40's

birdybudge

All's good here. :)  The sun's out, I've got a good book beside me, a hot cup of tea, and two little budgie birds nearby, both singing their heads off.  Such things are nice Wednesdays made of!

• Like 3

All good here too.  Boss moved to a new group and his boss is retiring, so  bit of uncertainty around the next bosses.  Also decided to get an ace ring.  I really like this one because it has some purple as well as the black.  We'll see how much I wear it.  How do the other older aces feel about wearing a black ring?

CJ8856-A.jpg&d=9b7d83585d5aff783e7b3f11a

• Like 7

@GeoAmy I think I would like it.  I have a black, purple and white bracelet that I have worn for a year now.  Really like it even though no one seems to know what it stands for.

• Like 2
Skycaptain

@GeoAmy. That black with purple looks really neat :D

I wear my ring all the time, but if my experience is anything to go by, don't expect people to notice or comment. It's the only adornment I've ever worn in my life, and only two or three people have ever noticed 

• Like 4
birdybudge

@GeoAmy That's a striking ring. I love the purple streak!

I wear a hematite ring (which is more dark-grey than black).  I don't wear it all the time, as I have other rings that I also like to wear on that finger.  No-one has ever made comment on it.

• Like 5
Gentle Giant

@GeoAmy I like that ring! I've never been much of a ring wearer. I work in water a lot and would be annoying with having a ring on trying to dry my hands. Though I could just not wear the ring when at work. Another thing about rings I don't like is I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get it off. As for others noticing, well they might wonder why all the sudden I'm wearing a ring because I don't wear them. It would be neat if the rings help us find each other. I take notice of rings if people are wearing them now. Though I don't know if I'd have the courage to talk to someone about it if I saw one.

• Like 5

Hello fellow 40's 😃. I'm new here and I'm 40 years old. I joined to hopefully learn more about asexuality and meet others like me.

BTW Geoamy I like the ring 😉

• Like 5
Skycaptain

Worldpride in Madrid, but other than that pets make anything longer than a day trip difficult 

• Like 4
BobRossRules

@Johnny76 Welcome to AVEN!!🍰

@GeoAmy I like your ring.  I wear one too. I have 2.  One is more fancy and the other is more casual.  If I'm traveling, I wear the casual one.  But I like my fancy one to wear everyday. However, I take it off when I'm done for the day.  

10399406_1569117053414357_6857859156523220277_n.jpg?oh=ff7a89c674f59e0293e1ba0ff88440ce&oe=599DA8FD

@newgirl I'm going to Iceland in early August.  I'll be gone for almost 2 weeks.  Then I'll be home for the solar eclipse.  I'm lucky enough to be in that sweet spot of totality.  I have my solar binoculars and it will be cool.😎  Unless it's cloudy - then bummer!😭  The in October I plan on visiting Montréal and Boston.  I'll be gone for almost 3 weeks.

I love traveling, but I agree with @Skycaptain when you have pets, it makes things difficult.  Last year I boarded my pets when I traveled, and I hated doing that.  Plus it was expensive.  However, now I have a pet sitter.  She's great!!  She'll stay at my house when I'm gone.👍    

• Like 4

I ended up returning the ring.  I had ordered one with a beveled edge.  Even though the package had the right model number, the domed version was in the box.  It tried to convince myself it was ok, but in the end decided I wanted what I had ordered.  The replacement arrives on Tuesday.  Lets hope its right this time.  I also went down a size.  I did wear it to work 1 day and no one said a word.  I wondered if some of the younger people knew what it was though, but doubtful.  

@newgirl I'm going to Glacier NP/Waterton NP at the end of August.  I'm going with an all women travel company.  I did another trip with them a few years back.  If you take a roommate, they don't charge a single supplement.  I can deal with someone for a week.  I'm sure I'll be the youngest one though since the last trip was nearly all 50+.  But I like doing tours so I just go where I'm told and I find it less stressful.  I also have a family reunion thing mid-september.

• Like 4
PeterPanForever
On 6/3/2017 at 11:10 PM, newgirl said:

Anybody doing anything  this summer?

Not a lot. I have all of my eggs in the wanna be professor basket because it is the only thought that doesn't make me want to gag. For this reason, I decided to add a philosophy minor, so I'm taking more courses this summer. Introduction to Philosophy, Philosophy of Religion, Ecology, and Social Inequality. 

What are you up to this summer? 

• Like 4

Replacement ring came today and it's the right one!  Yay!  Now if the drama at work would stop.  Come october, my team of 10 will be down to 4 unless some people are hired or transferred in.  As of next week no boss for a couple of months while we try to hire an outside person. I was deemed inadequate as a manager despite being the only internal person to apply and 20 years of experience.  Sometimes being a woman in oil and gas is a real drag...:angry:  

516ug4+iyvL._UY585_.jpg

• Like 4
58 minutes ago, GeoAmy said:

Replacement ring came today and it's the right one!

Like the ring!

Sorry to hear about the work stuff. I hope it gets better.

