40's

On 2/6/2017 at 6:14 PM, OldNews said:

That's fair enough. It's great that you're working on that. I hope you find a good meetup group!

Old News,

I've been trying for 16 years but no luck,

• Like 1
PeterPanForever

I have to admit, I survived another V-Day and this one wasn't so bad. 

• Like 5
17 hours ago, Peterson515 said:

I have to admit, I survived another V-Day and this one wasn't so bad. 

Same for me.  It's still a reminder of how I'm not really single by choice even though most days I'm quite happy being single.  

• Like 2
PeterPanForever
39 minutes ago, GeoAmy said:

Same for me.  It's still a reminder of how I'm not really single by choice even though most days I'm quite happy being single.  

I can't say that I'm happy being single, but I also realize that being single is so functional for my current state of being that I can't but wonder if it is even option right now, or simply the way that it has to be. I am in such an out of this world relationship that sometimes I admit that I am single, while not actually being single. If someone was to straight up ask me if I was single I would have to respond that it is so complicated that I have neither the time or the energy to explain it. There is this enormous functionality though, to the ins and outs of my life and the way things are, that I can't but respect it at some level. 

• Like 1
PeterPanForever
8 hours ago, Ƒaraday said:

Oh yeah, V-day.  I missed it.  Oh well...who cares?  @Peterson515 you can still make an awesome professor, don't give up!!  Chicks dig older professors.:lol:  

Hahahahaha, okay, I won't give up just yet   :)    It sucks having to worry about the future and what to do for a living. I just know that I am going to end up back at the hotel doing night audit, but with $200,000 of student loan debt. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
BobRossRules

@Peterson515 I hear ya on the student loan.  Hopefully with your degree, you'll be able to get an awesome job doing something you enjoy?  I have no idea...some degrees have a disclaimer of "do you want fries with that?"  My undergraduate degree was in anthropology and that was a "...want fries with that?" kind of degree.:P  I thought I was going to be the next Jane Goodall.    

The solar eclipse is this year and Idaho Falls, where I live, happens to be in the path of "totality".  I've never witnessed an eclipse before.  I believe I was present for a partial one, but it was cloudy or something?  It wasn't memorable.  Or maybe it was a lunar one?  Anyway, this one will be cool, assuming clear skies.  People will be traveling from all around the world to our small town.  I'll be hanging out in my back yard, which I think will have a nice view for almost 2 minutes.

:D

• Like 3

Oops forgot what thread I was in :blush:

Edited by AspieAngel
MOVED TO BIRDING AND NATURE
  • Like 2
BobRossRules
4 hours ago, AspieAngel said:

Oops forgot what thread I was in :blush:

Is that like walking into a room and forgetting what you needed from that room?:lol:  I do that all the time!!

• Like 3

I have 5 months until I'm 40. Shall I make reservations for a room in this thread?

• Like 2

No need, we all go into all ages anyway 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Ƒaraday said:

Is that like walking into a room and forgetting what you needed from that room?:lol:

Exactly or waking up and forgetting where you are or worse who you are. :D 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, russtophecles said:

I have 5 months until I'm 40. Shall I make reservations for a room in this thread?

Welcome fellow texan!  No fines for prematurely joining the 40's thread (or any other age specific thread)!

• Like 3
21 hours ago, russtophecles said:

You can do that -- but we'll welcome you without reservations! :)

• Like 3
2 hours ago, GeoAmy said:

Welcome fellow texan!  No fines for prematurely joining the 40's thread (or any other age specific thread)!

Hello fellow Texan *waves*. Nice to see some hometown peeps here.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, russtophecles said:

Hello fellow Texan *waves*. Nice to see some hometown peeps here.

If you're near houston and would like to meet some aces in Houston, we have a meetup group that's pretty active- 1-2 meetups per month.  We try to make them budget and introvert friendly (or at least the ones I organize are).

https://www.meetup.com/Houston-Asexuals-Meetup/

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, GeoAmy said:

If you're near houston and would like to meet some aces in Houston, we have a meetup group that's pretty active- 1-2 meetups per month.  We try to make them budget and introvert friendly (or at least the ones I organize are).

https://www.meetup.com/Houston-Asexuals-Meetup/

Awesome...I just joined...pending approval :)

• Like 2

I don't get the big deal about St Patricks day, but I can get behind St Gertrude of Nevilles- Patron saint of cats whose feast day is also today!

90f51770af36168a0bb55907712057de.jpg

• Like 3

Patron saint of cats AND gardeners? Purrfect! :D

• Like 3
BobRossRules

That is a awesome saint.  I'm a fan of St. Francis of Assisi (patron saint of animals and ecology) too.  

• Like 2

I just went to jury duty for the  1st time and  I almost was put on a case.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, newgirl said:

So, they didn't put you on the case because you're just too awesome for that? :)

• Like 2
5 hours ago, newgirl said:

I've been called for jury duty more times than I can count and I served twice.  Sadly, both cases were a waste of tax dollars.  The first one we found him guilty and the second one we were lucky that the judge convinced him to settle.  It was his 3rd offence and if we had found him guilty, it was an automatic 25 years for a breaking and entering.  2 people were being difficult on the jury, so I'm glad the judge got him to plea.  

I'm glad I participated in the process, but in Houston, it's a huge inconvenience to get downtown and such.  

• Like 2

i  was laughing until i heard the judge state  the woman charges endangering a child and dog abuse.

• Like 1
BobRossRules
10 hours ago, newgirl said:

i  was laughing until i heard the judge state  the woman charges endangering a child and dog abuse.

Dog abuse, that unacceptable!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new-ish here, in my 40s. So hi.

Re: jury duty, I was summoned just last week myself. it was pretty awful. I have PTSD from childhood trauma, and the case was concerning the murder of a young child. I spent the whole time panicking over if I would have to explain to the judge about my PTSD and why i did not see myself as mentally or emotionally fit to serve on the jury. But i didn't have to as I didn't get picked. 

• Like 1