2 ACE's In A Relationship..?

PSUtatiana

I've been thinking for a while, and I think I would only be able to enjoy a relationship with another ACE. Has any other ACE ever had a relationship with another ACE? If so, how was it? I'm curious.

The Great WTF

Sorry, this ace is in a relationship with a sexual and perfectly happy that way. We've got a few members here that in relationships, though, and seem to be very happy with it.

Out of curiosity, why the capitalizing of ace?

never odd or even

yup :) i'm an ace in a relationship with an ace :wub:

actually, we are more like greyA's, but more ace to grey rather than grey to sexual.

have also been in a total ace relationship with another ace [way back when we didnt know what asexuality was and didnt talk about it, but both knew that we didnt want a relaionship like the ones we saw around us]. that was nice too :)

no idea? just because it's maybe an acronym? honestly, idk, just did it.

it counts... i would date a demi.

The Great WTF

Ace is just short for asexual. No acronym.

I have never been in relationships with an ace before (I'm ace myself). To be honest... I have never even met an asexual person here :blink:

Anyways, as I imagine ace relationship, it would probably be based on emotional bond. However, with my pessimistic point of view, I don't believe that ace can feel "love" since it's a part of reproduction process .

I was in a long distance relationship with an ace in the past. Worked well until we met. We didn't click at all in person. I think I could only be with someone who was ace.

I have never been in relationships with an ace before (I'm ace myself). To be honest... I have never even met an asexual person here :blink:

Anyways, as I imagine ace relationship, it would probably be based on emotional bond. However, with my pessimistic point of view, I don't believe that ace can feel "love" since it's a part of reproduction process .

you've never met an asexual person here? on AVEN? i'm slightly surprised! or do you mean where you live?

I was in a long distance relationship with an ace in the past. Worked well until we met. We didn't click at all in person. I think I could only be with someone who was ace.

i could see this kinda thing happening to me. but i especially agree with the only dating an ace part.... partially, because i'm not sexual and i feel like anyone who isn;t ace wants it. wouldn't work.... butttt i don;t know any other aces except for the ones on AVEN and another woman in my school who is 60 and married... :(

Hmmm... if it were an acronym, what could that be...?

Asexual Compatible... er... Entertainers...?

... I suck at this, don't I.

*hides*

*hides*

haha nooo idea. you guys are right. it's not an acronym, just shortened.

*hides*

But... but... It would be fun if it WERE an acronym!!!

*hides*

But... but... It would be fun if it WERE an acronym!!!

absolutely! i say we all start brainstorming.

ready? now.

Being with another Ace would be ideal for me.

i agree :)

I really disagree on that last point. I've been in love four times and as far as I know, I'm ace. And the fact that there are couples in here where at least one of them is ace proves that point too, I guess. Besides, gay people's love is not connected with reproduction either. Sexual desire or not, you can still love somebody. As far as I'm concerned, the two are seperated. But maybe I misunderstood you (considering the fact that you wrote "love" in quotationmarks)?

Sadly, I haven't had any experience with relationships so I don't know about that. Maybe being with a sexual or demisexual person would work out just great, but since I can't even picture myself having sex with anybody, I guess it wouldn't work out without complications. So I guess my dream would be a relationship with another ace (even though I haven't met anyone on real life either). :-)

I really disagree on that last point. I've been in love four times and as far as I know, I'm ace. And the fact that there are couples in here where at least one of them is ace proves that point too, I guess. Besides, gay people's love is not connected with reproduction either. Sexual desire or not, you can still love somebody. As far as I'm concerned, the two are seperated. But maybe I misunderstood you (considering the fact that you wrote "love" in quotationmarks)?

Sadly, I haven't had any experience with relationships so I don't know about that. Maybe being with a sexual or demisexual person would work out just great, but since I can't even picture myself having sex with anybody, I guess it wouldn't work out without complications. So I guess my dream would be a relationship with another ace (even though I haven't met anyone on real life either). :-)

I haven't either. It's such a small population (Well, of people that actually identify) so that could be a part of it. As the information gets spread out and more people learn about it, I think more poeple will identify. I didn't even know what asexuality was until my best friend asked me if I was.

