Photo

(weird question) girls-How do you feel about your breasts, do you view them in a "sexual" way?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 sadegirl

sadegirl

A-Mazing

• AVEN Members
  • 82 posts
  • A/Sexuality:hetero romantic

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

The reason I ask this question is because I am Asexual, and to me my breasts are just another part of me like my arms, hands, feet... If I weren't afraid of being harassed I would like to see a sort of equality where women could go shirtless on the beach just like men.
I am quite bewildered by the sexual nature people have attached to breasts, as their main purpose is to feed an infant..
I spoke to my mom about this; she is a sexual person and always is shy about her breasts, describing them as having a sexual aspect; so I'm wondering if the way I feel is more common around aces, or I'm just weird.

#2 CBC.Radio.Girl

CBC.Radio.Girl

Resident batshit crazy tea addict.

• AVEN Members
  • 14,343 posts
  • Location:Getting snuggled by a straitjacket in a padded room.
  • A/Sexuality:Bi/pan/whatever-romantic and not a very sexual person.

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

I don't personally find mine to be sexual in any way, but I'm aware that breasts are often sexualised in our culture, so yes, I suppose I kind of see them as sexual for that reason. Though I'm completely indifferent to breasts in general, I'm kind of repulsed by having them myself -- and thus wish I didn't. If removing them was a simple procedure like, say, shaving all the hair off one's head, I'd very happily get rid of mine in a heartbeat.
you always know just who you are
you never needed someone else
to realise yourself

Posted Image

#3 5_♦♣

5_♦♣

Asexy & Precise Timenerd

• AVEN Members
  • 24,883 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Polyamorous hetero A

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

I see them as just a part of my body, nothing more.

For cars she couldn't care less. Fastidious and precise-Queen.  

"Without death all we have are random events, accumlation. You can't call that life"-CC.

Also known as: 5DC, 5, DC, DCC, Diamond(s), Club(s), CC, C2, CCCD, CD, CoD, 5d, 5oD, Clubsie, Clubbles.

Call me Cookie and you die-Me paraphrasing Dot somewhat.

#4 Guest_member25959_*

Guest_member25959_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

I just see them as another body part, I've never really seen them in a sexual way at all. I don't really get why they're seen as sexual but there is an explanation behind it, supposedly. I can't find the citation but long story short, it's basically just natural.

#5 Arcovia

Arcovia

Anarchist Autodidactic Ace

• AVEN Members
  • 477 posts
  • Pronouns:They/their and she/her
  • A/Sexuality:Asexual and aromantic

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

I don't view them as anything but a "private" part of my body. I quite like the way they add curves to my figure, but they're purely aesthetic to me.

~Demigender/Demifluid. I'm partly a specific gender the majority of the time, and experience fluidity for the other parts. In order of commonality I'm maverique, then neutrois, then female. All of these fluctuate in strength, sometimes to the point of being agender. I use non-binary as a nice umbrella term regardless of which "phase" I'm in. I use she/her pronouns and they/them pronouns.
~I don't experience romantic attraction, but unlike the majority of those who don't, I do feel romantic desire and wish to be in a relationship of some sort. I do have romantic preferences, but I don't know how firm they are. I've gotten criticism for identifying as romantic and as aromantic, so please don't harass me about my choice of label.

#6 significantlysilent

significantlysilent

Asexy

• AVEN Members
  • 453 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Demi-Homoromantic Asexual

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

due to culture and society, and how they portray breasts to be, i view them as being something sexual to the world. for me, i am disturbed by them and wish that they were more unnoticeable. i am not sure if i dislike them because of the fact that they are uncomfortable (phsycially) for me to deal with or the fact that they are viewed as a sexual thing to the world. maybe both actually. with/on other people, i don't view breasts as being sexaul in general though. the view of them being sexual is my opinion through the world's hype on it. so, i don't know if it has something to do with being asexual or not. sorry as that probably didn't help much there. lol.

