Things That Annoy You

S&D

My brother's girlfriend's family spouting "God" stuff in their FB replies. I called them on it and went on a mini rant. Then I PM'd her saying what I'd done... no offense, but they pissed me off. I just wanted her to know she might have to perform damage control.

MY BAD. :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^^^

The Great WTF

My brother's girlfriend's family spouting "God" stuff in their FB replies. I called them on it and went on a mini rant. Then I PM'd her saying what I'd done... no offense, but they pissed me off. I just wanted her to know she might have to perform damage control.

MY BAD. :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^^^

XD I did something similar a few days ago. A friend from high school tried to call me out when I made a comment about people using religion as an excuse to hate others despite Jesus supposedly teaching love and acceptance. He went on a tirade about how the Bible isn't about teaching "love" it's about teaching God's wishes for humanity. I ended up blocking him and two other very old friends because they kept badgering me.

Recently, people presuming they know something definitive about something, merely because they may have read one or two books or taken a class on it at some point in their lives, and then further making assumptions and wide sweeping claims about that something as if they were an expert, without recognizing their own ignorance or the limitations to their knowledge of it.

cleuchtturm

When people don't bother to find out something for themselves, even though they have the resources.

Member4445

On another forum I asked someone if they wanted to play in a tournament as a team with me and they didn't reply but I know they read the message. That annoys me.

Also people who say 'I'd rather you didn't question my decisions.' A simple 'no' would suffice.

Waist of Thyme

cleuchtturm

That's another thing! People who don't understand that the truth isn't an excuse. It's a reason. A lie would be an excuse.

So, SO many things, but topping out the charts at the moment are ...

Aaat number 3, drivers who indicate way too early before turning. It's almost as bad as not indicating at all.

At number two, Louise Mensch MP. I'm not certain why, but there's something intensely irritating about that woman.

And coming in at number one, being treated like a child by my bank. I am a MR and a SIR, and don't bloody well forget it!

Poppylove

When people try to force me to dance and use the line "Oh come on, it's fun!" even though I'm obviously uncomfortable and don't want to dance.

When people don't use their turn signal or slow down until five feet before the turn.

The looks that some people give you for asking a question, as though you're a complete idiot despite the fact that it'd be more idiotic to sit silently throughout the class not understanding and never trying to.

Being constantly interrupted during a conversation by the same person.

When someone feels entitled to know everything about you even though they have done absolutely nothing to earn that privilege.

To name a few.

When people try to force their religion on me.

When I explain I'm atheist and that I would like to stay the way and they act like I'm trying to convert them.

People who are over emotional.

Close-mindedness.

When people freak out because you don't love there favorite whatever.(Ex.: person- I like blah blah blah me-Ehh..I'm not the biggest fan. I much prefer blah blah blah person-RAHHHH OMG UR A FREAK THERE AMAZING UR SO MEAN U ARE HATING I LOVE THEM U AR SO WRNG!!!!!! IDOIJSIOGJIOSDHIHID!!!!!)

When someone talks to you for five minutes and acts like they know everything about you.

Teachers that give you pointless assignments.

Neon colors.

People who are excessively tan.

When people can't take the hint that you hate them.

When people compare you with others. (Ex.: person- You're a girl and you have hair on your arm!! me- Yeah, most people do. person- Well, blah and blah didn't. You're a freak.)

When people ask for my advice on relationships.

When people answer personal questions for me

People that think everything has some hidden reason or meaning to or behind it. That a couple breaking up or getting divorced is because some mysterious natural/universal force decided that they "weren't meant for each other" and they have to continue searching for a predetermined "right person". As if the universe cares (or can care).

YES! YES! YES! That is my grandma right there. It pisses me off.

Waist of Thyme

Asterion Orestes

Satanic Map of Iceland:

Parents that put their small children on leashes.

My mother's spoken of having a similar reaction back in the 1950s or earlier, telling herself she would never do that! Then along I came, her first little barbarian, & I guess she changed her mind fast enough. (Nothing I can recall, as it occurred in my forgotten Ancient Era.)

• 2 weeks later...
5_♦♣

I just looked through this thread to see if I mentioned it already. I notice I have not.

Seeing the abbreviation of etcetera spelled ect. (It's etc people).

Another while I'm at it, seeing 'there', when given the context, should really be their.

Parents that put their small children on leashes. I've seen this a few times before, the latest being when I went to the aquarium today. I don't understand why it's legal.

I love leashes for kids! Little fuckers need to learn how to "heel"...

I FUCKING LOVE YOUR AVATAR.

The Great WTF

Parents that put their small children on leashes. I've seen this a few times before, the latest being when I went to the aquarium today. I don't understand why it's legal.

I love leashes for kids! Little fuckers need to learn how to "heel"...

I FUCKING LOVE YOUR AVATAR.

I love you, Murmur!

Having said that, as much as I think some kids SHOULD be on a leash, I also don't like the idea of parents putting them on kids simply because, more often than not, when I see a kid on a leash it's because their parents can't get them to behave any other way. Even if it's not always the case, leash=incapable parent in my brain and won't go the hell away.

I love you, Murmur!

Having said that, as much as I think some kids SHOULD be on a leash, I also don't like the idea of parents putting them on kids simply because, more often than not, when I see a kid on a leash it's because their parents can't get them to behave any other way. Even if it's not always the case, leash=incapable parent in my brain and won't go the hell away.

Dawwwww... Murmur loves you too! I have a short, amusing story, but keeping with the thread, I hate frozen carrots.

Now... there's this girl I go to community college with. She is literally a bit over 4-feet tall. She has a male toddler, easily half her size, on a leash when he's not in the daycare. I got to watch a short, but long (see what I did there?) power struggle to get the kid to let go of the railing in front of our smoking section and walk away. It was about 10 minutes of hilarity, then the kid relented and saw something shiny, pulling his half-pint mother behind him. I laughed my ass off... along with the rest of the smoking section. :twisted:

Also, power-drunk mods annoy me.

The Great WTF
I love you, Murmur!

Dawwwww... Murmur loves you too! I have a short, amusing story, but keeping with the thread, I hate frozen carrots.

Now... there's this girl I go to community college with. She is literally a bit over 4-feet tall. She has a male toddler, easily half her size, on a leash when he's not in the daycare. I got to watch a short, but long (see what I did there?) power struggle to get the kid to let go of the railing in front of our smoking section and walk away. It was about 10 minutes of hilarity, then the kid relented and saw something shiny, pulling his half-pint mother behind him. I laughed my ass off... along with the rest of the smoking section. :twisted:

That story wins the internet for the night.

On topic: Dumbass Wal-Mart customers who walk up to me while I'm in my Pizza Hut uniform and aak where stuff is/if I work there.

That story wins the internet for the night.

On topic: Dumbass Wal-Mart customers who walk up to me while I'm in my Pizza Hut uniform and aak where stuff is/if I work there.

I win the intertubes? Yay!!!

I used to have that problem with my Chevron uniform and being at Fred Meyer shopping for myself. Very annoying.

Archived