What Qualities Attract You To A Person?

PineWolf

I like ‘em scrawny and short probably because I share those traits. Nice teeth are always a plus. This goes for both males and females, although I’m less picky about girls. I like the androgynous types.

They have to be talkative, a good conversationalist. Have a sense of social tact. I like people who are passionate about learning, and who are talented in any respect, whether it be music, art, science, math, languages, etc. Ambition is a big must. I gravitate towards those who are voracious readers and who don’t believe in boredom. If they’re insecure or clingy, that’s an added bonus. I love people who smile and laugh at anything.

Like that guy above said about that girl above, you must be psychic as well! I'm shot and skinny, though I'm pretty strong for my bone structure and know some self-defesne techniques so I can still hold my own. I'm not talkative with everybody but if I'm comfortable I generally have to be told to shut up lol.

At any rate, I notice a lot of girls seem to have a desire for tall shallow arrogant boys, I'm not sorry but I'm proud to say I cannot provide that. I need a girl who can accept my insecurities and help me work through them. In a sense, I feel like I have a bit of PTSD from high school. I do not ask for a girl to simply accept that, rather I want a girl to be able to help me get over it because let's face it I graduated almost four years ago and need to move on. Preferably she's the kinda girl who doesn't mind getting wasted on occasion but also is not a total flying alcoholic who always needs to have a shot with everything we do. Basically a girl who wants to have fun but can control herself.

I have traits which I like in people, but who I feel romantically attracted to is really just random ^-^ Having said that...

They should be tall-ish, maybe a little bit shy, good at math, be able to talk for hours about nerdy things, willing to come ice-skating with me (so far everyone I know has failed me on this one *sob sob*), they should like physical activity, liking old anime would be a plus, they should think clumsy girls are cute, they should be sweet but not cheesy...OK I'll shut up now, these are all ridiculously specific xD Basically, if you're fairly intelligent and you like short girls who trip over things all the time and try very hard to be cute, we should get along :3

For the person to be willing to go and do what ever I ask and at the same time to take the intiative and say "hey lets go do this." I despise laziness and the relationship needs to be of equal give and take. I guess in minor fancies I see someone who has spirt and likes to find the humor in life but if they have passion and drive and like themselves as well as others it's hard to say that I wouldn't be head over heels.

Physically I've always been aesthetically drawn to either really dark hair or red heads with a build thats kind of gangly but somewhat fit. Though what I'm really attracted to is people being themselves because everyones unique and its fun to see people enjoy that :)

personality: funny, outgoing, kind, offensive sense of humour, love television, respect for the arts, respect for all different types of people.

aesthetic: interesting hair (soft, curly, thick, dyed, etc.), pretty smile, likes physical contact (hugs, primarily), glasses.

Sherlock Holmes minus the tobacco and cocaine plus romantic. I don't really care about looks, but I do require that my man (that just feels odd to say) have knowledge of personal hygiene and actually apply it to his everyday life. A strong jawline makes me melt. :wub:

First of all, I love this question. I think AVEN is the one of the few communities - online or 'real-world' - where a question such as this can be asked and no-one is going to say, "What?!? How can you be asexual AND attracted to someone? Isn't that an oxymoron?"

I'll bloody give YOU an oxy, you moron.

Secondly, my type. Hm....enough intelligence to keep me keen on the conversations, and being smarter than I is no problem - just don't make me feel less smart. Any field of work/interest is fine, but I have a 'thing' for historians, linguists, physicists/chemists, general literary types....anyone who is happy to spend HOURS at museums, theatres, galleries and beaches - but the last ONLY in the winter, for walks.

I HATE summer. I loathe the heat so someone who is a cool freak like me is best.

Most importantly, someone who is kind, caring, thinks about others and is willing to defend me when others say things about me that are cruel, unkind, and/or untrue.

What else? Physically, I'd have to say tall enough to make me feel secure in a shallow way, and strong enough to make me feel secure in a not-so-shallow way. I'm 5' 4" so being taller than me is NOT difficult. Okay....what next? Well, red or dark hair, and facial hair. When I say facial hair I don't mean the new-wave, namby-pamby styles that look like a super model's string bikini. I mean a good, old-fashioned BEARD and MOUSTACHE. Clipped neatly - we don't want to find breakfast in there! - but nice and tidy. No body-builders need apply, ta muchly, but an appreciation of keeping fit and healthy without having to go camping and running all the bloody time is good.

