I am asexual. I want sex. These are not mutually exclusive in the least.

Rivan Vox

WhenSummersGone

On the flipside, you can experience sexual attraction and not have the slightest interest in sex.

I think I understand this thread, but how can you even tell if you experience sexual attraction if you don't actually want sex with anyone? Unless there's a lot of people on here who just don't like the act of sex or have no need for it, separate from sexual attraction. I experience sexual arousal, but I can also get aroused by a chair if I can picture rubbing up against it. So I don't really make the connection between sexual arousal and sexual attraction, if there's no desire to actually have sex.

I've heard the saying, "Oh, you like eggs? Try not to think about where they came from, then."
If I could be fully sexual, even still, i think there would be something in my psychology saying, "You want to put whose what in your what now? Seriously? Do you know what comes out of that?"

This is where things started to get into a really gray area for me, for the longest time I used to think that Asexuality involved simply not wanting any form of sexual relations and being repulsed by it. It was one of the main reasons why I mainly related towards Bisexuality, because while it will take a lot for me to want to have sex with someone, I still 'want' it I guess. It's a form of pleasure and a symbol of extreme trust in someone (Unless you're one of those pricks who does it just to do it) I'm pretty comfortable with my new terming, so I guess it goes without saying that I no longer believe that Asexuality is merely one thing over the other.

Archived