To be whoyou want to be
and generally happy,
is better than to be who you're not
while living in mental pain.

#7 1helluvabutlr

1helluvabutlr

A-Mazing

• AVEN Members
  • 98 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Demisexual

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

I too wonder why guys can go shirtless and girls cannot I do not understand that, after all guys that gain weight also gain breast size. I was watching a TV commercial and the guy was running his breasts seem bigger than mine i think and yet he was shirtless I thought "so unfair." I mean I am a pretty shy person with my body because it is mine to care for but if I am hot and I cannot take it any more I really wish I could just go around shirtless. I usually do not notice them unless I am laying in bed then I notice it, oh they are there.
"The anxiety we carry with us,all our broken dreams, the inexplicable cruelty, the fear of death,the painful insight into our earthly condition...
have worn out our hope of a divine salvation. The cries of our faith and doubt against the darkness and the silence are terrible proof of our loneliness and fear.
"-Persona(1966)
I be 1helluva cutie ~<3
Posted Image

#8 ReiZK

ReiZK

Amoeba Colony

• AVEN Members
  • 180 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Mostly heteroromantic asexual

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

I like the way they make me look more feminine, but I'm not completely comfortable with that meaning I look sexy to someone else.

I can and do appreciate the female form, and a certain amount of curves is something I find aesthetically appealing. I'd like to look aesthetically appealing myself, so I'm cool with my breasts in that sense, as I don't look at myself in a sexual way. They can make me feel good about my appearance, so I like them.

However, I don't wear very low-cut tops because having breasts and showing them off are two different things for me. I don't want to do the latter because then it becomes less about pure aesthetics and more about looking sexually attractive. I don't really want to look "sexy", I'd rather look "cute".

Also... boobs are squishy!! :lol:

And omg you're a color master!  Like a color unicorn or something!

Climate change is a great, big, left-wing conspiracy hoax designed to redistribute my hard-earned wealth to...fucking polar bears!

Take the "What's Your Favorite Dinosaur?" survey here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HF2VT7Q Pretty please?  :lol: 

#9 ApparentlyNotAsexual

ApparentlyNotAsexual

The Atrix Has You

• AVEN Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:45 AM

Why are breasts considered sexual on a man and not on a woman? Never got that.

No, I guess I don't see breasts as sexual. But I do like them- they jiggle and it makes me laugh! It's like jello! Yes, I am strange.

I really don't see a man's abs as sexual, either, yet many women would disagree with me. They may not have to be covered, yet they are usually equated with sex.

And, interesting fact- a woman can technically get away without wearing a shirt. Indecent exposure is actually only when a woman's nipple is exposed- if you could manage to keep that covered and expose the rest of your breasts, it's perfectly legal. But I can't speak for the consequences of a woman doing that- I definitely wouldn't try it. And even that doesn't explain why a man can show his nipples without it being 'indecent.'

I'm not on AVEN anymore because this site is trying to invalidate my orientation. I no longer fit here and I no longer feel welcome here. If you see a post of mine and reply, don't expect one back.

#10 1helluvabutlr

1helluvabutlr

A-Mazing

• AVEN Members
  • 98 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Demisexual

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:49 AM

And, interesting fact- a woman can technically get away without wearing a shirt. Indecent exposure is actually only when a woman's nipple is exposed- if you could manage to keep that covered and expose the rest of your breasts, it's perfectly legal. But I can't speak for the consequences of a woman doing that- I definitely wouldn't try it. And even that doesn't explain why a man can show his nipples without it being 'indecent.'

I probably would not try it because people will get the wrong idea and think " oh she is over sexual or easy." I guess it would put me in an odd situation having to explain why I am half naked and I am asexual they do not seem to click in people's head.
Btw about the breasts being jelly like I always felt odd about that.

