(weird question) girls-How do you feel about your breasts, do you view them in a "sexual" way?

Kimmybunni

I love boobs. I think they are very sexy and attractive but maybe that is a wrong word because I am not sexually attracted to them? I think they are beautiful. My own personal boobs I don't like - not because they're on me but because I don't think they are perfect enough. I'm actually saving up to get surgery which many tell me is stupid/unnecessary/superficial. But I am not doing it to show off to the world. I just am a perfectionist? I also wash my face and brush my teeth because I want to look a certain way. Including my tits. That being said I hate people noticing them. It's like I want to be a sexy minx but only in front of a mirror to myself and ignored by others.

I don't see them in a sexual way, but like them and am generally fascinated by their aesthetics.

Mine are ill-proportioned so I can't pull off shapeless dresses or drop waists, but I forgive my breasts when they're in a natural waistline.

And even without seeing breasts in a sexual way, I can still tell which of my friends have small enough breasts to look "hot" in extremely low-cut tops and which of them would just look positively obscene.

I'm mostly with you, Safaia. I don't like their sexual connotations (I'm not really comfortable with anyone touching or looking at them, even my husband) and I would be perfectly happy not having them. It would certainly make a majority of my costuming problems a non-issue...

I'm a male, and I think that I'm probably not asexual (though I sometimes would like it) and I like woman (or so I think), but even with that, I still find breast are overvalued, what's the "so" good about them?

Schrecken

I never really thought much about my breasts, other than to be glad that they aren't too big or too small (in my opinion). The only sexual feelings I might have is to know that most men (and perhaps a few women) view them as sexual objects and therefore I decide whether or not I want to wear things that show them off and if so, how much. I guess for my own views I see my breasts as rather like a non-structural decorative architectural element on a building. They have no purpose (being that I am childless and expect to remain so, and have never had intimate contact with anyone) but yet the "building" would look very odd and incomplete without that element if you were to remove it or it was never there in the first place, perhaps like a wall that should have a window but for some reason doesn't.

I'm a bit saddened by all the posters that have said they want to remove their breasts. Is it because they see them as sexual objects and want to distance themselves from it? or that they think men (or lesbians) will want to have sex with them because of their breasts and therefore want them gone to stop men being attracted. I don't understand. But I think it is sad they think body modification (or mutilation) is a good answer. Anyway, my opinion on my breasts is that they are just breasts, part of my body like any other part.

glitchunter

I understand that pretty much the entire culture that I live in has a breast fetish, and therefore I try to downplay the fact that I have them as much as possible.

I don't see them sexually, definitely not my own. Though mine are small, so they aren't much of a bother, and easy to hide or downplay if I want to. As far as other girls, I see their bodies as beautiful, but still don't see their breasts as a sexual thing.

Hmm...I tend not to think of my breasts as sexual until I either catch someone looking or someone mentions them or something cues me to think of breasts as sexual (i.e. sexy bra advertisements). I don't dislike breasts, though. I see mine as part of what makes me a woman...and bonus points as I quite like how mine balance my body proportions.

It still does creep me out a bit when people mention my breasts in a sexual way, though, and then I get all self-conscious o_o;; Thankfully, it doesn't happen all too often (or I'm just really oblivious).

Capslock Cadet

Usually I just think of them as an annoyance. In certain situations they'll get in the way or whatever. And that's basically the only time I'll think of them at all. If I caught someone looking at my chest I might momentarily acknowledge them as something sexual, but on the other hand, I'm barely aware of their existence myself so half the time people are looking I don't notice them doing so. It's only until someone points it out that I'll realize what's going on :lol:

So... yeah. It's very rare that I view my boobs in a sexual way.

I think of them as useless blobs of fat. I get annoyed with having them since I'm overweight and my boobs are larger than they should be. I'm currently working on losing weight at the moment. I have times where I feel disgusted at my boobs and wished they were much smaller and less noticeable. I don't like the society's viewpoint that my boobs are sexual.

Chickenpede

I consider them just another body part, but I really hate how they are sexualized in our culture. Also, I find them rather inconvenient since they get in the way. I often wish they were either smaller or not there. They just don't add anything to my life.

feministnerd

I personally don't like my own. They're just annoying. People tell me how lucky I am to have "Big Boobs" (although personally I never saw them as that big) and it really ticks me off when they say that. I don't want them and I hate it when people notice it. I wouldn't mind trading mine in for smaller ones if it means that people would stop looking at me sexually. In short: no, I don't find them sexual

Me too. They also give me back pains and I'm thinking I might need to get a reduction to a C.

I generally like looking at them and touching them in a non-sexual way. They're nice, warm and squishy. I do see how some people view them sexually but the same can be done with legs and stomach.

However, I don't really wanna see my sisters or mothers, and I'm very self-conscious of my own.

My relationship with breasts is a little confusing. I don't care about mine one way or the other. When I first came out, I didn't care about other girls' boobs either. I didn't get what the big deal was... they're just a body part, right? But over time I became... I don't know... indoctrinated into the breasts-are-sexy cult. Now I LOVE them. I check girls out, and one of the first things I notice are a woman's breasts. I could name a handful of celebrities with great ones (Jennifer Love Hewitt, anyone?).

