Androgyny test

+2 I'd probably agree that I'm more androgynous than either.

I came up with a 63-29=+34 so if I did it right thats female.Interesting how true of a test is this really? I'm not surprized of the outcome but I would love to know how they come up with some of these tests. That was fun! :D

I came up with a 63-29=+34 so if I did it right thats female.Interesting how true of a test is this really? I'm not surprized of the outcome but I would love to know how they come up with some of these tests. That was fun! :D

There's a link at the bottom of the page that leads to an explanation of how the traits were chosen. Here's an excerpt from the page found here:

Selection of items

Two Hundred personality traits that were masculine or feminine, but were neutral in social desirability were chosen by Bem and some of her students. Likewise a further 200 personality traits that were either socially desirable or socially undesirable were chosen. These traits had to apply equally to both males and females.

One Hundred students then rated these traits by answering the following question format: "In American society, how desirable is it for a man to be truthful?". Half of the students (50) were asked about men, and half were asked about women. There was an equal number of men and women in both groups. {Note the word 'truthful' was replaced with all the other 399 trait words in turn.}. The scale used was 1 = not at all desirable, 7 = extremely desirable. Only items that were judged to be significantly more desirable for one gender than the other were considered for inclusion in the inventory (BSRI). Both male and female judges had to agree. Likewise, neutral items were those that were judged to be neither masculine nor feminine, by judges of both genders. The twenty most 'feminine' traits, the twenty most 'masculine' traits, the ten most neutral (for gender) undesirable traits and the ten most neutral desirable traits make up the BSRI (Bem Sex Role Inventory).

As for the reliability of the test, it can't be extremely reliable because it requires the taker to make a personal assessment of themselves. What one person might consider a 4 for aggression, someone else might consider a 5, so that's one problem. Another thing is that it's how a person views themselves, which may not be true to how they actually are. This means that more than anything, the test is measuring how androgynous the taker views themselves/their traits.

I scored a -30, which is much more masculine than I'd have expected.

EDIT: -30, not 30. Now the comment makes a little more sense. :rolleyes:

I'm biologically female and got -7. So...I'm androgynous? Somehow...I like that...:) Even though many people tell me I'm feminine. XD

Physically female. I got a -16. Guess I'm nearly Masculine. :ph34r:

Nearly Masculine -19 to -10

I am biologically female and got a score of -19 or nearly masculine.

Biological male, +12, nearly feminine. I figured I'd score a little closer to 0, but lately I've felt more feminine. I suppose it can fluctuate.

If I did it right (I don't understand how you're supposed to score it. Are you supposed to add it all together?)

I got -10 Masculine side of Androgynous, sounds about right.

But how are you supposed to rate 'warm', 'forceful', 'strong personality' and such?

+6 and biologically female.I had taken this test before and there was another category named indifferent.I was an indifferent that time.any one knows about indifferent category?

Janus the Fox

Physically and comfortably identified as male +5 and androgyny, some things where difficult to define which probably would have increased the score to around near masculine, the areas seem quite sterotypical to me. Well at least I dont conform to that social norm either.

+1

So I'm EVER SO SLIGHTLY female. Surpriing. I'm biologically female but... yeah.

But test like these... people tend to get different answers at different times. Still, it's fun to see that!

I got a -7, androgynous. I sort of identify as an androgyne, so that's accurate at least.

Notte stellata

+6 and biologically female.I had taken this test before and there was another category named indifferent.I was an indifferent that time.any one knows about indifferent category?

I think indifferent means you're low on both masculinity and femininity, while androgynous means you're high on both. This test only cares about the difference between masculinity and femininity though.

I did this test and I got a +4. It sounds pretty right. I still don't really know what androgynous really means, but that's what I came out being. I've always hung out with guys instead of girls, but I don't know if it was because of being androgynous or not, I just would kind of get bored listening to girls and liked guys because they didn't talk as much and they didn't talk about touchy-feely stuff as much.

I'm a cis-male, and I scored +27. XD

I mean, I knew I wasn't manly, but it would appear as though I'm waaaay overboard in the feminine range. Oh well, 'tis the life of a choir nerd who loves Tangled and mainly hangs out with girls. I mean, yeah, I have male friends, but they can be so darn annoying with their stubbornness and indecision and stuff. I like having manly adventures, but for the most part I just like going ice skating and watching movies with my best friends, who are both girls. Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm heteroromantic, and cis-gender, though I've seriously considered buying toesocks.

Archived