Things That Annoy You

S&D

At the moment:

-People who are narrow-minded

-People who think what's acceptable for them, isn't for others.

-People who discriminate against everyone, but throw a hissy fit when someone discriminates against them

-My mum's parrot (anyone who owns one will understand)

-Anxiety attacks and feeling like there's something wrong with my heart/lungs (there isn't- hopefully).

-(this has already kinda come up but) People who think mental illnesses are a CHOICE/ personality trait (e.g. 'omg she's so tidy, it's like she has OCD!'/ 'I'm so fat, I might become anorexic'). Or in fact using mental illness in the wrong way on any occasion.

- Slow moving people (who have no reason to walk that slow).

- The British Government

- Reality TV

- JEDWARD!!!!!!!/ Any other talentless idiotic un-entertaining person that thinks they have a reason to be famous.

- One liner comedians.

- People who make crap excuses for not reading books- e.g. 'if a books any good, it'll be made into a film/ TV series' (I have proof against that, TWILIGHT), 'You read?! I don't because I'm not that smart lolololololololol'- both I've had said to be several times.

- The fact that I don't know if everyone I know has changed (for the worse), or I've changed.

-'Know-it-alls' who know nothing

- People thinking that because I'm recovering from depression and have serious anxiety it means they can treat me like I'm five again.

- Materialism

- 'High and mighty' bloggers on Tumblr

- Not being able to remember what else annoys me

I literally could go on for days

People who don't use turn signals to turn/merge until they're in the middle of the act already.

Being in a hurry - applies to everyone, including myself.

People who refuse to pick up after their animals.

Cliffhanger endings.

Being asked if I would like more of <liquid>, replying with, "Just a splash, please", and having my glass filled to the brim before I can react.

500 degree steakhouse plates.

Having so much trouble saying, "No", even when I really want to.

Having something special requested, then going through the trouble to fulfill it, only to be told it is not needed/wanted anymore.

Family fighting over who gets to pay the tab. Loudly.

Boxes/containers with confusing/non-standard labelling.

The argumentative implication that not wanting to have children of your own some day somehow makes your selfish and unreasonable.

The argumentative implication that being happy with what you have doesn't actually mean you are happy - you only think that you are, but you are actually depressed or have otherwise given up on life.

- Materialism

This one is funny.

Lol why do you think it's funny? It's irritating to me, especially when you tell people they don't need the latest gear. Honestly, ask someone why they need the new iPhone (I'm presuming there's one coming out/just out) and they'll bring up so much crap about apps etc. which are not applicable to their own personal life..... BUT IT'S THE IPHONE (*cue angelic singing*) so therefore it has to be bought.

EDIT: Just as I posted this, I heard my mum discussing iPhones and which one she was gunna get... FML.

- Materialism

This one is funny.

Lol why do you think it's funny? It's irritating to me, especially when you tell people they don't need the latest gear. Honestly, ask someone why they need the new iPhone (I'm presuming there's one coming out/just out) and they'll bring up so much crap about apps etc. which are not applicable to their own personal life..... BUT IT'S THE IPHONE (*cue angelic singing*) so therefore it has to be bought.

EDIT: Just as I posted this, I heard my mum discussing iPhones and which one she was gunna get... FML.

People want the newest stuff. It drives progress and makes their lives better.

Guest member25959

When people come up with terms for a word, aka. shortened name. I have 'ace' in mind here. Christ, just say 'asexual', for my sake, please. <_< When it comes to terms and names, I'm more formal, I hate shortening things, I like the full names. Brit, Yank, Oz, etc etc. I hate those.

Princess Flufflebutt

Wet sleeves.

When people interrupt my train of thought by asking what I'm it is that I'm thinking about.

When I know there are more things that annoy me but I just can't think of them.

Boo42069yomomma

Wet sleeves.

When people interrupt my train of thought by asking what I'm it is that I'm thinking about.

Do people seriously ask what you're thinking about?!

5_♦♣

Brit, Yank, Oz, etc etc. I hate those.

What the heck is an Oz?

Australian. Also known as Aussie.

When I remember more things, forget to type them out, then completely forget about them again.

cleuchtturm

Brit, Yank, Oz, etc etc. I hate those.

What the heck is an Oz?

Australian. Also known as Aussie.