Sorry. I tend to be loquacious.

Are you kidding, you are either psychic or one of my ex's is trolling me.

Dark hair and a red beard, 6'0" you must be trolling me, or I'm a lil' paranoid.

You're the one who must be kidding! Talk about coincidence!! And believe me, I have NEVER dated ANYONE who fits my 'ideal', so there is no need for paranoia. That is, unless you're trolling ME! LOL Just kidding....but weird, huh? The things people discover online, I tell you. Damn those Vulcan mind melds!

Sherlock Holmes minus the tobacco and cocaine plus romantic. I don't really care about looks, but I do require that my man (that just feels odd to say) have knowledge of personal hygiene and actually apply it to his everyday life. A strong jawline makes me melt. :wub:

LOL re the hygiene. One would hope that goes without saying. Yet....it doesn't, always, does it?

And re Sherlock, which one? Peter Cushing? Robert Downey, Jnr? Or Benedict Cumberpatch? Although I'm not sure if any of 'em were portrayed as illicit drug users (of course cocaine was classed a wee bit differently in the Victorian era, wasn't it?), each have been given a different personality.

On the other hand, if you're talking about the Sherlock straight from the Conan Doyle novels....

:)

I like girls who are intelligent, but don't try to act all manly to be taken seriously. The kind of girl who can still be girly but still have a serious conversation.

They also generally have to be good with kids and they need to have a good sense of empathy.

Musicians are also good, and it's generally preferable if a girl has the same religion as me, so we don't have disputations over what church our kids will go to.

On a more superficial note, I really like brown eyes, and if a girl is close to my height, it's nice.

LOL re the hygiene. One would hope that goes without saying. Yet....it doesn't, always, does it?

And re Sherlock, which one? Peter Cushing? Robert Downey, Jnr? Or Benedict Cumberpatch? Although I'm not sure if any of 'em were portrayed as illicit drug users (of course cocaine was classed a wee bit differently in the Victorian era, wasn't it?), each have been given a different personality.

On the other hand, if you're talking about the Sherlock straight from the Conan Doyle novels....

Yes, the Sherlock from the novels. I thought that went without saying. :lol:

Aspie, I didn't notice your username earlier. Well TBH I didn't notice it til' I was reading another post. I've had people trying to tag me with Aspergers since it really entered public conciousness, I'm not they 'evaluated' me and said I met most of the criteria but I'm too aware of other people's emotional state. Maybe similar brain function gives rise to broader similarities of interests, that would make sense. Us describing one another in one hell of a coincidence isn't it haha

Prince of Tea

When it comes to prospective queerplatonic partners, intellect and sense of humor. I like fellow introverts. Oh and if you have long hair I will want to play with it. :P

All qualities are really relative and personal, especially the aesthetic ones. Most of the time Attraction is a fairly slow progress in my case. But I'd give it a try;

Personality; Common interests, Random and relatively strange, Respects me for who I am, Genuine respect for most people and no prejudicing, Peace > War, Loves art, Dreamer, Likes poetry and music, Great Fantasy/Imagination, Likes fantasy Sci-fi and related stuff, Not really serious in general, But serious when she has to, Sweet and caring personality, Lets me be free and most of all "myself", Hugging is a must.

Aesthetic; Beautiful eyes, Beautiful hair, Makes me smile when she smiles herself...

It's all a bit difficult to explain. I don't really have particular preferences in someone's appearance. Aesthetic attraction just happens without a warning. Some girls have just this magical faerie dust, which enchants me in their spell of love. I can't really define it.

Combined; But If someone's character is very common to mine, I really like her and I'd grew closer to this very girl. Well... then just out of a sudden, I begin to see that personality and character, I like so much, in her appearance. I'll see her inner beauty shining through her eyes and smile. And if that happens, she's without doubt the most beautiful girl I ever saw in my life. That's what really attracts me to someone. Aesthetic attraction triggered by a great personality.

(I'm heteroromantic btw) :)

Qualities down below.