I think there's two different aspects that work together. One is definitely our culture. We're taught to sexualize breasts; we're taught that sexualizing breasts openly is OK. The other is the simple fact that, during sex, breasts ARE sexy. They feel good to have touched and they feel good to touch. I had a girlfriend who was able to get extremely close to orgasm just from having her breasts and nipples touched. And when a girl is hovering over you and her boobs are right there... it's very sexy. So, over time, between culture saying "hey, look at her tits!" and my own positive sexual experiences involving breasts... viola, they became wonderfully awesomely amazing to me.

Since I know some people judge breast sizes and my boyfriend likes breasts, it makes me a bit self-conscious about my smaller breasts (small B cup). My breasts are also positioned widely apart so I couldn't pull off the cleavage look, not that I'm all that interested in doing so anyway.

In my opinion a woman's breasts are beautifully. I'm one that sees beauty in the body, but not in a sexual way. I just want to smack my friends when they are all like "OMG looks at her tits!" and I'm just like, :blink: Is there something wrong with you? I'm too lazy to scroll back up and see who wanted to remove their breasts but I feel the same way about my *gasp*male anatomical structures sometimes. with a woman the breasts add figure. with a guy, stuff just seems to be randomly an thoughtlessly tacked on wth staples

I tend to squish my boobs in a tight bra since I absolutely HATE to feel my boobs move while I'm going along with my day. I'd rather pretend that my boobs don't exist. Surgery and going under anaesthesia is terrifying to me, so that's not an option for me.

I hate my breasts, I want them gone - doesn't help that I am a 32 FF...

I don't want to be a woman or a man and my breasts, sticking out the way they do ... meh

I wish I did not, but I do view them that way most of the time (when I remember they're there.). Since my female family members or friends always comment about my figure and how attractive it supposedly is to others. Plus, the awkward conversation/Q&A with them when they tell someone off for some offensive comment/look/gesture someone else did at me when I was too busy with asking myself “Where are the sour patch parents?” :huh:

I can see how our culture(s) would view them sexually, but I don't think I look at them like that. I view mine as just another part of my body, possibly because they are almost numb to the touch. But I think culture has affected me some, for I happen to like other breasts (non-sexually).

I don't view them in a sexual way really. . .but I would be really shy to go shirtless because I was raised in a super religious family which made me very modest. They aren't big so they don't get in the way or bother me, and I never have to worry about other people looking at them since I always wear t-shirts! But I too like to kind of "strap them in" otherwise it feels uncomfortable. But that is probably just due to my sensory issues.

Dr_Holmes

haha um well i personally started running because i observed that runners mainly all had very small boobs so running + sports bras pretty much removes any appearance of boobs for me which is nice :)

and i never really understood them, they kind of freak me out especially when people wear low cut tops i just sort of feel awkward on their behalf like "oh gosh do they realise how much of them is publicly visible right now?!?!" haha even though i know that's the whole point of low cut tops... well... at least i think that's what the point is.... ? :huh: so i guess i don't see them as sexual things i see them as confusing because i don't understand the big obsession with them haha

although that said it is true that in the right context boobs are incredibly comfy :D such as i happen to have a very busty friend who likes hugging people so no one really minds because she gives very nice comfy hugs haha :P

OtherWise

I don't really think about my own. There's honestly not much to think about.

I suppose I can appreciate other people's boobs in a general sort of way. They're sort of like an evolutionary secondary bum. Aaaaand that was probably the least sexy thing ever said about breasts, wasn't it?

Dr_Holmes

They're sort of like an evolutionary secondary bum. Aaaaand that was probably the least sexy thing ever said about breasts, wasn't it?

hahahahahaha least sexy most accurate :P

Cithaerias

As a self-criticism I can honestly say I hate my boobs. I'm a 38DD, and extremely short to boot, so I've always found them awkward. But I have low self-esteem anyway, so w/e.

For the rest of the world, I can understand why (clothed) breasts are aesthetically attractive to some, and I suppose I would like mine more if they were proportionate to the rest of my body. :I

Also, one more problem: big boobs are bad for cosplaying younger characters.

WhiteLilyx

I have a weird relationship with mine. I used to hate my breasts (because I had and no one else did) but now they just seem like oddities. I mean why on Earth would someone be attracted to sacks of fat and glandules? (If people admire abs, legs or arms it makes more sense because those are muscles and you worked for them... unless you are Captain America)

Yet I also like them in an aestetical way. I'm pretty sure I am the only person I know (that is attracted to women) that looks at lingerie cathalogs for the actual underware (some is really pretty)

No, I don't enjoy them to be touched. And I don't want kids so I don't think of them in a motherly way either. They just take up space. They are a risk for breast cancer for me in my family. I guess I could use them to get things from men, otherwise they are useless. I just don't see the attraction...

CrazyCatLover

I just see them as another part of my body and agree with you that women should be allowed to go topless if men can. I guess I like them in that they fit my figure and I'd look kinda funny without them...(because I've got big hips as well). *shrug* They're just breasts. They aren't sexualized in some cultures, but I can't think of any examples off the top of my head.

Ace_LaChelle

I personally like my boobs quite a lot. I've freaked my mother out on more than one occasion by walking around the house groping my chest (she's much more reserved than I am). They're not big (which I love), but they're mine, they fit my figure, and they're probably one of my favorite parts of my body. That said, I don't see them sexually at all. I just enjoy my boobs (and I have no idea if this is related or not, but bra and bikini shopping is a favorite pastime of mine).

Before I realized I was ace, I hated it when guys I dated would touch my breasts. Easily one of the biggest turn-offs for me (aside from actual sex, of course). However, I don't mind girls touching them (although I've never done anything sexual with a female before).

As far as other people's breasts, I couldn't care less.