Do you masturbate?

erm...i do. it comes once in a blue moon, that silly urge...but it usually starts when i'm extremly bored. i've tried new ways though. masturbation is supposedly banned in islam thus i feel bad after i do it...

This is very common in cults. I have had a number of mormon friends who have needed years of therapy to get over their sex hangups. Many of them felt such guilt that they would lock themselves in the bathroom and cry for hours after sex or masturbation. This is a very unhealthy situation in which to live so it would be a very good idea to switch religions and get some professional help asap if it bothers you that much. There is no reason for you to live your life in guilt about a normal bodily function.

I'm frigid, how on earth is Islam a cult?

Ask anybody who lives under sharia law.

No legitimate religion advocates stoning women to death for expressing their sexuality.

But it is still a religion. It may not be one you approve of, or belong to, but it is still a religion.

It is a destructive cult. Not unlike scientology, jonestown, falun dafa, or the branch davidians. Legitimate religions don't mutilate and kill women, fly planes into skyscrapers, or blow up commercial airliners.

Is·lam Pronunciation Key (s-läm, z-, släm, z-)

n.

1. A monotheistic religion characterized by the acceptance of the doctrine of submission to God and to Muhammad as the chief and last prophet of God.

1. The people or nations that practice Islam; the Muslim world.

2. The civilization developed by the Muslim world.

Doesn't say anything about a cult...

It may be an extremist religion, but is is still one.

cult Audio pronunciation of "cult" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (klt)

n.

1. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.

Who is the leader? Perhaps mohammed, perhaps OBL, perhaps local clerics.

Are we forgetting that not all Muslims are fundamentalist extremists? Sheesh, when 9/11 happened, Muslims the world over denounced the attacks and charged that those who carried them out were not true Muslims. Have you even bothered getting to know any Muslims personally and asking them about their faith and what it means to them?

I'm tired of all this Islam= suicide bombing, women-stoning fanatics nonsense. Fundamentalist Muslims do not represent Islam any more than fundamentalist Christians represent all of Christianity. Where's the tolerance, people?!

Sheesh, when 9/11 happened, Muslims the world over denounced the attacks and charged that those who carried them out were not true Muslims.

I didn't see those guys, but I did see them on tv dancing in the streets and burning US flags.

It certainly does seem that most muslims agree with the core values of the quran:

http://www.ntpi.org/html/whyoppose.html

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Quran.htm

http://www.prophetofdoom.net/prologue.html

I burn US flags and I´m not a muslim. Well, I´ve repressed the urge until now, but I´m saving rage until November.

Kombucha2000
Are we forgetting that not all Muslims are fundamentalist extremists? Sheesh, when 9/11 happened, Muslims the world over denounced the attacks and charged that those who carried them out were not true Muslims. Have you even bothered getting to know any Muslims personally and asking them about their faith and what it means to them?

I'm tired of all this Islam= suicide bombing, women-stoning fanatics nonsense. Fundamentalist Muslims do not represent Islam any more than fundamentalist Christians represent all of Christianity. Where's the tolerance, people?!

I agree.

and "i'm frigid", saying all Muslims are radical and fundamentalists is like saying all Christians bomb abortion clinics, burn and torture witches, and are basically like Jerry Falwell. And that's a bunch of bullshit. Every religion has its spectrum. Islam is a religion. Where do you think Judaism and Christianity came from?

Do you masturbate? I don't.

I am glad I found this site, btw. :)

Yes i do.. when i'm not busy about 4 times a day. is that even 'normal' for someone who's asexual? Hmm.. lol. I like the feeling, so why not do it a lot :wink:

Cate Perfect
V: Dubya comes over.

Condolences.

Cate

Well, it's only the first time. At least I don't have him near most of the time.

And we've got the hell of an excuse for a welcome party!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

(perhaps a little explicit?)

I'm now going to play the back on topic game.

Anyway, I've never really understood the tactics involved in female masturbation, and I've never really tried. However, about once a day, usually right after I climb into bed, I give myself a really good, thorough scratching. My vagina just gets so itchy during the day, it feels good to scratch. My nghtly scratchings give me such an intense pleasure, although I think it's more just a really good feeling I get from scratching a place that has been itchy all day, but is considered uncouth to scratch in public, rather than a sexual feeling.

never have, never thought about trying it either. i'm not disgusted by the thought of sex, i'm just totally uninterested. i feel like my hormones never matured to "adulthood". :|

Not exactly, but everyday :roll:

(a little explicit explanation)

I stimulate the area (with my underwear on), but to relieve pressure. I stop way before the orgasm, because it's not the goal. I can't sleep if I don't do it, I've been doing it since I was less than 10, I can't even remember when did I start :? I used to think about it as a punishment, and still now, if I try to think about something pleasurable meanwhile, it won't work (but since I need sleep... Oh, well :roll: ) I've tried to go further too, but I can't.

Erm just a thought but Albinox started this topic over a week ago and hasn't posted since.....

I don't want to point fingers but... troll?

Erm just a thought but Albinox started this topic over a week ago and hasn't posted since.....

I don't want to point fingers but... troll?

I dont think so. I could be wrong, but usually trolls try and start up serious controversy.

Besides, a lot of new folks have asked this same question and then gone on to become regular contributors.

In this particular case, I wouldn't care about the poster's intention. If Albinox is/was a troll, he/she missed the point completely, cause this is a valid question asked in a civil manner. An old question, though.

Okay Albinox if you're out there I'm sorry if I called you a troll and you aren't one. :oops:

Post again, this subject has generated a lot of responses.

In answer to your question, yes.

***WARNING - A little explicit in places***

[snip]

I went across to ChristianForums today, I go there occasionally and they were talking about masturbation and how it's a sin and that one shouldn't masturbate but instead turn one's feelings towards God and that he will help to 'convict' you of them. Hence why I'd make a lousy Christian, that and the fact that I don't believe. I do quite like it there, must be the layout as a lot of the attitudes do leave a great deal to be desired. Still, I'll be back there soon I should imagine.

Right, I'm done rambling. Thanks for listening :D

That all is routed in medieval natural law philosophy. I don't know why completely Bible-based groups hold masturbation as a sin. Masturbation is nowhere forbidden in the Bible. Onan, of happy memory was killed for another reason entirely.

boa

not to be an obnoxious nerd, ( and it's possible that somone already mentioned this) but actually the old testament does outlaw, "a man spilling his seed upon the ground" ( i think it's in leviticus) so actually it does, for men anyway. or it does if there is ejaculation involved. doesn;t say anything about women though.

But it is still a religion. It may not be one you approve of, or belong to, but it is still a religion.

hey me being a nerd again. and i know this argument is over. but.... all religions begin as cults. some just get big and popular enough to become religions. and if you want to get into weird stuff happening in the name of religion equalling cult, then you might want to look to the inquisition, the crusades, the witch trials and whatnot. all weird violent stuff that took place under the direction of a "legitimate religion" we call christianity.

Oh and no i don;t masturbate. i have tried about three or four times and it always brings up extremely unpleasant reactions in me. I'd rather go to taekwondo and fight somone. :wink:

biggreenmonkey

hey me being a nerd again. and i know this argument is over. but.... all religions begin as cults.

Exactly! I mean, look at Mormonism. It definitely began as a cult, and look at it now. I know a lot of people still consider it a cult, but in sheer... public acceptance and numbers, I guess, you'd call it a religion.

Archaeologists don't tend to use the word religion.

Cult get used as does ritual.

They just don't like ascribing that kind of thing onto civilisations in the past even if there bear all the hallmarks of it.