Fluctuating testosterone levels?

SorryNotSorry

SorryNotSorry

Anyone know if it's possible for a man's testosterone levels to roller-coaster within a matter of weeks? About 3 weeks ago, I noticed my beard had been growing faster than usual because I had to shave more often... then it slowed down and went back to normal.

Azure.Providence

It can fluctuate as a result of some medical conditions. Are you getting extreme mood swings? That often comes along with rapid hormone fluctuations. Or perhaps changes in libido?

Maybe your beard just had a good few weeks

I feel mine is fluctuating my libido will drop off all of a sudden it could have something to do with a failed vasectomy for me never have the beard thing, you will find mood swings no energy and feeling like poop if you have low T again a lovely trans person may be able to help a bit better but this is how i have felt for some time

Sarcastic_Morteo

Cortisol, the stress hormone, can interfere with testosterone. Were you especially stressed out for a period and then it went away?

• 3 weeks later...

This is something I read in a newspaper I consider a trash:

It said that after your soccer team loses the match your testosterone level can drop and affect the growth of your beard.

This is something I read in some internet forum:

"No sex and red meat for a year" as an acne treatment or a part of acne treatment.

I have heard athletes avoid sex.I have heard arguments against it too but if one is an athlete one knows better than the doctors, especially when one gets or omits to get a medal.Same goes for ejaculation- some doctors deny it but if one feels bad after it or if one's acne develops rapidly then...

I have heard from 2 or 3 places about testosterone level being highest in the morning, some people train then for increasing maximally the muscle mass but I am telling you this because you are a man, I don't know if women's testosterone level is highest in the morning too.

Another thing is that bodybuilders grow hair and nails fast.Eating proteins may speed their growth, there are also some supplements that contain things stimulating the growth of "healthy nails" and "strong hair" and as far as I remember they contained specific vitamins and elements so it's possible that your diet is responsible.

I know there are some cycles(circadian) of the body which are 24 hour cycles.I know modern people seldom pay attention to them but these cycles are responsible for the healthy functioning of the whole body.

The key word is cycle- something positive as exercising in the wrong time of the day may turn negative.

Same goes for the rest, for example I heard the growth hormone is produced in a great amount in our sleep from like 22:00 to like 1:00 AM so if one goes to bed at 3:00 AM I guess they are destined to miss it.

oneofthesun

I have heard athletes avoid sex.

Only before an event, which makes sense from an energy conservation perspective.

I have heard from 2 or 3 places about testosterone level being highest in the morning, some people train then for increasing maximally the muscle mass but I am telling you this because you are a man, I don't know if women's testosterone level is highest in the morning too.

It is AFAIK.

oneofthesun you first need to post something that's contradicting this:

Testosterone levels increase by 45% after one week without ejaculation, and stay at that level until ejaculation.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12659241

oneofthesun then you need to post another thing because up to the point of the first contradiction it would be 50-50.

After all that is done you can ride the "Only before an event, which makes sense from an energy conservation perspective. "

Apart from that- if you have a problem with me you could address a moderator.

Testosterone levels in most men fluctuate a lot on an hourly basis.

But rates of beard growth are affected by more than testosterone levels. If you were shaving the rest of your head, you'd probably notice a big difference in the rate of that hair growth at different times too.

oneofthesun

oneofthesun you first need to post something that's contradicting this:

Testosterone levels increase by 45% after one week without ejaculation, and stay at that level until ejaculation.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12659241

oneofthesun then you need to post another thing because up to the point of the first contradiction it would be 50-50.

After all that is done you can ride the "Only before an event, which makes sense from an energy conservation perspective. "

Apart from that- if you have a problem with me you could address a moderator.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Athletes don't have sex because they want their testosterone levels to be higher, is that it? If so that is interesting. But does it actually help? I went all the way from female testosterone levels to male ones and I don't think it improved my athletic performance.

I know of a man that was not allowed to participate in sports events because of his doping test results.

It took him time to get analyzed and diagnosed with some medical condition that manifests itself in high testosterone levels.

Then with that diagnose he was allowed to participate.

So by international sports organizations testosterone is considered something which affects the performance of athletes.

Testosterone only affects your strength if you work out. Then it increases the returns you get on the workout. So if you don't work out, testosterone's not gonna do anything to your muscles other than make them retain more water (which will make them look bigger but not be stronger).

But that a sports association bans the use of testosterone doesn't prove that they think it affects athletic performance; it usually means that they think the players might think that, and that they think the substance is dangerous. Insulin use is also banned and in some sports tested for.

oneofthesun

I know of a man that was not allowed to participate in sports events because of his doping test results.

It took him time to get analyzed and diagnosed with some medical condition that manifests itself in high testosterone levels.

Then with that diagnose he was allowed to participate.

So by international sports organizations testosterone is considered something which affects the performance of athletes.

Sorry, when I hear athletic performance I think cardiovascular. I'm not sure if testosterone improves that, though it's a possibility because the heart is made of muscle.

Archived