"The anxiety we carry with us,all our broken dreams, the inexplicable cruelty, the fear of death,the painful insight into our earthly condition...
have worn out our hope of a divine salvation. The cries of our faith and doubt against the darkness and the silence are terrible proof of our loneliness and fear.
"-Persona(1966)
I be 1helluva cutie ~<3
Posted Image

#11 AceSpace

AceSpace

Mitosis to the Max

• AVEN Members
  • 360 posts
  • Pronouns:She/Her
  • A/Sexuality:Biromantic Asexual

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:08 AM

I don't understand the boob infatuation either. But I've heard from guys that giving pleasure to women is a turn-on and since boobs are a way to stimulate a woman, I think the boob-feeling stuff is a way for both sides to win.
But here is another opinion on boobs.
Best way to describe Asexuality: "Sex is a turn-off for me."

Miami Meetup for South FL Asexuals!! ---> http://www.asexualit..._1#entry2231329

Are you Floridian? Vote in the poll!! :D http://www.asexualit...27#entry2143527

#12 The Great WTF

The Great WTF

Causer of horrible fairy genocides

• Moderators
  • 6,175 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Asexual

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

My breasts are just another part of my body. I've never seen much sexual appeal to them, but I know a lot of sexual people that don't see it, either. I think that they're only sexual because there is a societal ideal in place that says they are sexual and thus should be hidden. Other cultures saw wrists, ankles, or even the back of the neck as sexually appealing and thus encouraged women to hide them. It's the same principal with breasts. Many cultures had no problem with breasts being exposed in the past. Some still hold such beliefs. In Japan, for example, it was perfectly acceptable for women to work in the fields shirtless just as men did until European influence began to affect them.

For the record, my boyfriend is sexual and he LOVES breasts, not because they are sexually appealing, but because they make great pillows. I agree wholeheartedly.

Las Vegas now has a weekly asexual group! Whether you live in the area or are just passing through, please feel free to stop in and say hi!

We invite you to join the A/Sexy Tango, aka The Great WTF's asexual/sexual relationship blog. Warning: Snark ahead.

#13 awkwardace93

awkwardace93

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • A/Sexuality:asexual

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

Hmmm. I don't feel anything really about my own, but I don't want to see anybody else's. ;) I couldn't walk around exposed in public though. The amount of attention I'd most likely draw to myself would make me highly uncomfortable.

#14 Kathlyn

Kathlyn

Amoeba Colony

• AVEN Members
  • 119 posts
  • A/Sexuality:asexual aromantic

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

I have a slight obsessions with my breast, well my torso in general. I don't like the shape I have, not because of the sexual connotations applied by society, but because it's just not how I see me.
I don't like how (relatively) small my breasts are. I know they are a C cup, which most find large enough, but I feel like they get swallowed by anything I wear (proper sizes, and I'm a 32/34 in the band). But when I wear a greatly padded bra (I usually get a D when going really padded bra) I feel right. So I think I should have at least DD's. then we go onto my tummy, well two things, it's not flat enough, and it's not yet modified by a corset (I've an obsession about those as well). then I go to my butt, and see that it's not good either.
most of this stuff could be fixed, at least a bit, if I could/would exercise more... but I'm lazy, and don't feel comfortable walking where I live (and we have winter 6-9 months of the year, and get plenty of -30c), and don't have a license.
...my post count is embarassingly small. I must admit it. I'm a lurker, rather then a 'poster'

#15 Querdenkerin

Querdenkerin

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

They are just another part of my body. But being attracted to women and all, I like them at others (in an aesthetic way)

#16 Murmur

Murmur

Thought Criminal and ShieldGirl

• AVEN Members
  • 2,396 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Non-Repulsed Asexual

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

I see them as just a part of my body, nothing more.

Exactly. Just useless, pierced lumps of flesh. I'm trying to save up for a double-mastectomy surgery... as soon as I find a doctor that will do one on me. Oh, and that isn't in Venezuela or Thailand or something shady like that.
Tolerable Terror for Toddlers Legionaire, Nixon Division

"I've got a sweet ass & I'm brainier than Kurt Cobain's garage wall." - R.E.

