex dreams before. I think of it as a byproduct of my libido, kind of like masturbation. It doesn't change my orientation.

If I dream that I'm somebody else, a character created in a dream-based story, sometimes there are romance or sexy 'scenes'. Usually just kissing, but sometimes really weird sequences that are probably meant to be sexy. For some reason this mostly happens if I dream I'm a man. For example, I had a dream I was a man who was trapped on a shopping mall planet, running away with an advertising robot who was made to look like a sexy cowgirl, trying to pass her off as my human girlfriend so I could escape with her and steal her components to use to create a cyborg of my dead wife. I eventually fell in love with the cowbirl ad-bot and in my dream I suddenly found I was naked and kissing her while she was repeating the only phrases she was programmed to say (I think one was 'Howdy, cowboy!') and I got the impression that she really meant them to me. I don't actually remember if she took off her clothes in the dream. Male-dream-me was naked though.

That was actually one of the best dreams I've ever had, not because of the romantic/sexy elements but because it was actually a fairly coherent story line. Most of my dreams are just jumbled nonsense.

I've had sex dreams before. I think of it as a byproduct of my libido, kind of like masturbation. It doesn't change my orientation.

This.

Also, I am stopping by this thread to say that I had sex with TWO PEOPLE consecutively in my dreams last night, a man and a woman. I woke up and was like, "WHAT." That was out of the ordinary.

I haven't had one in a few years now, but I've had a few sex dreams before, both as a male and once in a while as a female. I can occasionally retain feeling in my dreams, so needless to say when that happens, they are much more realistic and interesting then regular dreams. :blink:

LimeTreeArbour

I've had dreams about sex which have been slightly twisted but there have been one out of two out of the hundreds of recalled dreams. I've had numerous wet dreams which were not related to sex (which is apparently universally common).

I honestly can't even remember having a dream where I was kissing someone and have never had a wet dream.

Pure as the driven snow in slumberland,just as I am when I'm awake.

I'm not so sure about the multiple post apocolyptic dreams though.

Hmmm... My dreams almost never are about sex, relations, touching or romance. But it had a few of those and thought of them as quite nice.