I booked my flights!

I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!!! wub.giflaugh.gifwub.giflaugh.gif

I just booked everything!!!!!! It seemed quite hard at first (lost my ID card, couldn't find the right flight at the right time etc..), but hey...

I'LL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!

I'll get to Birmingham first on June 22nd and then I'll just wander around UK!!! Have I mentioned that I've never been to UK? happy.gif

Oh God I'm so excited!!!!!!! **bounces and jumps around**

I'll be in London then, and fly back to Rome on July 11th laugh.gifhappy.gifsmile.gif

Holidays cool.gif Something I haven't seen in years cool.gif

547097_131710580299149_1467791772_n.jpg

So jealous :( I can't afford such nice trips *cry*

Qutenkuddly

Ooo! And you have other AVENites to show you around! I do strongly recommend the London Walks tours. Those are GREAT, especially if you enjoy history! The first thing to do in London, though is hop on one of those double decker touring buses for the day (preferably one that you can get on and off of). Do the whole tour of the city; it gives an overview of the history, an idea where all the key attractions are, and a quick, but very helpful, geography lesson for the city.

(I miss London. *pout*)

I bought 2 books ^_^ One is the National Geographic guide of London, it gives me the history, maps, restaurants, everything, ESPECIALLY I like the walking paths it suggests for each neighbourhood! ^_^ :wub:

Then I bought the book "101 things that you MUST do in London before you die". I won't do all of them, but I'll try my best lol :lol:

Qutenkuddly

I bought 2 books ^_^ One is the National Geographic guide of London, it gives me the history, maps, restaurants, everything, ESPECIALLY I like the walking paths it suggests for each neighbourhood! ^_^ :wub:

Then I bought the book "101 things that you MUST do in London before you die". I won't do all of them, but I'll try my best lol :lol:

Do the London Walks. SERIOUSLY. A National Geographic book CANNOT tell stories as richly or avidly as a tour guide who takes a strong academic interest in the region sie is giving a tour in.

Member4445

You can stay in bournemouth for a night or two with me if you like :) im not around at weekends though.

Nomad in Stasis

Man, I am so jealous. **Mumbles under breath 100 thoughts**

Have fun.

Amazing! :D There are so many wonderful places to see around the UK; you'll have a fantastic time. :) If the weather will be nice, then I can highly recommend hiring a bike and cycling through the Peak District. :D The British Museum in London is also a must, of course, as is Hampton Court Palace. There are so many gorgeous historical sites that you simply must see!

Make sure you post to the UK meets forum with when you're where. We'll make sure there's a meet for you in Birmingham and London.

I did some of this sightseeing trip a few years ago for my Londoner boyfriend - he hadn't seen any of it and loved it. ;)

I believe the red buses and underground service they call the tube is run by one body and is quite a good service even if it is some what busy. The reason for mentioning this is becauuse I understand you can buy a pass in advance should you wish too that allows you to travel on bus and tube and is discounted say for a weekly ticket. This link might help?

https://oyster.tfl.gov.uk/oyster/entry.do

Member4445

I think I'll be PMing Ith to find out how people travel in London :s Yeah it's an hours drive to get there but I've never been to London before.

Trava u doma

^^^

From what I understood you can buy Oyster card when already there; you only can't get the photocard for discount travel, but I think visitors are more likely to buy travelcards anyway. (ununderstandable post, FTW)

They have machines near the ticket counters for the tube for the oyster card. I can't remember how much it costs for the card itself (a one off payment - a few quid) and then you can top up the amount you want (like phone credit) you can then use the card for public transport (tubes, buses, etc.) It's very easy and there's always people around at stations to give advice. It saves a lot of time waiting around in queues and fiddling with loose change!

An Oyster card is definitely the way to go. My sister lives in London and I have one to use whenever I visit her. :) You can use them on both the tube and the buses. When you get on a bus, there's a yellow scanning pad next to the driver that you simply need to hold the card up to. ^^ The same pad is at the gates at every tube station entrance. Much easier than fiddling around with change and too many tickets!

Thanks everyone for all the advice ^_^

:cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

• 11 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator