House M.D. - Asexual couple

RandomDent

Still no luck finding contact addresses, but here are the Twitter accounts of the episode's writer, and director/executive producer.

Oh, perfect. ^_^

EDIT: Erm... I have a Twitter account from a while ago, but I don't know how to use it... someone explain?

You type @[name][space][message] Total can't exceed 140 characters. It will tell you how many you have left.

We should probably have a dedicated hash tag or something- it'll make it more collectively visible.

What is a hash tag...? ; _ ;

Anybody on a House forum or something? Even if we can't contact them, we can try to clean up this mess in less direct ways.

Still no luck finding contact addresses, but here are the Twitter accounts of the episode's writer, and director/executive producer.

Oh, perfect. ^_^

EDIT: Erm... I have a Twitter account from a while ago, but I don't know how to use it... someone explain?

You type @[name][space][message] Total can't exceed 140 characters. It will tell you how many you have left.

We should probably have a dedicated hash tag or something- it'll make it more collectively visible.

A hashtag is #[words] like #thingsidoforfun or #getsonmynerves Things like that. You can search for a hastag and it will show you every tweet with that hastag

Oh, perfect. ^_^

A hashtag is #[words] like #thingsidoforfun or #getsonmynerves Things like that. You can search for a hastag and it will show you every tweet with that hastag

Did you use a hashtag in your tweet?

Oh, perfect. ^_^

Did you use a hashtag in your tweet?

I put @[writer] On behalf of asexuals, real asexuals, I would like to say how utterly disappointing the new episode was. #understatement

I only had 2 characters left. Others have used #house

Queen-Of-Spiders

Just wanted to say to everyone - when I watched the end of the episode, I felt like screaming. I felt absolutely belittled (yet again) for being asexual, and thought I might cry. But after spending some time here and seeing the huge effort everyone is making to have our voices heard and share our frustrations, I feel so lucky to have access to such a wonderful community.

Thanks, everyone ! This board has cheered me up quite a lot.

I'm retweeting everything I find. I suggest at the very least using the #house hashtag, so that our tweets will show up with the other people commenting about the show.

O but for more characters. I could have really gone off on this broad, but nevertheless tweeted my disappointment and outrage.

Oh, perfect. ^_^

Yup. You usually want it to be catchy, something that will make people want to click on it and see what others are saying. You want the name of the show (house or house md) in it, maybe add asexual or ace too? (I'm not very good at coming up with catchphrases, lol) Negative words tend to be attention grabbers, so #housemdsucks is juvenile but probably effective for the purpose.

My non-ace sister was even angry! That episode was such a disappointment! Seriously, all of the facepalms were had.

Hey, is it possible to contact FOX directly about this? I don't expect them to do anything with the show for it, but maybe if there's enough of an uproar about the misconceptions it'll make for a small story or something?

Anybody on a House forum or something? Even if we can't contact them, we can try to clean up this mess in less direct ways.

This.

I'm currently doing a bit of homework but, gosh darn it, that's where I'm headed next.

The Great WTF

Time to start emailing Fox and doing damage control I guess. *goes off to quietly plot the murders of the writers of House*

I just got this! :blink:

retlefnegniL Kath Lingenfelter

@RJDaae I wrote the #House ep. Care to DM? I'd like to discuss. Thanks.

I just got this! :blink:

retlefnegniL Kath Lingenfelter

@RJDaae I wrote the #House ep. Care to DM? I'd like to discuss. Thanks.

Me to!

Lady Heartilly

GUYS LIVE CHAT ABOUT THE EPISODE HERE: http://blogcritics.org/video/article/live-chat-house-md-ndash-monday/

EDIT: Supposedly.

I made it in for the last five minutes of the chat before Barbara closed it. It looked like we got our point across effectively enough.

I didn't see the episode, but I read every single post in this thread, and I'm really wishing I didn't tell my parents to watch it now . . .

Did anyone happen to get any of it up on YouTube? I can see that it will probably make me very upset, but at least now I'm prepared.

The Great WTF

What's DM?

Isn't it Direct Message?

AceofHearts: Barbara Bennett: Although he may have discovered that they were not actually asexual, the episode did nothing to point out that asexuality is still a legitimate thing and simply did not describe the couple in question. All it did was ridicule asexuals.

10:22

Barbara Barnett: I understand that. Wilson was content to leave it at that. House believed that there was something else going on. He was right, but Wilson felt House should have left things alone.

10:23

Barbara Barnett: I think it's time to end the LiveChat Event. Thanks everyone. Hope you had a good time.

Augh! She closed it before I could say this: He didn't believe something was wrong, he just couldn't accept/understand it, so he just had to disprove it.