40's

On 7/20/2017 at 11:14 PM, newgirl said:

Has anybody went back to college ? I'm wondering should i go back.

I am 42 and starting my third year of college. It's never to late.

• Like 3
On 7/20/2017 at 11:14 PM, newgirl said:

Has anybody went back to college ? I'm wondering should i go back.

I am 42 and starting my third year of college. It's never to late.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Iamsammysc said:

I'm 42

That's the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. :)

Sounds like you have a good home/family and outlook on life.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, daveb said:

That's the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. :)

Sounds like you have a good home/family and outlook on life.

I try. :)

• Like 1

Also, welcome and :cake: (in case I didn't say it before)!

• Like 3

I'm having "I hate Friday or Saturday night" moods. It's soo hard not having friends to talk too 

• Like 2
BobRossRules

Welcome @Iamsammysc!!:cake:

I'm sorry @newgirl.  I hope things get better today and you have a good weekend.  I'm hanging out by myself this weekend.  I've had a busy Friday and this morning, but the rest of the day, I'm taking a zero!:D  

• Like 3
On 7/29/2017 at 8:51 AM, faraday☘ said:

Welcome @Iamsammysc!!:cake:

I'm sorry @newgirl.  I hope things get better today and you have a good weekend.  I'm hanging out by myself this weekend.  I've had a busy Friday and this morning, but the rest of the day, I'm taking a zero!:D  

Faraday,

People always say, a person has to sometime reach rock bottom to move forward. When it comes to people, I need to seriously reach rock bottom because I am TIRED of dealing with the same type of people.

• Like 1
BobRossRules

I've never used those transport services. I live in a small town so I'm not sure if they're even around. But I heard in larger cities, they se good. 

I'm on my way home from Iceland. It was a fun trip. It's a neat place to visit with lots of fun stuff to see. 

I hope everyone is doing well. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, faraday☘ said:

I'm on my way home from Iceland. It was a fun trip. It's a neat place to visit with lots of fun stuff to see. 

I hope everyone is doing well. 

I hope you had a great trip. I'm waving at the sky -- just in case you're flying over the middle of Canada!

• Like 2
BobRossRules
8 hours ago, OldNews said:

I hope you had a great trip. I'm waving at the sky -- just in case you're flying over the middle of Canada!

Was that you waving at me?  The trip was great!  The flight home was full of delays and missed connections.  It was worth it though. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

So I live in houston and it is really bad here.  So far my house is dry and the rain finally seems to be tapering off.  I'm glad my house is near the top end of the watershed I live in.  Other watersheds are having major problems today.  My office opted to close all week, which is smart since it's going to take that long for all this water to drain off.  It's going to be a long while before things get back to normal here too. I still have power and water, but food is going to be an issue in a few days since I was on vacation when this hit and I didn't have a chance to stock up.

• Like 2

I'm glad you are safe and dry.

It sucks that the next few weeks are going to be tough on you.

I hope you get back to some semi-balance of normality soon.

I wish I had more information on disaster assistance.

Good luck and stay safe.

• Like 2
On 2/23/2012 at 9:09 AM, newgirl said:

Are you in your 40's? Do you feel being in your 40's is a turning point?

Just turned 40, and it's spinning me right round like a record. On the upside, one difference I've noticed is that idle chatter about whether I'm going to become a parent has ceased.

• Like 4
BobRossRules

@GeoAmy Weather can be so unpredictable and cause such chaos.  I hope you have enough food!  Stay safe!!

@JMichael Welcome to the 40's thread!  Have some cake.:cake:

I'm fighting a stupid cold. Hopefully it will pass soon.  I don't have any plans for the weekend.  It will probably be pretty boring.  I'm all caught up on my projects.  I may just watch a bunch of movies and sleep lots.:D  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Good that you're desniffled :)

Friday is work :(, Saturday is AVEN meet :)

• Like 2
On 29/08/2017 at 6:22 PM, JMichael said:

Just turned 40, and it's spinning me right round like a record. On the upside, one difference I've noticed is that idle chatter about whether I'm going to become a parent has ceased.

Same Here :)

• Like 1
On 8/29/2017 at 11:22 AM, JMichael said:

10 hours ago, Blackthorn said:

Same Here :)

I still get the ""when are you going to start dating again?" since my divorce.  Not too much, however.        

• Like 2

@lapat67 I'm on the 50s thread, though I'm not yet 50.  Of course you're more than welcome to stick around here.  The 50s thread is a bit more active than this one is though.  

@Tanwen  My brain is still 8.  

Welcome @xforestelfx!!  Age is relative, it's just a number.  It only mattes when you can get your enroll in preschool, driver's license, vote, drink, rent a car, and then get a senior citizen's discount.

@Nidwin Word! 

• Like 3

Nightmare!!!

Child free  introvert woman (me)  is at a house dinner party  and my 5 year old  cousin is roaming the house bothering me.I  love my cousin but  there is a reason why i am childfree by choice. SOS help me

• Like 1