Oh. I only knew the Aussie shortening. :unsure:

Beware The Demopan

Anyone who mocks me for being

-either/both a western animation and/or an anime fan

(On a related note, there's that "w***b**" nickname those people use to describe us AFs, it annoys me to no end, I swear. Plus, it's a retarded meme. :( )

-male

-redheaded

-asexual

Bullies piss me off to NO FRICKING END, MAN!!!! DESPICABLE LITTLE B******S!!

Those media watchdogs who demonize cartoons

Them anti-video game activists

Anyone who complains about the "corruptive force" of metal/punk rock

How it's okay for a woman to get away with heinous crimes, not to mention if a man were to attack her in self-defense, he would be the one who gets arrested. :angry: :angry:

Please note I have nothing against anime non-fans, I am very cool with them, but I don't like those who act judgmental to the point where they classify me (and maybe the folks from my school's anime club and/or other fans) as some unholy freak(s) of nature who deserves to die a violent, gruesome death because I(we) like anime, because that's just rude.

And how people mock virgins.

Reason to Censor- Anyone who dares say that word will be paddled like the dickens.

cleuchtturm

People who use the highway as their own personal race way at night and make tons of noise doing it.

Princess Flufflebutt

Wet sleeves.

Do people seriously ask what you're thinking about?!

When I've been staring at the ceiling for some time, yes.

Just come up with another thing that annoys me whilst looking out my window.

People (I say people but it's been women 100% of the time I've seen this) who go to the shop in their pyjamas and dressing gown. I love my jim-jams as much as the next person but it's Monday afternoon for Christ's sake! Does it really take that much of an effort to put a pair of pants on over your pyjama bottoms and a coat?

5_♦♣

Double negatives. (They're the bane of my existence).

Screaming kids in public.

Parents who scream at their screaming kids in public.

Anti intellectualism.

People who go on and on about nothing in particular. I think that's all.

Capslock Cadet

- People with bad table manners. Seriously. Eating with a group of people that talk with their mouths full of food or whatever drives me insane.

- People walking really close behind me. Personal space much?

People who think that a male hitting a female is somehow worse than a male hitting a male, a female hitting a male or a female hitting a female.

Holy hell yes! To no end!

- People with bad table manners. Seriously. Eating with a group of people that talk with their mouths full of food or whatever drives me insane.

Oh god me too! I mean seriously, put your napkin on your lap, hold your fork right, don't put more food on your plate than will fit in your mouth, etc.

Not being given my own space and/or privacy; either by people that don't understand social cues or disregard them.

Oh god me too! I mean seriously, put your napkin on your lap, hold your fork right, don't put more food on your plate than will fit in your mouth, etc.

See, to me, this is just being prissy about how other people want to eat. I like to cross my leg over my other knee and my mother goes out of her way to make me stop because it's "rude". Goddamn, forgive me for trying to be comfortable.

How could you even care about the napkin in the lap? It's not your clothes they'll dirty. And the fork? Really?

How could you even care about the napkin in the lap? It's not your clothes they'll dirty. And the fork? Really?

1. It's not so much about laundering clothes as it is about not wanting to look at your nasty used napkin.

2. Why should it be alright hold your fork in a 'fisted' if it's not alright to hold a pen/cil the same way?

1. It's not so much about laundering clothes as it is about not wanting to look at your nasty used napkin.

2. Why should it be alright hold your fork in a 'fisted' if it's not alright to hold a pen/cil the same way?

If you can make it work, you can hold your pencil however you damn please.

Princess Flufflebutt

See, to me, this is just being prissy about how other people want to eat. I like to cross my leg over my other knee and my mother goes out of her way to make me stop because it's "rude". Goddamn, forgive me for trying to be comfortable.

All this talk about table manners reminded me of one thing that goes on my nerves. Smacking sounds. It's not that people are eating with their mouths open or anything, I wouldn't care how you chew if you can manage to not make smacking sounds, it's just as soon as you notice someone smacking it's just so hard not to hear it. Especially if there are more than one person doing it. Then it's like a choir of smacks and it somehow works louder than it is.

theinevitablesmiley

People who chew with their mouths open. I don't care if you talk with food in your mouth, or even what your other table manners are like, but for goshsake, chew with your mouth closed and stop smacking your lips!

That's really the biggest one.

Archived