I don't understand... if "love" is just part of the reproduction process, does that go for any emotion that promotes bonding as well?

What is your definition of love?

How about Asexy Cake Enthusiasts?

I like this!!!

I've been in an ace relationship with another ace I met off this forum. We were together for 2 years. Not sure what else to say. We broke up around a month and a half ago. It was good. I'm not sure what else to say.

Touchofinsight

I am personally hoping to find another ace or at least a gray-A to start a relationship; I am so very tired of having otherwise great functional relationships save sexuality.

Mine was a happy accident and a long, weird romance. Literally. It was 3 years before we married and that's after knowing each other for several more. Things just clicked.

I think with 2 aces, compatibility becomes more important. Not that sexual relationships don't require it, but a sexual relationship for others helps to build a stronger bond based on trust. When sex isn't involved, trust and bonding have to be built on something else. For us, it was exposing our inner most thoughts and not being afraid to bare our bodies. Even though sex doesn't really cross our minds, we still save our naked selves (mind and body) for each other. It's a different sort of intimacy that took a lot of work on both parts, especially the mental part. I've known people that withheld info from their lovers and wonder why it felt so empty. If you can't trust someone with your soft-underside, what have you got?

But that's not all. We've continued building. Each other, that is. We've exposed ourselves, we know each others weak points and we try to help cover those spots to make us stronger. He gives me confidence, I give him purpose. He calms me down, I give him nudges. It's still the give and take of a traditional relationship, but we focus on the heart and mind rather than the body. Though ego boosts in the looks department are certainly welcome. Especially in the form of friendly teasing and flirting. What's important is that we let each other know that we'll always be there. It's not perfect, but it works.

Don't know how much that helps, but I just wanted to offer something to think about. It's also nice being single. Before my hubby, I dated others, but I wasn't interested in sex so I was just as content spending my time alone or with friends. I probably feel more alone now when my hubby's away than I did when I was single, simply because I miss him. That, and I was busy with work at the time.

In any case, it is possible, it'll just take more time unless you're lucky.

"Love" is not a requirement for reproduction. Even sexual attraction isn't. Asexuals may fall in love and feel something that's called "romantic attraction". Those, who don't feel it often describe themselves as "aromantic".

Mine was a happy accident and a long, weird romance. Literally. It was 3 years before we married and that's after knowing each other for several more. Things just clicked.

I think with 2 aces, compatibility becomes more important. Not that sexual relationships don't require it, but a sexual relationship for others helps to build a stronger bond based on trust. When sex isn't involved, trust and bonding have to be built on something else. For us, it was exposing our inner most thoughts and not being afraid to bare our bodies. Even though sex doesn't really cross our minds, we still save our naked selves (mind and body) for each other. It's a different sort of intimacy that took a lot of work on both parts, especially the mental part. I've known people that withheld info from their lovers and wonder why it felt so empty. If you can't trust someone with your soft-underside, what have you got?

But that's not all. We've continued building. Each other, that is. We've exposed ourselves, we know each others weak points and we try to help cover those spots to make us stronger. He gives me confidence, I give him purpose. He calms me down, I give him nudges. It's still the give and take of a traditional relationship, but we focus on the heart and mind rather than the body. Though ego boosts in the looks department are certainly welcome. Especially in the form of friendly teasing and flirting. What's important is that we let each other know that we'll always be there. It's not perfect, but it works.

Don't know how much that helps, but I just wanted to offer something to think about. It's also nice being single. Before my hubby, I dated others, but I wasn't interested in sex so I was just as content spending my time alone or with friends. I probably feel more alone now when my hubby's away than I did when I was single, simply because I miss him. That, and I was busy with work at the time.

In any case, it is possible, it'll just take more time unless you're lucky.

Your first paragraph makes me think it was an ideal relationship. Lucky you!

I have a question for you guys. If all demisexual means is that you're not sexual until you have an emotional connection, how would being in a relationship with a demi be any different than dating a sexual?

I have a question for you guys. If all demisexual means is that you're not sexual until you have an emotional connection, how would being in a relationship with a demi be any different than dating a sexual?

You run the risk that even if the emotional connection is formed, the sexual attraction might still not follow. =/

Archived