Your Preferred Teas?

Rebuilder

I am almost certain this thread has been made before, but for the 2012 Edition, what are your favourites when it comes down to Brews?

I'll go first:

**Large attachments alert**

lipton-yellow-tea-bags-200gr.jpg

Or these:

Tetley_Tea_216baG__95727_zoom.jpg

Discuss...

I'm too lazy to find pictures, but my absolute favorite tea is Twining's African Red Rooibos. I love all kinds of teas, but that one is my favorite.

Chrysanthalis

I like the white chai stuff from Teavana. A lot of restaurants in my area seem to use it as well.

Princess Flufflebutt

Really, I read the topic's title as You Preferred Tears? But Chamomile is probably the best kind of tea I have tasted and it doesn't keep me up at nights. Otherwise I am not that picky on teas. I have yet to have a cup of tea I have not liked.

I like plain old English Breakfast Tea the most. Followed closely by matcha. No particular brand, though.

Anyone ever mixed together peppermint tea and earl grey together? It's really good. =)

I typically drink Either Ginseng or Ginkgo Biloba tea. The ginkgo tea is from the Yogi brand. The seem to work to keep me awake for longer nights/days. I have come to admire their tastes too.

My cupboard contains Early Grey, Constant Comment, Chamomile, Chamomile and mint, English Teatime, Lipton's orange pekoe, Green, and the rooibos I mentioned earlier. There are tons I want to try though. :)

I really like genmaicha (green tea with roasted brown rice) - I like the fuller flavor the brown rice adds, and it also seems milder/less bitter than other green teas.

I usually just get yamamoto brand because it's cheap and easy to obtain in large quantities.

I like strong black teas, so Assam or English Breakfast for me.

Failing that, something a little more mundane like Yorshire Tea or the aforementioned Tetley's.

Since being introduced by CBC to tea, I'm partial to Twinings English Breakfast or Earl Grey (loose leaf of course!). As far as some of the bagged tea, I've enjoyed some of the Tetley Bold and the Tazo Chai (bagged or loose) and bunches of other mixes. I like some herbal teas as well but they usually have to be peppermint-y or cinnamon-y in some way.

I like my black teas milky and sweet and herbal teas sweetened at least partially with honey.

Twi1820b.jpg

6829twiningsegt_200g__99786_zoom.jpg

NOM NOM NOM!

Oh I do love my lemon tea, one of my best friends at work got me into it. Sometimes we sit there savouring the lovely lemony taste and catching up on the goss! (Better than catching up on work). Lemon tea does taste so refreshing and bright and In a world of beverage darkness, It is my only light :)

The Gobble Goblin

My preferred tea -

I put the kettle on. I put a teabag in the cup. I put 'some' (a precise measurement) milk in. I forget I put the kettle on and come back and put it back on again. If I'm very preoccupied, it'll end up thrice boiled tea. Then I pour the water in the cup and then fling the teabag out and make a stain on the wall.

As far as I knew until I was quite old, this was the only drink known as 'tea'. I thought other teas were a bit like nicotine patches for smokers - not really tea, but close enough if you had a tea-drinking problem and needed to stop. If somebody offered me 'tea', I knew how it would arrive. Type never came into it, though teabag flinging was a matter of personal taste.

Now I'm wiser, I also like Lady Grey tea. My favourite brand is quite hard to get (except for me, because I'm lucky), it's Lancashire Tea. Yorkshire Tea is easier to find, and that's nice too. Lancashire tea never has that bitter taste some get, or goes orange and dries your mouth out and makes you feel like you need another cup of tea right after the first one.

Mariage Freres' (a French tea company) Butterscotch tea. :wub:

It isn't too bitter nor not enough, the taste is a little sweet... And it smells so good. It's delicious with some cake. (:cake: for everyone!)

My taste in tea is quite simple so I like English Breakfast a lot, but I'm happy to drink whatever tea bag brand is available.

blackwingsblackheart

Genmaicha is excellent, but my favorite Japanese tea is Hojicha (roasted green tea). I love oolongs of all kinds, such as Ti Kuan Yin, and for black tea I like Lapsang Souchong. There's a lovely tea shop not far from where I live, called TeaSource My link, where my friends and I get most of our teas. I think they're the ones that make this really wonderful Winter Spice black tea (it has rose petals and almonds in it!).

IvoryStardust

Genmaicha is excellent, but my favorite Japanese tea is Hojicha (roasted green tea). I love oolongs of all kinds, such as Ti Kuan Yin, and for black tea I like Lapsang Souchong. There's a lovely tea shop not far from where I live, called TeaSource My link, where my friends and I get most of our teas. I think they're the ones that make this really wonderful Winter Spice black tea (it has rose petals and almonds in it!).

That Winter Spice sounds fantastic!

And I really wish Zoomdweebie's would start making their butterscotch again! It was my favorite. I love all things butterscotch! <3

English Breakfast with milk and sugar ;) Loose leaf is best, but its expensive and a hassle sometimes. I also love Japanese twig tea (kukicha), green tea, and masala chai.

I am absolutely in love with Tevana's Dragonwell Green. It took me almost a year of experimenting to find, and it's perfect. Sweet, but toasty at the same time. <3 <3 <3

I also really like their Taj Masala Chai and Silver Needle White Tea.

And an herbalist I know blends this wonderful spicy herbal tea, full of pepper, orange, cloves, all sorts of wonderful stuff. Its a gift on cold winter mornings!

I’m definitely a tea-person. Sometimes I drink coffee, but it makes me feel super-energetic. I like to drink flavored (citrus, orange, mint etc.)teas, plain green tea and Earl Grey tea. White tea with a strawberry flavor is delicious too :wub:

Princess Flufflebutt

Okay, I found a brand of tea that was awful. Loyd Tea Lemon and Lime. That crap tastes like soap.

little birdie

I love chai. Also, I like pretty much any kind of green tea. I tried black milk tea recently, and liked that too. I love tea. And tea shops. ^^

P.S. Does bubble tea count? Because I love it too!

cleuchtturm

I love chai. Also, I like pretty much any kind of green tea. I tried black milk tea recently, and liked that too. I love tea. And tea shops. ^^

P.S. Does bubble tea count? Because I love it too!

What exactly is chai? There is a tea I want to try called Vanilla Chai, but I have no idea what the heck it is...

little birdie

I don't know how to describe it exactly... but it's sweet, and has a bunch of spices in it. Wikipedia might describe it better than I can...

My link

Archived