Open Call for Asexual Romance Anthology

Good Mourning

I was recently made aware of the cover from this post on tumblr. I also do not like the cover.

I myself have been in the position of needing pictures to symbolically represent asexuality, for the purposes of presentations. Occasionally, I took stock images borrowed from media reports, but I now regret these occasions because I started to see the patterns. Standing apart, looking away from each other, unused beds, pale skin--these are all common tropes, and I don't like what they say. Why not just a picture of a happy couple?

To be honest, I don't think a stock photo is even appropriate for the cover of an anthology. I think something more abstract is appropriate. Some art! Maybe something minimalist. I also think you should reconsider the title font.

Capslock Cadet

Add another one to blatant dislike of the cover art. It looks like the cover for a lesbian relationship help book, not a romance anthology.

Seconded.

This image really fails to portray an asexual relationship, IMO. My suggestion for a cover with a simple, clean design rather than a photo. Something very subtle. Like at most silhouettes of people. Embracing, holding hands, whatever. That kind of cover intrigues the reader.

The cover you have now, well, I don't think it'll intrigue people in the right way, to put it lightly.

cleuchtturm

Add another one to blatant dislike of the cover art. It looks like the cover for a lesbian relationship help book, not a romance anthology.

Seconded.

This image really fails to portray an asexual relationship, IMO. My suggestion for a cover with a simple, clean design rather than a photo. Something very subtle. Like at most silhouettes of people. Embracing, holding hands, whatever. That kind of cover intrigues the reader.

The cover you have now, well, I don't think it'll intrigue people in the right way, to put it lightly.

Thirded.

And Comedia, I love that idea!

Archived