40's

Peaceful & Happy

The real problem with being a 46 year old single male is people look at you real funny. They assume you're either gay or a pedophile. ( been accused of both) When you try to explain the truth, no one believes you. They want their own version of reality.

Yeah, I just smile and keep walking.... :D

• Like 1

Well, I have a job interview today! And yes, here in Australia, it's Saturday so hooray for the less-than-subtle filtering system being used to ensure they have less people from which to choose. I mean, there will be a high number of people unable or unwilling to attend an interview on a Saturday afternoon, and to not have an option...you take that time or bugger off!

Still, that makes it better for me, I guess...wish me luck!

Good luck Aspiecat!!!

I'm 40, so thought I'd drop in and say hello... As for how turning 40 affected me - I honestly don't think it would have affected me at all, and I always prided myself in not being the type to have a mid-life crisis... Except that my husband turned 40 first, and he had a rather spectacular mid-life crisis, which led to the dissolution of our marriage, so I'm dealing with the fallout from that!

I can laugh about it though, so I guess that's a good sign. But my life is definitely divided into "married before 40" and "single after 40", and there's no denying it's been a big change.

Anyway, glad to be here, and it's great to have others in my age group to chat with! :)

Well, I have a job interview today! And yes, here in Australia, it's Saturday so hooray for the less-than-subtle filtering system being used to ensure they have less people from which to choose. I mean, there will be a high number of people unable or unwilling to attend an interview on a Saturday afternoon, and to not have an option...you take that time or bugger off!Still, that makes it better for me, I guess...wish me luck!

Hope the Job Interview went well Apsie! :)

fingers crossed

I just turned 49...just barely made it to the 40 somethings thread, but I like the 30 somethings thread too. :)

Hi Mr.LG! Haha, I have infiltrated the 30's thread too... I think half of us are imposters there :lol:

Thanks, acegal. Won't hear anything for at least a fortnight *sigh*.

It's the waiting that is a pain LOL

I'm 44 years old, almost 45, and I remember that when I was in my 30s I thought to have reached a so great knowledge about myself than when I would have been 40 nothing would have been changed.

I was wrong.

When my 40s began I felt like I were wearing a new dress, a dress that fitted me better than I've always experienced.

I got new awareness about myself, about life in general, and all seemed to be clearer.

Till I was in my 30s, everyone, my friends, my parents, my bosses, thought that one day I would have married with someone and have given birth to a couple of children.

Today nobody thinks a such thing.

They seem more accustomed (or resigned) with my single situation. Maybe it's because they see that I'm not worried to be alone :D

The good thing is that they don't bore me anymore asking "When do you find a boyfriend?", "Do you want I find someone that fits you?" like they did when I was young.

The bad thing is that in Italy, where I live, it's very difficult to find a new job. Bosses prefer to hire young people.

The problem is that even if I feel more adult and mature, I also feel younger, like I had 23 years old and a whole life to live.

I think that 40s are my new youth :)

• Like 2
SaffronBun

I remember how traumatic it was for me to turn 30 and now I'm already 40! Time goes by so fast so be happy at whatever age you are at.

• Like 1

If you think about it,the turning age in your life is when you turn 50 years old not 40. Just think about,how many people will live to be 100 years old

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any Aven members who live in California and over 40?

Me. 51 and live in SF bay area.

Friend Without Benefits
Is there any Aven members who live in California and over 40?

Me too! 44 in SoCal.

I knew we had California members over 40 somewhere on this forum.

Any particular reason you wanted to know?

I was hoping we can have an older California asexual meetup one day because most California members is under 30 and not over 40.

Hey guys, I just turned 40 this January and for me it's been the best thing that has ever happened to me along with having two daughters from one of only two relationships I've ever been in. Turning forty was a major turning point for me... The literal death and rebirth of myself. I finished up five years of weekly therapy and started my seconded degree in Psychology (which I totally love). A number of other factors evolved too but that's another story.

I'm living in Sdy, Au and if anyone would like to meet up for a coffee or something to eat I'm totally up for it... Meeting other asexuals would be soo awesome I think :D

Qutenkuddly

Hi all! How is it that I've never posted here before?

My current age coincides with the answer to life, the universe and everything.

• Like 1

If I live to be 100 (I'm 49), I've still got over half my life to live yet. I'm glad I have my wife Lady Girl to get old with me! :) :cake: :lol:

Thanks for the birthday wishes the other day Mr. LG. I'm also glad I have you to get old with me and I'm glad I had you to be young with me back when we were young. :huh::cake::blush:

Don't worry guys, I'll try not to do anything like this more than once a year. :lol:

Qutenkuddly

Wait, birthday wishes? Did I miss your birthday?

Hey Skratch. Nice to meet you. Congratulations on all the good news. Welcome to AVEN. :)

Thanks Mr.LG :D

Wait, birthday wishes? Did I miss your birthday?

No worries Qute! I don't have it listed, but I turned 45 this past Saturday. Mr. LG started a thread for me in Celebration. :D

Qutenkuddly

Happy (belated) Birthday! I hope the day was filled with much joyous reflection and celebration of all that you have achieved and enjoyed in life thus far. May there be many, many more such days to celebrate! *squishy birthday hugs*

I'm in my 40s and I have been married and have been in a few serious relationships. Being 40 something is really no different for me than being in my 30s. I must admit it's harder to stay in shape and healing from injuries takes longer. I have plenty of friends and I enjoy being social. I enjoy my alone time, but I do not enjoy being alone all the time. I am just a female riding through this great journey called life. I hope to retire in a few years and travel with a travel partner. So just remember, you can do and be whatever you wanna be. Don't let people label you or make you feel alienated. You can control your own destiny, that's what I plan to do for myself. Take care, everyone!

I was hoping we can have an older California asexual meetup one day because most California members is under 30 and not over 40.

That would be great, I'd be interested in meeting other great asexual people!

< retired >
You can control your own destiny...

Oh, what a wonderful universe you live in - how do I join it? :)

In my universe, my lifestyle choices affect the risk of various good and nasty things happening to me, but this in no way resembles 'controlling my destiny'. This sucks. :(

That would be great, I'd be interested in meeting other great asexual people!

Happy Spirit is trying to organize a Los Angeles meetup in August, I think. Cross my Finger,I hope I can come(I live in Northern California).