Famous Asexuals

Joan of Arc just had to be asexual... obviously, since she was surrounded by all those handsome soldiers all the time ...

Noskcaj.Llahsram

You forget in that, only the poor and despot were in the army, rich could buy there way out and the beautiful were used as concubines for the rich. Plus you have to take into account the disfiguring injuries, and malnutrition, as well as the fact that leading an army and planing tactics is an exhausting, in every sense of the word, task.

8)

Yeah... but those army boys were on the road for a long, long time without any "companionship" -- they'd hit on any girl who seemed like she'd be even remotely interested -- even if she were plug ugly...

I still say she was asexual.

Noskcaj.Llahsram

Again counterpoint; France up until the industrial revolution (by comparison to after) was saturated with whores, thus they were quiet cheap.

Again, if there was one thing France had it was whores, hence les filles du roi; after all they're lovers not fighters

Edit: I'd just like to make clear, I'm not knocking your theory, I just feel as though someone (i.e. me) should play devil's advocate on this

Well... you can enjoy playing devil's advocate if you like. But I still say she was asexual. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Oh yeah, Tesla. He rocks!

I second that opinion...I'm actually in the process of reading a biography about him.

Did you know he was Romanian? :D Both his parents were istro-Romanians, his family name was romanian, Tesla was just a nickname of his ancestors that he used as his own name after leaving the country. "Tesla" in Romanian means a blacksmith's hammer-like tool. His father and grandfather were blacksmiths. His birth documents are in Romania as a proof, but Romanians like to feel proud about it without bragging and claiming rights...

http://members.chello.nl/e.n.secasiu/Tesla.htm

You can find more information about it by Yahoo!ing "Nikola Tesla" or "Nicolae Tesla" and "Romanian".

Tesla has always been one of my idols.

I seem to have more in common with him than I thought. He is supposed to have had OCD, Tourettes Syndrome and have been a synaesthete, (I have all three.) and now he was asexual? Perhaps I am his reincarnation...

Although if I were, I suppose I wouldn't have managed to have short-circuited the hallway lights.

I was just going to suggest Warhol, since no one esle seemed to, but I was beaten to it. And then of course there was the woman who shot him, Valerie Solanis. She was certainly vehemently anti-sexual, if that counts for anything.

I don't know much about Tesla but I enjoy the 80s metal band that was named after him.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ralph Nader... but did I mention him already?

we've just seen the first episode of Dexter over here.....he seems to be relatively Asexual.

I second that opinion...I'm actually in the process of reading a biography about him.

Did you know he was Romanian? :D Both his parents were istro-Romanians, his family name was romanian, Tesla was just a nickname of his ancestors that he used as his own name after leaving the country. "Tesla" in Romanian means a blacksmith's hammer-like tool. His father and grandfather were blacksmiths. His birth documents are in Romania as a proof, but Romanians like to feel proud about it without bragging and claiming rights...

You can find more information about it by Yahoo!ing "Nikola Tesla" or "Nicolae Tesla" and "Romanian".

O my, I hope you dont mean that, I mean the page is a joke wright?

Hes real name was Nicolae Tesla and he wasn't born in Croatia, but in Romania. Just like all other eminent romanian scientists, Tesla got a wrong indentity (example: Henry Coanda, inventer of Coanda Effect and Jet airplains in 1910).

Nikola Tesla (1856-1943) was the genius who lit the world, whose discoveries in the field of alternating polyphase current electricity advanced the United States and the rest of the world into the modern industrial era.

Little Nicky Tesla was born in Smijlan, Croatia way back in 1856. He had an extraordinary memory and spoke six languages. He spent four years at the Polytechnic Institute at Gratz studying math, physics, and mechanics.

so he wasnt born in Croatia and then he was?? Like I said the page is a joke.

Nikola Tesla was a Serb, born and raised in Croatia.

I read several times that Cliff Richard might be an asexual as well...

Ugh. That god botherer. That's ALL i need.

Apologies to anyone who is actually religious I just really dislike cliff richard

I'm deeply religious and not ashamed of it... but i don't have a clue who that is. I don't follow televangelists or seminary graduates (I don't believe in seminary). But I have a couple of folks I don't like too.

Wasn't King Louis (insert roman numeral here) - the one that got guillotined - asexual? Maybe I'm all too confused... French culture is not an interest of mine.

If you mean the one who was married to Marie Antoinette... ? No. He wasn't asexual. He had a "mechanical problem." And after having an "operation" for his "mechanical problem," Marie Antoinette then began having children... didn't help them much, though. They still died.

• 2 weeks later...

What about Annie Oakley?

I was watching something about her several weekends ago and it seemed like she could be asexual.

Well... yeah... but she was married.

I dunno... how about Kateri Tekawitha? She refused to ever marry. (She was the first Native American saint.)

Well... yeah... but she was married.

Being married is not necessarily damning proof that she [Annie Oakley] was not asexual. And to my knowledge she never had children in the 50 years she was married to her husband. An alternative explanation could be is that they were sexuals, but did not want kids, or they had fertility problems.

• 4 months later...
I read several times that Cliff Richard might be an asexual as well...

Ugh. That god botherer. That's ALL i need.

Apologies to anyone who is actually religious I just really dislike cliff richard

I am a huge fan of Cliff Richard, and have been a fan since 2002. After having seen him in concert countless times, having met and spoken with him twice, and having watched countless interviews and documentaries, it is my conclusion (of course, only he really knows) that he is indeed asexual. When talking about sex and marriage, he once said, "I obviously don't need that, otherwise I would've sorted that out by now... I don't need somebody to go to bed with... at this moment in time I'd rather have a good game of tennis."

Sounds pretty asexual to me.

O my, I hope you dont mean that, I mean the page is a joke wright?

Hes real name was Nicolae Tesla and he wasn't born in Croatia, but in Romania. Just like all other eminent romanian scientists, Tesla got a wrong indentity (example: Henry Coanda, inventer of Coanda Effect and Jet airplains in 1910).

Nikola Tesla (1856-1943) was the genius who lit the world, whose discoveries in the field of alternating polyphase current electricity advanced the United States and the rest of the world into the modern industrial era.

Little Nicky Tesla was born in Smijlan, Croatia way back in 1856. He had an extraordinary memory and spoke six languages. He spent four years at the Polytechnic Institute at Gratz studying math, physics, and mechanics.

so he wasnt born in Croatia and then he was?? Like I said the page is a joke.

Nikola Tesla was a Serb, born and raised in Croatia.

He was born in Croatia, in a village near the border, his family were Romanians living in Austro-Hungarian Empire. That mistake you noticed in the article is the result of translator's faulty English knowledge and lack of fluency or whatever, but there are a lot of sites and books based on official researches that certify this. Unfortunately only few of them are in English. You can find this on the official site of the IstroRomanian nation. Here is the link, but good luck in finding a way to translate it: http://www.istro-romanian.net/articles/art990111.html

Adolf Hitler might have been asexual. Turned down every girl 'cept Eva.

Should probably keep that one quiet, though.

...Should probably keep that one quiet, though.

:lol: Yes I think that might be a good idea!