• Like 2
BobRossRules

Work drama is the worst!  I hope that that it will get better for you.  I'm thankful that I work with a great bunch of people.  They all have a good sense of humor.  We have monthly meetings that are usually catered, and we had Mexican food yesterday, one of my favorites.  However, I'm always pleased when the weekend arrives and when I can take vacations.   

• Like 4
On 6/6/2017 at 7:52 PM, GeoAmy said:

Replacement ring came today and it's the right one!  Yay!  Now if the drama at work would stop.  Come october, my team of 10 will be down to 4 unless some people are hired or transferred in.  As of next week no boss for a couple of months while we try to hire an outside person. I was deemed inadequate as a manager despite being the only internal person to apply and 20 years of experience.  Sometimes being a woman in oil and gas is a real drag...:angry:  

516ug4+iyvL._UY585_.jpg

Where did you get that ring?  I love it!

• Like 1

Firstly apologies if I have sent out a message to all members, using a mouth stick and I pressed a button I shouldn't of.  I am in the wrong section writing this  apologies again butis is 630 in the morning and I didn't want to upset anyone.

Cheerio for now ,

Pete,

Edited by Pete,
Got two posts the same on here.
  • Like 1

I was 45 yesterday,  yes I am still single,  without children but my two sisters have them so mom and dad are fine.  I have been on every dating site from here to Timbuktu and still not had a date ever! Over 20 years I've been on various sites and I have come to the conclusion to knock them on the head. After my  membership is up on the one at the moment that is it for me.  So I will  finish my book,  my sister told me to try the Undateables on tv,  I said  can you imagine me on tv.  I do swear just a bit!  Anyway roll on 50!

• Like 2

@Jenndragonfly Thanks Jenndragonfly!  Ring is from amazon.com.  Search for tungsten carbide purple ring and It comes in a few different widths.  I got the narrowest at 6mm.  It's not cheap though, but should last forever.  

• Like 2
BobRossRules

Welcome Pete!!:cake:

I don't have any kids either.  Well actually I do have kids, 2 cats and 3 dogs.:D  

I tried Ace-book, but I haven't been active on that for a while.  I live in an area where paying for a dating site (like Match or Our Time) would not be worth it.  Too small of a  population.  I don't think anyone would be interested in dating someone like me anyway as being Ace is pretty much a deal-breaker.    

• Like 2

@GeoAmyThat is a nice ring.  Do you think the sizing is accurate?  I have found that to be an issue when I order off the web.

Also, sorry to hear of your work situation, but I think it is typical anymore.  Everyone trying to do more with fewer workers.

• Like 2

Does anyone listen to any podcasts they would recommend?  I'm looking for something new.  I already follow several such as TIMC, Invisibilia, Lore, Criminal, etc.

• Like 1

@Gazelle I'm not sure about the sizing.  I didn't officially size my finger.  I tried on another Ace's ring and it was an 11.  Seemed ok so I went with that.  Turned out it was a tad big so I got a 10.5 when I reordered.  The 10.5 is good when my hands are a bit puffy and makes going over the knuckle easier.

And thanks on the work support- I'll manage.  I feel a bit better once it dawned on me why I was having the reaction I was having.  My mental struggle is with support.  When I'm depressed, the main issue I struggle with is a complete lack of support.  My past boss provided some support at work and I'm upset to see that go.  He said his door will be open for me, but you know how it is when people move on and he let me down in a way, so why would I go back to him? Fingers crossed the next guy will be just as good and hopefully better.  They are interviewing candidates for the boss position this week.  I was also told I was the benchmark for outside candidates, so knowing their logic of passing me over helps a bit, but still not sure it was right.

@faraday☘ I too am on ace-book and check for new people every few weeks.  Despite living in a large metro area, there are no men from here active, so I can only image how difficult it is for the more rural folks.  A few seem interesting, but given they aren't nearby what's the point?  And I struggle to see myself hitting it off with some one to the degree that would allow me to give up my career (oil and gas is pretty limited to Houston with a few exceptions).  I did meet a guy from my home state that I went to university with (didn't know him back then).  I like him, but he lives on an island in Lake Erie and his neighbors are his parents and brother/SIL.  That's too cozy for me!

• Like 2
BobRossRules

@GeoAmy Long distance relationships would be tough.  I'd be willing to move, but financially it would be difficult to sell my house and get the money that I paid into it.  I would need to build some equity in it before I could sell it.  I live in a low cost of living area, and most places would cost more and my income with a new job would most likely be a lot less than what I'm getting now.  So for now, I'll be living in Idaho.  I'm traveling to Iceland this summer, and if I like it, maybe I'll run away there. :lol:

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Gazelle said:

Does anyone listen to any podcasts they would recommend?  I'm looking for something new.  I already follow several such as TIMC, Invisibilia, Lore, Criminal, etc.

99% Invisible is a great show about architecture and design. Song Exploder has musicians taking apart their songs and saying how they were made. Quirks & Quarks (science) and Under the Influence (advertising) are great shows from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC). Lexicon Valley is about English linguistics.

What are your interests? There are probably podcasts related to some of them....

• Like 3