"SaraLee, I say unto you! If ye have a cake and halve it, and then halve it yet again, you would have four quarters and yet still not have a dollar. Eat of that cake, for it is cake which is NOT cake, which ye may have half a mind to have at a reasonable price, yet in indecision achieve satori with said stale Moon Pie. That's what you get when YOU FUCK WITH US." - TGRR

#17 chryl213

chryl213

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Asexual

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

Honestly, they make me feel uncomfortable because society has such a high sexual-value on them... and I don't want people noticing me that way. I wish I didn't have them at all... they just make me feel awkward 90% of the time.

#18 Hayley

Hayley

A-Grade AVENite

• AVEN Members
  • 4,687 posts
  • A/Sexuality:I am what I am.

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

They're just another part of me, and one I'm not all that fond of. My boyfriend is mad about them though.

Furthermore, my daughter is going through a stage of breast obsession. I guess I can kind of see the appeal for her - they might not provide food anymore, but they're squidgy and bounce well. :rolleyes:
GO FOR THE EYES, BOO, GO FOR THE EYES!!

~
Female romantic asexual. In an asexual/sexual relationship.
Busy mama to a renegade toddler.

#19 MadRat

MadRat

Non-human being

• AVEN Members
  • 2,756 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Paranoid sex-repulsed asexual

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

I see my breasts as sexual and private - as much private as genitals.

We must remember wounds so deep
take time to heal,
and sometimes, though we struggle still,
life seems surreal.

(Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World)

#20 Lukar

Lukar

Too Asexy for this Site

• AVEN Members
  • 750 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Alexsexual! :3

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

What's with all the boob threads lately? lol :P

Well, I suppose I find mine sexual sometimes... but in general, I don't really think so. Having them touched by my partner definitely feels sexual though. But that's kinda obvious.
I don't see breasts as that private though. I mean, I wouldn't be the first one to take off my top - I'm too shy for that, I'm afraid - but if I was at, for example, a beach where a good portion of the women were top less, I would feel totally comfortable doing the same.

~life begins at the end of your comfort zone~

#21 Velveteen

Velveteen

Mitosis to the Max

• AVEN Members
  • 335 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Grey Area/Demi

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

Indifferent. I used to flatten them by wearing tops that were too small for me, but I really can't be bothered anymore. They're just 'there'. I think they look out of place on my body though - almost as though they shouldn't be there.
- Let us leave pretty women to men with no imagination.

#22 Mirai19

Mirai19

Amoeba Colony

• AVEN Members
  • 183 posts
  • A/Sexuality:je sais pas

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

As bits of myself go, I quite like mine xD But I would never put them on display like some people do, I'd just feel embarrassed if somebody were to make a comment about them.
Posted Image

"This above all:
to thine own self be true,
and it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man." - William Shakespeare

#23 Lady Heartilly

Lady Heartilly

A-gent

• AVEN Members
  • 1,929 posts
  • A/Sexuality:asexual heteromantic

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Well, it does feel really good to have mine touched and played with, especially when a guy is hugging me from behind. In that respect, I like them because they make me feel good. On the other hand, I don't like showing them because it seems like as soon as a heterosexual man sees boobs, he thinks "I want to have sex with that person so bad right now . . ." and I find that scary because I don't want to have sex or be sought after for it. So, I guess I support keeping them covered, but I like the feeling of being touched there. I don't really get why men can show their nipples and women can't in general, though. I know in some parts of the world, it's allowed. I guess it just depends where you live.
Once upon a time, in a faraway land, there was a beautiful princess who lived happily ever after. What makes her happy? Well, that's entirely up to her.

#24 kochouran

kochouran

Asexy

• AVEN Members
  • 409 posts
  • A/Sexuality:grey-a

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

I'm kind of on the fence about this. On one hand, body parts are body parts. I don't see anything sexual about a woman breast-feeding or walking around topless. A couple of guys in college have grabbed my breasts (while I had a bra on), and I let them because I'm like "Okay whatever. I don't get the big deal. You've felt other people's boobs before."

