Does it disgust you that people think dirty thoughts about you?

imasexyandiknowit

I don't care what others think but I find it 'rude' when someone ask me if I want to have sex with him (happened few times). I just don't know what to say. Unfortunately I can't say no cos I'm asexual, they would try to 'fix' me.

I think it depends. As someone said, it's kind of flattering if someone thinks of me that way. But I don't want to know if someone thinks of me that way. I had an acquaintance a long time ago, that felt it necessary to tell me that I was fantasising about me when he was masturbating, and I think that he was kind of hoping that I would actually help him make those fantasies come true. Oh, did I mention that I was about 20 and he was about 45 <_< So yeah, especially in that case it disgusted me. I can't stop people from having those kinds of thoughts, but I'd rather not know about it.

To be honest, it never occurred to me that other people may be thinking 'dirty' thoughts about me. However, it doesn't bother me too much. I mean, there's nothing I can exactly do about it, so what's the point of getting annoyed or disgusted?

It creeps me out a bit but it's not something I have any control over. It's completely normal that some people will look at me like that. I guess it's part of the human condition like it or not.

Amelia x

Depends how "dirty" it is, I guess. It might make me a little uncomfortable but not total disgust. Depends on the person too.

I'd be uncomfortable no matter who the person is. The uncomfortable scale would vary from person to person.

People have the right to think their own thoughts, no matter how dirty. If they ask me to make them a reality that's where I would have a problem :wacko:

I may feel a bit flattered that they find me attractive, but still feel really awkward. I kind of have the same reaction when someone flirts with me - I feel good about myself but want to get away from the situation at the same time.

It repulses me, because if anyone happened to think of me that way, they would also seem to expect me to think of them that way. They get a look in their eyes. I despise that look.

I'm not exactly beautiful so I'm sure it doesn't happen a lot but the thought of it kind of freaks me out. A few days ago one of my friends, for some absurd reason, decided to describe in detail this nasty dream he had about me and how he wished it could come true. I just felt (and still feel) really violated and insulted because he knows I'm asexual and have no romantic interest in him, but the idea that strangers or acquaintances could be thinking dirty things about me isn't as unpleasant... but still weird.

It mostly weirds me out, because when someone tells me those thoughts (or alludes to them) it's completely unexpected. This might be just because I'm really bad at picking up hints, but even sometimes when I do expect it, I don't feel flattered or anything.

I guess I'm always surprised if someone find me sexually attractive, because I would never think of them that way.

I'm usually indifferent, except in situations where the guy is being blatantly offensive, and then I do feel disgusted.

maryjanewatson

This is one reason why I get repulsed by guys that I find out "like" me. I assume they think of me in a sexual way, and that disgusts me.

Luckily, I am not that attractive of a person, so it doesn't happen often. But unfortunately, I also like to dress in clothes that are school-girl kind of style, and when I find out that a guy is thinking of my dressing that way in a sexual context, it makes me mad and disgusted. I almost stopped dressing that way because I hate that people take it in a sexual way. But I rethought about it, and decided that I want to dress the way I dress because I like the style and am happy when I dress the way I want, so won't cave to what people think. And thinking this, I have cared less what random guys think. If I don't know them personally, they can think of me however they want. But when it comes to a guy I know well, it does disturb me if I know they are thinking of me that way.

I don't think I'd be disgusted. It might be a bit awkward depending on whether it was a close friend, someone I'm not interested in aesthetically or romantically, etc., but I don't find the thought of it occurring appalling. Hell, if it were someone I wanted to date, I might even be flattered (it'd be a good self-esteem booster to my already low self esteem.)

Guest Scarlet Spider

depends what there thinking and if they tell me and how detailed it is, otherwise its a compliment for me :)

That's an interesting answer. Although, i assume you wouldn't be so easy to forgive if they're sexual thoughts directed towards you.

Either way, i like your answer. It's nice and simple. ^_^

I would be offended and feel a little violated. I'm very possessive of my body (even though I don't feel female) and I don't like the idea of other people imagining me naked and fantasizing about doing things to something that doesn't belong to them. Kind of like mental rape...

Sorry if I sound weird.

While I can understand why some people might be offended/disgusted by this, I personally am not. People can think/imagine whatever they want about me since they are entitled to their own thoughts. All I require is that they are respectful and not share those thoughts with me. What goes on in ones head is ones own private business as far as I'm concerned. I kinda feel uncomfortable when I am flirted with/hit on since I really don't find the purpose of it and really don't know how to respond. People always give me a funny look when I say I'm not interested in dating or a relationship.

I would be offended and feel a little violated. I'm very possessive of my body (even though I don't feel female) and I don't like the idea of other people imagining me naked and fantasizing about doing things to something that doesn't belong to them. Kind of like mental rape...

Sorry if I sound weird.

It's totally understandable that you would feel uncomfortable. Even if it is only mental and nothing actually happens, it's still your body.

Sorry if I sound weird.

It's totally understandable that you would feel uncomfortable. Even if it is only mental and nothing actually happens, it's still your body.

thanks for understanding. :cake:

• Like 1

Doesn't bother me at all. Seems like a normal thing to me. I'd probably be uncomfortable if someone I didn't know very well told me about it, but I would be uncomfortable with them telling me, not their actual thoughts.

Doesn't bother me at all. Seems like a normal thing to me. I'd probably be uncomfortable if someone I didn't know very well told me about it, but I would be uncomfortable with them telling me, not their actual thoughts.

I think this is the main point really. Unless one can read minds, the thoughts of others are unknown, so why stress about something that one can only imagine? Half the time (or perhaps most of the time) one would even be completely mistaken anyway!

It makes me feel sick inside that someone could think dirty thoughts about me. I never want anyone to think of me that way, *shudders.* I want someone to like me for who I am, not for what my body can do for them. Can you relate?

Hmm... I think I would feel uncomfortable if I knew for certain that a particular person had dirty thoughts about me.

But I generally don't think about it, as a rule. I know of people who have fancied me, and I never really thought that with those feelings could spawn erotic thoughts. I remember having an online conversation with a male friend (not close; he worked in a video game store and I was a customer and we just happened to get chatting), who was drunk and said he thought I was hot and if I told him where I lived he would quite happily come around and... you know. I just laughed. I probably didn't take it too seriously because he was drunk. If he'd been sober, then maybe I'd have felt more uncomfortable.

I also had a female friend who confessed to having feelings for me. That didn't really bother me either. But I think that's because she told me she had feelings for me, not that she had erotic thoughts about me. I didn't connect the two.

Certainly, if some person came up and said 'I have such dirty thoughts about you' they'd be on my warning list.

I think you should try not to think about that possibility. Imagine how celebreties must feel!

Purnkin Spurce

I know, I'm probably one of the only girls I know that DOESN'T like it when someone things dirty thoughts about me. I don't like the fact they are probably violating me in their minds or making me do things with them that I wouldn't normally do. But also, I will never know who is or how much because thoughts are private and personal. I can't do anything about it, so I don't worry so much about it either.

I don't want to say I am disgusted, because I am not. It does however irk me when I know someone might be thinking dirty thoughts about me. Like, I can't wrap my head around the idea of why someone would be thinking that. Don't they have better things to do with their time? That said as long as I don't know about it I am happy but when I know someone is I get confused on what exactly I am suppose to do with this knowledge. Like, should I be flattered?