40's

@Lifeisamazing, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 :cake::cake:

@newgirl, good that the initial surgery was a success, and hope the follow up is as well :cake::cake:

• Like 4

Hello! 41, newly out as a Gray-Ace and new to AVEN.  

• Like 7

Thanks @OldNew.  Gotta say, LOVE the pic.

• Like 3

I am so glad I joined this sight.  Finally a place I don't have to explain myself.  I don't like sex, it's understood here.  I won't be ridiculed like I have been in real life.

• Like 5
SweetAndSassy

Hello everyone,

with Valentine's Day only two days away, I was curious to see your thoughts on it, so what do you think - Valentine's Day, I "heart" it OR its just another excuse to sell chocolates. 

• Like 1

Hmm, it's a Wednesday this year.

That's as far as the day means to me.

Although I am looking forward to the Amazon order that should be delivered that day.

• Like 2
SweetAndSassy

I am going to take a wild guess and predict that many of you are going to be neutral on this topic like @argar is.  That's fine.  I will be the first  to agree that there is too much pressure to "be with someone.".  

• Like 1

Hmm, I am not sure if I am conveying my feelings on the day accurately.

I feel really good about Valentines Day post asexuality discovery.

The day used to make me feel so bad that I wasn't living up to the heterosexual ideal.

I am glad I know I am grey ace and I feel just neutral about the day that used to make me feel bad about myself.

• Like 3

I'm not a fan of v-day as I've never had a significant other to celebrate it with.  Its a big deal in the US so if you don't have significant other to spend it with, you really feel left out.  I've gone to "singles" events on the day, but they were lame (and before I knew I was ace).  I'll be happy when the day is past.

• Like 1
Just now, argar said:

I am glad I know I am grey ace and I feel just neutral about the day that used to make me feel bad about myself.

I feel less bad about myself on v-day since discovering I'm ace, but not quite to the neutral level.  Although it is nice not having to stress over an appropriate gift/dinner/etc.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, SweetAndSassy said:

Hello everyone,

with Valentine's Day only two days away, I was curious to see your thoughts on it, so what do you think - Valentine's Day, I "heart" it OR its just another excuse to sell chocolates. 

I'll drink so much on tuesday night, I'll wake up on thursday ;)

Tbh, I'm not looking for a S.O, but when the rest of the world spends the day with there S.O, it can get lonely 

Also I'm working on 38 is old enough to comment on this :)

• Like 2

@Andrew001 No age restrictions. I'm 35.

I've been married for 10 years and I don't entirely hate it anymore. This year my wife and I will be cuddling up and watching some shows on tv together. My wife is also very understandable about my asexuality and works with me on it.

I absolutely hate the deluge of commercials and other forms of advertising everywhere, though. Except the chocolates. :D

• Like 2

I don't pay much attention to V-Day. I'm always surprised when other people do. I shouldn't be surprised, but I always am....

• Like 1
PeterPanForever

I don't feel very emotionally prepared for Valentine's Day, and it is going to be a significant day for me. It is going to be hard, and I feel like I have been avoiding the reality of it all. 

• Like 1
SweetAndSassy

Wow! great feedback, and as many of you have already stated, being ace, or some flavor of it, does give you a different perspective on V-day.  This year I will probably be having a snuggle-fest with my dog as @faraday☘ suggested :) and thank you @Spotastic for making all age groups feel welcome, and for saying yest to chocolate :) 

• Like 3

(popping in from the "over 50" thread)

I usually don't think much about Valentine's Day, Mostly it's just another day and one that has rarely been relevant to me. The day after chocolate sales can be good. :)

• Like 3

Even when I was married and thought I was het, I disliked Valentine's Day and its agenda of pushing a very specific view of romance.  Yet I couldn't entirely hate it, because like daveb, I am a huge fan of the Feb. 15 chocolate sales. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Seajules said:

Even when I was married and thought I was het, I disliked Valentine's Day and its agenda of pushing a very specific view of romance.  Yet I couldn't entirely hate it, because like daveb, I am a huge fan of the Feb. 15 chocolate sales. 

If i was in America, i doubt I'd be a fan of chocolate sales, my sister sent me some american chocolate at christmas, i thought she was trying to poison me ;)

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Spotastic said:

@Andrew001 There are a lot of varieties. You didn't get the good ones. :D

Thinking when i go across, forget about packing clothes just fill a suit case with Cadbury Dairy Milk, I'll make a fortune :P

I found the difference was in America they use sour milk, where as over here we use fresh milk

• Like 2
22 hours ago, SweetAndSassy said:

Hello everyone,

I give family gifts, but I am not interested in the holiday. I do like chocolate though.

• Like 2

Although I myself have always felt a bit blasé about V-day, I've always been super dedicated to making the day special for whomever I was with.  

• Like 3