T-Shirt design contest!

Sennkestra

Have you ever wanted to get more involved in asexual visibility efforts? Ever wanted to have something you designed be seen by thousands of admiring eyes?

Well, we’re currently looking for creatively-minded individuals to submit t-shirt design ideas for the upcoming WorldPride march in London this summer! The results will be worn with pride by a contingent of aces and allies from all over the world as we march through London to prove to the world that yes, asexuals exist, and we’re pretty awesomely asexy!

Not an artist? Don’t have the means to create an actual image of your complete design? No worries - just send us a general description of your idea, and if it’s chosen, we’ll find a way to make it into reality!

For inspiration, try looking at our banner design or placard slogans!

If you have any questions about the contest, or for more information about WorldPride in general, please feel free to drop us a line at worldpride.aces@gmail.com, or check out the dedicated WorldPride subforum on AVEN for updates or ways to get involved.

Submission Requirements:

Designs should include a clearly displayed and readable reference to AVEN, The Asexual Visibility and Education Network, and/or asexuality.org as well as a reference to "Worldpride, London 2012" (or some variation thereof).

Maximum size for t-shirt designs is 40cm by 27 cm; one design for the front and one for the back. All designs should be at least 300dpi at the intended final size. Designs may use only two colors: ink color and background fabric color. final shirts will be purple and white.

Worldpridefirstinformalmeeting.png

In addition, please keep in mind the style guidelines below when creating your entries.

The deadline for submission is June 2, 2012. All submissions should be sent to worldpride.aces@gmail.com, and should include a copy of your design, an email address that we can use to contact you, your name, and any other information you would like to include.

Design Guidelines:

~ Keep it relevant: designs should be asexuality-themed - for example, frogs may be cool, but they aren’t very relevant to the ace community. If you wish to use symbols not usually associated with ace pride or the ace community, please explain why you chose them!

~ Keep it simple: Try not to make the design too complex, and consider it practically. We want something that will be easily understandable at a glance, but still eye-catching. Try to avoid using photos or pictures

~Keep the message in mind: Be aware of the message your design conveys. Pride is huge opportunity to raise visibility, assert ourselves as legitimate and as representatives of our orientation, and designs should reflect that. Designs do not have to be super strict, but a design based on in-jokes like cake or Sherlock, for example, is unlikely to be taken as seriously by people not familiar with the asexual community.

~Keep it appropriate and legal: No profanity, swear words, or explicit content, please. In addition, please do not include copyrighted images or other trademarked logos or brands in your designs, with the exception of official AVEN symbols.

Even if your design is not chosen for the shirts, your idea may still be chosen for stickers, leaflets or other vis/ed materials.

Also, please note that all designs are not final and may be subject to changes made by the WorldPride committee. By submitting entries into this contest, you are giving permission to use, reproduce, or modify any designs submitted with the understanding that the final design will be paraded publicly and is likely to appear in photographs and film which may be broadcast or made available for viewing online.

WorldPride is both a fun event and a fantastic visibility opportunity, so send in your design ideas and help us make it even more awesome!

BookwormKaoru

Umm.. Maybe.

A black ring that Says AVEN (Or asexuality.org) on it. And inside the Ring it should say something like.

"Asexuality: The lack of sexual Desire" or some other general definition.

And the back could say something like. "Asexy and proud" or "Too asexy for you" Or... "Asexy, the 1% exists"

You know...

Just a general idea... Spit balling here.

• Like 1
Alter-Echo

Idea....black shirt...with "AVEN" on the front in block lettering...that is white towards the top, fading to black at the bottom.

Or.. "I'm too asexy for this shirt"

It might be too in-jokey, but maybe an ace of hearts on a purple, white, gray, and black background?

This is what an Asexual looks like with a red heart and black spade above it and a black heart and red spade below it.

zoidberger

I just threw together a rough draft... but why not go really simple like this:

Front:

AvenShirt01Front.jpg

Back:

AvenShirt01Back.jpg

Sennkestra

It might be too in-jokey, but maybe an ace of hearts on a purple, white, gray, and black background?

This is what an Asexual looks like with a red heart and black spade above it and a black heart and red spade below it.

Just a reminder, we can only print shirts in two colors (pref. purple and white), so designs should be limited to those colors.

Basically, what that means is you have two colors to work with: the color of the t-shirt fabric, and the color of the ink. So, things should be only two colors, like this:

asexy_sticker_proposals_by_adrianvallence-d3k8b7o.jpg

Mr Stranger

Just the sign of the ace of spades.

Be open! Support "A" friend.

do with it what you will

• 2 weeks later...
Sennkestra

so yeah, here's a couple very rough ideas:

tumblr_m4zfgmFDHm1qiiadso1_1280.png

• Like 1

O. M. G.

Clea, I love all of them, I could never choose :o

Sennkestra

Sorry it's a little late, but here's my entry.

it's okay, we can sneak you in :)

However, the submissions are now closed, thank you to everyone who entered!

Final designs will be coming soon.

• 4 weeks later...
Carmilla DeWinter

So, I know you do have a lot on your plates, what with the time being moved and everything, but are there designs yet? I'd have my own shirt printed, but I need a design first.

Here are the designs that were chosen!

34ocwmx.jpg

w8m428.jpg

They're actually in purple though.

We have 100 of these to give away for the march, in various sizes. So get your reservations in, before they are all snapped up!

• 2 weeks later...

Psst. Michael, I'm not sure if you realise but those models are a little bit green. :o

Awesome t-shirts, by the way. I got one of each design! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Boo42069yomomma

Sorry it's a little late, but here's my entry.

it's okay, we can sneak you in :)

However, the submissions are now closed, thank you to everyone who entered!

Final designs will be coming soon.

Cleander, is that a cheese dalek in your avatar?!?!?!? WHY WAS I NOT TOLD THIS IS A THING??

Let's put that on a t-shirt!

• 3 months later...

they're all awesome where can I get one?

They were handed out at WorldPride in London, last July :)

• 1 month later...