Your Preferred Teas?

Rebuilder

Batman tea.

photo-37536.jpg

**stops joking**

Um... My first choice would be iced tea, but I'm not sure if that's valid... Oh well. My second choice would be the tea my grandma drinks, and I don't know what it is... :wacko: I'll tell you if I ever know, though!

Mezzo Forte

I have a soft spot for any well made green tea, but I enjoy most types of teas. I sometimes make fruit teas of sorts, but my family buys this one tea called African Nectar that we tend to always have available. I think it's mostly a floral tea, but it's very mild and I enjoy it quite a bit.

How have I not seen this thread until now :blink:

I loooooooooooooooove green tea, Earl Grey, peppermint tea...

Actually my favorite is this lychee tea that I found once but I can't find it anymore :(

But to be honest, besides iced tea there's only one type of tea that I found I didn't like.

cleuchtturm

How have I not seen this thread until now :blink:

I loooooooooooooooove green tea, Earl Grey, peppermint tea...

Actually my favorite is this lychee tea that I found once but I can't find it anymore :(

But to be honest, besides iced tea there's only one type of tea that I found I didn't like.

What tea is it? There are a few herbal concoctions I can't stand. I usually like herbal tea, but some are just horrible.

I may or may not have enough herbal tea for a small army :ph34r:

It's this blueberry tea. I mean I like blueberries but I guess I didn't like the blend.

cleuchtturm

I have a large handful of herbal teas I have no intention of drinking. Including one that has fruit juice in it. :blink:

Sunshine&Foxes

I pretty much love ALL tea!!! Except iced tea. But I especially like green teas and mint teas :3 fruity teas are also fun!

DracoBorealis

I always have a selection of about 30 varieties at home. I'm a tea-totalist ^_^

I usually drink black tea in the morning, green tea during the day and herbal infusions (most of which are my own hand-picked mixes) in the evening.

Right now my favorites are lapsang souchong, lotus green tea by Forsman and matcha.

LittleMissRaindrop

I like pretty much every kind of tea but if I have to choose, I would say Earl Grey's or Lipton's black tea.

concolor_cat

I like Earl Grey and Orange Pekoe is good too but I think it can't be steeped as long (I don't remember though; I'm more into coffee). What PREMIUM teas are there besides Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe, that compare to coffees such as 100% Kona, 100% Jamaican Blue Mountain, and 100% Sumatran Civet Coffee???.....I imagine if the tea was flowery you might to steep it for a shorter time and use more tea, which would make it quite expensive.

• 1 month later...

I am a bit of a tea snob, to be honest. :blush: I mostly drink loose leaf tea (Taylors of Harrogate is my usual brand), and I like both green tea and black tea. With green tea I tend to drink Gunpowder Green, but there are a whole lot of different black teas I like, most of them flavoured - Stockholm Blend, Strawberry Cream, Blood Orange, French Earl Grey, and others. Our cupboard at home is always filling up with tins of different varieties of tea, lol.

All that said, though, if I am in a hurry, or desperate for a cup of tea and can't be bothered to make any effort, I usually go for a Dilmah brand green or ceylon tea bag. :)

• 2 weeks later...
akanesarumara

I usually drink Sir Morton's Garzon or Earl Grey, but their English and Ceylon teas are great, too. Talking about Twinnings, I loved their Earl and Lady Grey teas, and Darjeeling wasn't bad, either.

If ice teas count, I either pick Nestea or Rauch Ice Tea, in peach or lemon flavours (lemon more for the times when I really need something to cool me down).

Hidden121232341

Now this is my kind of thread! I have over time drank a huge variety ranging from matcha teas to Darjeeling, yet the teas I come back to on a daily basis are PG tips and Earl grey. Though I think that’s mainly due to the quantity of tea I drink, since I get through expensive tea bloody quick. I do love Ceylon and English breakfast, but I only drink it when it takes my fancy.

Now that my random post about tea is over I'm beginning to feel a little parched . . .

~Blank

Tea addicts unite!

My all-time favorite is hot Earl Grey. I'm partial to the Bigelow and Twinings brands.

My father brought home some local black Ugandan tea for me during his last visit there, by far the best tea I've ever had. But prior to that, and after I run out, a good cup of Earl Grey is what I like to enjoy the most. I haven't settled for a single brand.

One of the guys at work has got me in to Lemon and Ginger, now I am absolutely hooked. :)

White and green tea are my favorites and the different varities. Like white with orange blossom, or mango/peach. This store Teavana has the best loose leaf tea and they always have free samples. :D It's the best. I think the only tea I've had that I didn't like is this raspberry pomegranate we have and this mushroom tea I had in Japan, that one was really just awful I don't think anyone liked it. I did try iced earl grey too, it wasn't very good. It's probably better hot.

Matcha is super delicious too, especially since it's also used to flavour a lot of things. (Like green tea ice cream yum!)

Princess Flufflebutt

I found out that lemon and ginger make good tea.

I like Earl Grey a lot. Lately I am buying loose tea and herbs and mixing my own mad-scientist-type concoctions, I do it differently for every cup. I have various herbs supposed to be good for nausea and digestion, because the meds I'm on make me nauseous.

TheLinguist

I've been getting loose leaf tea from a place called Shang's and it is AMAZING. My favorites so far are White Peony King (white tea) and Tangerine Blossom (a red tea). I've been experimenting with other white teas, jasmine dragons, and other types from that place too. However, I've decided I don't really like green tea all that much, though. The flavor and smell are WAY too strong.

When it comes to tea bags, I prefer Orange Spice and English Breakfast. The latter especially with milk and sugar, yum!

Archived