On the other hand, I do recognize a sexual aspect to breasts, as I get turned on by nipple stimulation and sometimes topless women in erotic photography. My sensitivity to touch makes me self-conscious about going bra-less or topless.

Somewhere in between things

You can also find me here and here .  If you like Japanese music and pop culture, steampunk, burlesque, or extreme sports, I write about all of those.  Just ask and I'll show you the way.

#25 .Finn

.Finn

Master of Loopholes

• AVEN Members
  • 532 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Romantic Asexual

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

For the most part they are just another addition to me. Sometimes they are something that is just in the way, and other times they are a nice aesthetic addition.

I consider them more of a comfort or sensual thing, and would have little to no problem being shirtless around a partner, but I don't personally view them as sexual.
Although I'd be hesitant to go shirtless anywhere public unless others were because I know many people perceive them as sexual.

« Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error. »
Cicero
   « One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood. »
Seneca
   « Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. »
Seneca

#26 theinevitablesmiley

theinevitablesmiley

• AVEN Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

I personally don't like my own. They're just annoying. People tell me how lucky I am to have "Big Boobs" (although personally I never saw them as that big) and it really ticks me off when they say that. I don't want them and I hate it when people notice it. I wouldn't mind trading mine in for smaller ones if it means that people would stop looking at me sexually. In short: no, I don't find them sexual, and I don't really understand why other people do. If anything, I find that they have a certain aesthetic quality on certain women, but that's about it.
That's phenomenological!

#27 Great Thief Yatagarasu

Great Thief Yatagarasu

AVENator

• AVEN Members
  • 3,776 posts
  • A/Sexuality:In the words of Lord British, "I'm not entirely sure."

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

You know what? I really think it depends on the context.

Most of the time, they're just there. They're just another part of my body, and they contribute towards what I look like. I like them sure enough, because they make my clothes call in just the right way and they give my figure just the right curve to make me look just how I've always wanted to look. They contribute to what I think is a pretty package, but they're not necessarily more sexual than my hands, or my face.

...On the other hand, when I DO feel like my breasts are sexual things, it's normally because at that moment in time, I'm viewing my entire body as a sexual body-part. Sex and sexuality aren't just about the "sexy" bits - it's about hands, stomachs, waists, faces, legs, arms, shoulders, backs, buttocks, EVERYTHING. I'll put this next bit in a TMI box:
Spoiler
To sum up, ANY part of the body can be a sexual body part when it's used as a part of a sexual activity.
"I think for the most part I feel asexual, which is a kind like you are not completely attracted to either men or women, is in between spaces which is almost as to be bisexual, because you don't have a real choice. I've been with men, of course, but I love women so much (and you can see it on stage) ...and that's what men think: "oh, this is what women do?" that doesn't make me a lesbian, it's just what happened. But at the same time there's a part that I don't like, and is to don't be on only one side, because it makes me confused. And often I watch all from the outside, and I watch all as it is fine, and I respect it." - Emilie Autumn

Posted Image

Demisexual poly-queer-genderqueer. Yep. Really.

#28 Pax F

Pax F

• AVEN Members
  • 40 posts
  • A/Sexuality:asexual

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

I don't view mine as anything else than "another part of my body" :) other people around me don't seem to be any more interested in them than I am myself :D sometimes when I'm home alone I like to walk around topless :P mine are too small anyway but I usually wear sport bras just so the nipples are not so noticeable through my shirt :D

#29 PSUtatiana

PSUtatiana

Mega Mitosis

• AVEN Members
  • 219 posts
  • A/Sexuality:aromantic (hetero)asexual

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

Nope, they're just there. I actually want a reduction because they serve no purpose. It's not like I want kids! Haha.

#30 soulmatevn

soulmatevn

A-Mazing

• AVEN Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

It's a part of my body. I don't like it big and I don't like bras. I feel very annoyed when others view them in sexual way. And I am afraid of breast cancer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users