Your Preferred Teas?

Rebuilder

Darjeeling, bancha, sencha and black (spice) chai. I also love Earl Greys for cold tea. But mostly Darjeeling. Can't stand fruit teas unless it's orange (hot) or strawberry (cold). They always smell better than they taste.

What exactly is chai? There is a tea I want to try called Vanilla Chai, but I have no idea what the heck it is...

It's basically tea with spices. Vanilla chai is black tea flavored with spices and vanilla.

reverse_thrust

As far as tea teas go: Irish Breakfast, Earl Grey, loose leaf green

Lately I've been moving to tisanes, particularly ones I can grow in my own backyard. Some of my favorites: Yerba Mate; Rooibos (maybe with some dried blueberries thrown in); cinnamon basil; lemon balm; malotira; rose hip and lavender, roselle hibiscus, chamomile; peppermint; lemongrass, ginger, and honey;

Radioactive Goat

Anybody have any suggestions for good, easy to find teas? I've been wanting to try something new, and accessibility is kind of an issue for my parents since they don't like going out of their way (a.k.a the town) to get just one thing.

chinese green tea of course such as dragonwell tea. But recently i come to love woolong~

I've been teased for liking Earl Grey, as it's apparently "old people tea". I also have bags of Chocolate Mint, Banana, and Mango-flavoured tea. Green tea is pretty good, although I find it weak.

Leit Að Lífi

I'm a tea freak. In my house at the moment I have 29 different types of tea!!

My absolute favourite is Twinings Loose Leaf Assam tea, made by my dad in his cast iron teapot - which he pre-warms on the stove. He always wakes me up with a cup when I'm in Manchester. :)

Here in Wales I drink Paned Cymraeg - Welsh Brew in the morning.

I'm overly sensitive to caffeine so in the afternoon/early evenings it's Redbush tea with milk (in the winter) or fruity teas (in the summer)

If I'm revising, green tea with lemon.

At night I drink camomile tea (and sometimes use it to bring out the natural blonde streaks in my hair!)

Every so often I'll also whip up my own batch of Chai tea by boiling water and milk for 15 minutes with the following:

4 black peppercorns,

3 cardamon pods,

1 or 2 star anise,

1 cinnamon stick,

a piece of fresh ginger,

a sprinkle of fennel seeds

I then strain the bits and bobs out and brew the mixture with some loose leaf assam tea, then add a spoonful of sugar and drink! Well worth the effort, I highly recommend it :)

Anybody have any suggestions for good, easy to find teas? I've been wanting to try something new, and accessibility is kind of an issue for my parents since they don't like going out of their way (a.k.a the town) to get just one thing.

You can find most teas online nowadays if you're up for online shopping, otherwise I'd say the easiest to find teas depends on your location - in the UK PG Tips is probably everywhere but in the US there's more Lipton... Twinnings is a good "pricier" brand that's easier to find in the UK, Bigelow is probably in the same range in the US.

The first two brands are your basic black teas, the second set of brands are going to have a variety of flavors like Earl Grey, Mint, English Breakfast, Chamomile, Green Tea, etc. Twinnings Lady Grey is a personal favorite, but I don't know how easy it is to find in stores.

Anyone else on Steepster? I'm addicted to logging and rating the teas I drink. The reviews are great for finding new teas too.

Touchofinsight

There is a brand called tazo I think that does some really good tea, I enjoy it from time to time :)

cleuchtturm

Anyone else on Steepster? I'm addicted to logging and rating the teas I drink. The reviews are great for finding new teas too.

I was wondering when someone would mention Steepster! They can be pretty tough critics on that site.

I've just been drinking plain old black tea and sometimes Chamomile or Ginger for the longest time. And then I ventured out and bought some Earl Grey Tea (I don't try new things very often :P). I can't believe it's taken me this long. I'm in love with it.

reverse_thrust

Lately I've been moving to tisanes, particularly ones I can grow in my own backyard. Some of my favorites: Yerba Mate; Rooibos (maybe with some dried blueberries thrown in); cinnamon basil; lemon balm; malotira; rose hip and lavender, roselle hibiscus, chamomile; peppermint; lemongrass, ginger, and honey

I'm envious of your backyard! :P I miss living in the countryside and having a herb garden.

Haha, I'm not growing all of those for tea. Roselle hibiscus isn't worth the effort since it's a hot weather plant, I definitely don't have the time for roses since I'm renting, and while I'm currently (trying) to grow Yerba Mate, tea (Camellia sinensis), and Rooibos, they will never produce a tea-quality crop, as it's the higher altitudes and slow growth that make for a premium tea...

I tend to like most any tea I pick up, but I feel like licorice root tea is deserving of special mention, since I didn't pick up on it while scanning through here. Especially while it is still hot (I actually drink most of my tea while it's lukewarm instead...)

Fainting In Coils

I'm from Texas, and we drink a ton of iced tea here. I don't know what that is--black tea, I think?--but I drink a lot of it. Sweet, unsweet, lemon or not, I'm not picky.

I'm also fond of loose-leaf jasmine tea, served plain; and of chamomile or Sleepy Time blend, served with a tiny amount of honey and a generous splash of milk. Delicious!

I really like genmaicha (green tea with roasted brown rice) - I like the fuller flavor the brown rice adds, and it also seems milder/less bitter than other green teas.

I usually just get yamamoto brand because it's cheap and easy to obtain in large quantities.

Oooooh, I effin' love some genmaicha. Not as much as lapsang souchong. but it is a very close second. The first time I had it was in a 24 hour tea shop in Washington, on the recommendation of the cutest tea meister ever ^v^ Anyway, I haven't read the rest of this thread yet, but I saw what I came for ; D

You're my favorite person of the day for reminding me how much I love love love genmaicha, though. :cake:

I like most teas, as long as they are sweet and delicious.

My favorite is lychee with rose. Besides that I'm not much of a fan of the fruity teas. I like more of the herbal tasting teas.

There is a great company, Stash Teathat you can shop their extensive collection of black, green and herbal teas on line. In green teas, I am fond of both their Moroccan Mint Green teas and their Jasmine Blossom Green Tea.

In their herbal line, I love the Wintermint and the Cranberry/Pomegranate teas. Their Acai berry tea is delicious as well.

Notte stellata

Pretty much any kind of green tea (but I prefer stronger kinds), jasmine green tea, chrysanthemum tea, unsweetened iced tea (better with lemon), earl grey...There are still many kinds of tea I'd like to try.

What I don't like is adding milk and sugar in tea. To me that ruins the tea. :lol:

I recently tried this delicious Japanese green tea mix, which includes green tea leaves, brown rice, white rice, this orange rice, and cranberries. Yum.

• 2 months later...

My current favorite is Boricha, or Korean Barley Tisane. It smells like workhorses and crude but sturdy workmanship and harvest time. Koreans rarely add honey to it, but I find it goes wonderfully.

The-district-sleeps

I am in love with Irish breakfast tea ^_^

any breakfast tea for that matter...

Archived