Personality:

• Happy attitude
  • Funny
  • Makes me think
  • Intelligent
  • Mannerly
  • Respectful
  • Loyal
  • Affectionate
  • Not superficial
  • Can understand my shyness/actually likes my shyness
  • Won't mind my fascination of New Age subjects
  • Likes to read
  • Spiritual

Appearance:

• Male
  • Pff as long as I find a guy with some aesthetically pleasing attributes, I don't care what he looks like ^_^

People who do not take themselves too seriously :)

I am attracted to authentic people who don't have the need to fake but actually like who they are, that's basically the most important thing to me. I feel attracted to people who have enough self-confidence and know about their weaknesses. Other things that matters are intelligence, a sense of humor, someone who loves art and music as much as I do, who's respectful... also I'm not into religion and I've met too many people who were obsessed with theirs... so uhm... I'm not into converters at all. I also don't mind if the person's passionate about a certain thing, it's a turn-off if someone doesn't care for anything.

I like beautiful eyes and hair but I don't care for length or color... I don't care for a person's weight or the style of the clothings (as long as he/she doesn't wear a plain potato bag every day), so nothing against an individual style. The only thing that's really important to me is a nice smile, I'm really picky when it comes to teeth :rolleyes:.

little flutterby

Physically- I tend to fall for someone if they have beautiful eyes. I've figured that I love pale blue eyes.

I have an attraction to maternal women...I've always been attracted to older women, around my mum's age.

Also I dig posh accents- being in Northern England you don't near them often,heehee.

Oh and nice hands are a must...no creepy hands...I have nooooo idea why that is!

Nomad in Stasis

I guess I have never been exactly sure why I have been attracted to the people I have. I guess I like people who do not meet the social norm. I think that is the only thing all of the people that I am attracted to have in common. I like people who do not just accept things.

I've figured that I love pale blue eyes.

Hahaha, feast your eyes on my avatar then! :lol:

little flutterby

I've figured that I love pale blue eyes.

Hahaha, feast your eyes on my avatar then! :lol:

Well hellooooooo there

*wiggles eyebrows*

:lol:

LOL Figured as much, really. ;)

Why the dot dot dot after novels then? *ignorant to social cues*

Wow, that was my Aspie-ness showing, cleuchtturm. I didn't stop to think the ellipses would confuse. Apologies. Anyways, it's more about how I would actually say that sentence, with my voice drifting off at the end as if there is some information that *could* follow, but doesn't need to.

Golly, does that make sense? Apologies again, cleuchtturm.

Wow, that was my Aspie-ness showing, cleuchtturm. I didn't stop to think the ellipses would confuse. Apologies. Anyways, it's more about how I would actually say that sentence, with my voice drifting off at the end as if there is some information that *could* follow, but doesn't need to.

Don't worry about it, really. :) 'sall good. I just wondered if you had a negative opinion about the Sherlock fromt he books. :lol:

First off, I would say kindness. I have a soft-spot in my heart for sweet-hearted folk.

Secondly, I would broadly say that I am interested in people I feel as if I can talk to.

This involves a certain amount of intelligence, but also a goodly amount of humor and wit.

Don't worry about it, really. :) 'sall good. I just wondered if you had a negative opinion about the Sherlock fromt he books. :lol:

OMG - nooooo!! No way, they're fabulous!

First off, I would say kindness. I have a soft-spot in my heart for sweet-hearted folk.

Secondly, I would broadly say that I am interested in people I feel as if I can talk to.

This involves a certain amount of intelligence, but also a goodly amount of humor and wit.

Spoony, I think you hit the nail on the head when you talk about being interested in people you can talk to. I'm sure it's more important to most of us than we realise. Thanks for the reminder.

...I guess someone from the all sorts of Sexual fantasies I've come up with. :rolleyes::unsure:

No really. On a more serious note, probably someone around my height (5'9 1/2), and rather feminine in appearnce. Though it's probably more Androgynous-minded women would be interested in me, and vice-versa. I'd go for someone who is an Introvert, like me, and share a lot of interests in common.

No... I almost forgot to include, any possible person I could possibly ever have a relationship with must also be an Aromantic. I don't know how that will work out. :lol:

OMG - nooooo!! No way, they're fabulous!

:D

Geek!

I love to be with my fellow geeks. Someone who knows an internet meme is, someone who can quote Simpsons with me, someone who does not think its embarrassing to go to a comic convention or own a anime t-shirt! Humor is also a key thing that pretty much goes had in hand with that.

Also they must have a job and be able to drive. IF they can't then that's a turn off.

As for looks, I like someone taller then me, I'm 5'6 and currently seeing someone who is 5'3..maybe 5'4. Obviously I'm willing to be with a guy who is short but I find it awkward.

Also not too sweaty, its nasty. I understand guys sweat, I sweat but I don't like wrapping my arm around some and feel my arm drenched in there moister every single time.

Archived