hot pink or cotten candy pink

tadkitty

so after my grans 80th birthday i want to do my hair pink but i can not chose between hot pink or cotton candy pink. your thoughts would be helpful.

clarinetchick

I'm going to say hot pink.

My two cents are if you want to dye your hair a bright color, go all the way, don't dye it a pastel/light color... go bold, vibrant, and rock the hot pink!

I've died my hair pink a couple of times before. I'd say go for hot pink. Eventually the hot pink will fade and turn more of a cotton candy color. If you die it cotton candy to begin with, it tends to fade quickly. So unless you're only wanting to keep the pink hair for a very short period of time, hot pink is the way to go.

Cotton candy pink-I'm not being contrary, that was my first thought upon seeing the title.

Though, one thing I don't get is: Why is the PT pink and not purple? After all, purple is an official Asexual color, the PT do Asexual visibility work. So, therefore, the PT really should have purple member titles.

I've dyed my hair red with fudge, and it faded to a bright, vibrant hot pink. As you can see in my avatar. So, I'm biased, but I'll still say hot pink.

Truthfully, whatever goes best with your skin tone.

(For example, pink in general doesn't really compliment my skin colour so I shy away from it in almost anything that goes on me; some people might look quite good with lighter pink hair, others might go better with hot pink, while others might pull of both or neither)

Sorry for not being more helpful =/

Agreed with the above and I'll say what matches best with your skin tone....but if I had to chose I'd say hot pink xD

Hot pink! The colour I do mine :P

Also, for the record, hot pink stays in a much longer time, cotton candy fades fast.

Just saying xD

The Chaos Heart

Pink is an ugly colour. Go with a deep, royal purple. *shot for unpopular, off-topic opinion*

If you're going to pick a pink though, I suggest the darker Hot Pink.

Hey, CH... I rock the dark purple on occasion. Like right now. ^_^

OP, do you want to look like Stephanie from LazyTown? THAT'S hot pink. Cotton candy pink is more of a pastel color.

Just my two copper.

I suspect the cotton candy pink will look paler in your hair than on the palette. Hot pink will ensure you aren't running around with cream after 2 weeks.

loopytheone

Hot pink will be easier to colour for you. Pale colours are difficult to colour smoothly over hair even if it has been bleached before hand and the colour fades quicker. Though at least pale pink will make less of mess on the pillows when it starts to come out than hot pink will. :P

• 3 weeks later...

What did you do at the end? :unsure:

Did you ended looking like this?

pink-kitty.jpg

I have to wait until after my grans 80th birthday which is in about a month i am going to go hot pink though.

SorryNotSorry

I'm partial to rose pink. :wub:

What did you do at the end? :unsure:

Did you ended looking like this?

pink-kitty.jpg

Never have I come across a picture that both made me go 'aw' and LMAO at the same time.

Nico-Nico Friendo

The Vocaloid Megurine Luka looks cool with cotton candy pink hair . . .

Archived