Photo

Apple or Android?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Apple or Android? (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one do you prefer?

1. Apple (16 votes [47.06%])

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

2. Android (18 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Vdougie

Vdougie

A fan of Mario and Nintendo

• AVEN Members
  • 2,759 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Aromantic Asexual

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

Although, I do not own either Apple or Android devices, I'm just wondering what you guys prefer.

If I had the choice between Apple and Android phones/tablets, I think I would choose Android, because Android devices can run flash, and Apple doesn't. Plus, I have heard that Android has better apps.

#2 dino-saw

dino-saw

Amoeba Colony

• AVEN Members
  • 165 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Asexual

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

I have an android phone, and it's really easy to use, so I said android :) I know iphones are pretyy easy as well, but my phone is easier to understand than my friends iphones, so I prefer it! (also it was a lot cheaper, which is always good!)

#3 PerfectlyDarkTails

PerfectlyDarkTails

At Least I'm Still Perfect...

• AVEN Members
  • 5,691 posts
  • Pronouns:He - They/Them
  • A/Sexuality:Aromantic Asexual - Bi & Fetishist

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

I have an Apple phone. I find it is much more user intuitive than the android. It runs a lot faster and has much more of a choice of apps. The apple phone functions more as a computer hence the higher price. 

#4 CBC.Radio.Girl

CBC.Radio.Girl

Resident batshit crazy tea addict.

• AVEN Members
  • 14,359 posts
  • Location:Getting snuggled by a straitjacket in a padded room.
  • A/Sexuality:Bi/pan/whatever-romantic and not a very sexual person.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:29 AM

Well I have no experience with Android, but I'm quite fond of my trusty iPhone, so I'll go with Apple.

(Ah, poor BlackBerry... fallen by the wayside. I was obsessed with my good ol' BB when I first got it. And without it, I likely wouldn't have ever started posting on AVEN again, a little over four years after I first joined this site. My BB was my only source of home internet connection at that time.)
you always know just who you are
you never needed someone else
to realise yourself

Posted Image

#5 Alexander C

Alexander C

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Heteroromantic Asexual

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

I love Android 4 stock. It has a much more unified design than previous versions and it is so fast.

The iPhone... the software is nice and fluid and fast, plus there is great developer support but the interface is just so ugly...

#6 Strider

Strider

Amoeba Colony

• AVEN Members
  • 135 posts
  • A/Sexuality:asexual homo-romantic

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

I used to have an iPod touch until last year and I own a galaxy tablet atm so I have experience with both OCs and maybe I'm one of the few people who likes them both! Honestly, I can't really say anything bad about iOS and I'm currently enjoying Android a lot :P

#7 HMS Mole

HMS Mole

Mega Mitosis

• AVEN Members
  • 208 posts
  • A/Sexuality:asexual, panromantic

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:49 AM

I went from a droid to an iPhone and would never go back! I love the iPhone more, it's quicker and easier to use and the battery seems to last a lot longer and charge much faster (though I don't know if that's typical or if I just had a bad battery in my droid).

I also got an iPad recently which I LOVE to death!

I'm not even an Apple fan, really. I *loathe* iTunes, don't care much for any of the iPods I've owned over the years, and I wouldn't trade in my pc for a mac any day.

#8 5_♦♣

5_♦♣

Asexy & Precise Timenerd

• AVEN Members
  • 24,896 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Polyamorous hetero A

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:19 AM

Since I now have a tablet, I finally voted in the poll. Needless to say, I picked android.

For cars she couldn't care less. Fastidious and precise-Queen.  

"Without death all we have are random events, accumlation. You can't call that life"-CC.

Also known as: 5DC, 5, DC, DCC, Diamond(s), Club(s), CC, C2, CCCD, CD, CoD, 5d, 5oD, Clubsie, Clubbles.

Call me Cookie and you die-Me paraphrasing Dot somewhat.

#9 Rocket

Rocket

A-Mazing

• AVEN Members
  • 88 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Aromantic asexual

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

I own an iPhone, but I've gotten to play with a friend's Android phone a few times. Gotta say iPhone's way easier (for me) to use. So, Apple.

"Never tell anyone to be careful, never ask what that noise was, and for the love of God, never, ever say that you'll be right back." - Seanan McGuire

"I've always been told to remember this: Don't let a fool kiss you, never marry for love." - Tom Waits, Dead and Lovely

NaNoWriMo | @VeraLGrey

#10 Ace McHeeb

Ace McHeeb

Asexy Samurai

• AVEN Members
  • 839 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Aromantic Asexual

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

I prefer Android. It gives me more control over my user experience. Steve Jobs had said that his goal is to give people a greater user experience by taking away their control over the environment. (Or something to that effect.) I don't agree with that. Nobody knows what I like better than me, so why would I entrust someone else with COMPLETE CONTROL over my UE?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 imemyself

imemyself

Bring me more souls when you can.

• AVEN Members
  • 273 posts
  • Pronouns:imemyself
  • A/Sexuality:Something Heteroasexual.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

I have both iPhone and Android, I prefer my iPhone; For me iPhone is much better in terms of usability and also is much more intuitive. The only thing I do not like about this iPhone 4 is the square design, I hate the fact that it is square.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users