House M.D. - Asexual couple

RandomDent

sherlockhasthetardis

I haven't seen House, but I've heard it's good and I like Hugh Laurie. After seeing this clip, I'll definitely watch the episode. I'm a bit nervous about how it'll turn out, but high five for Wilson!

well looks like i'll be intently watching my first episode of house. House is popular too so more power to us! 8) ^_^

I'll have to check this episode out. Haven't seen House in years and am curious how they depict asexuality. I'm sure they won't cop-out and depict asexuality as a medical problem, that really doesn't sound like something the show House would do so I am excited to see this episode.

Okay guys, we're getting close to the broadcast date. This is where we get to show our powers - the powers of the INTERWEBZ.

For those of you who will be able to watch the fresh broadcast, I ask very nicely that you keep your computer nearby.

If the show does a good job, please flood the internet with positive blogs and comments and tell the nice TV people how happy you were.

If the show does a bad job, kill them softly with your words. Destroy them with your negative comments. Make everyone pay.

FLY MY PRETTIES FLY!

Okay guys, we're getting close to the broadcast date. This is where we get to show our powers - the powers of the INTERWEBZ.

For those of you who will be able to watch the fresh broadcast, I ask very nicely that you keep your computer nearby.

If the show does a good job, please flood the internet with positive blogs and comments and tell the nice TV people how happy you were.

If the show does a bad job, kill them softly with your words. Destroy them with your negative comments. Make everyone pay.

FLY MY PRETTIES FLY!

[insert thunder and evil laughter here]

FLY MY PRETTIES FLY!

<3333333

I knew there was a reason you are my child-spouse.

I'm laughing so hard. I'm a big House fan and while I've watched various radio and TV interview segments pop up over the years, to have it acted out on a major medical drama series is surreal.

I used to watch it but stopped cause the local TV station stopped showing it..

Anyway I'm hoping for the best while preparing for the worst. Hope they handled it well.

Lady Heartilly

That is just so full of awesome I don't even know what to say . . . :D

Ah that was epic. From what people said I thought it was going to be an ace saying that. Wilson is so cute sometimes :D

Wow, it looks like they did a bit of research as well.. I wonder if this episode ever gets aired in Hungary, House is quite popular here as well.

I used to watch "House" all the time, then stopped, for some reason, at the end of the season when 'Huddy' was formed. I didn't stop watching it because of that, but I think more because of timing, or whatever. So I will definitely have to tune in when Australia gets this very interesting episode of "House"!

I should add that they used to fast-track this show to Oz....not sure if they still do but probably. It's pretty popular here.

Thanks, RD, for the heads-up.

Edited to add: Just watched the clip. Love that they're not changing who House is and making him an immediately understanding, tolerant person. Coz that he ain't (and don't we love him for it...?).

Edited by aspiecat

Well this is nice. I haven't been watching House lately. I'll have to start watching it again.

GUYS IT'S ON TONIGHT ARE YOU READY ARE YOU READY?

AMFGGFGFGFLMAOROFLGLARBLE

:aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake:

So, my theory is that House will go and "investigate" to see if he can find out why she's asexual, and then he discovers there is actually something wrong with her that's not just a bladder infection.

GUYS IT'S ON TONIGHT ARE YOU READY ARE YOU READY?

AMFGGFGFGFLMAOROFLGLARBLE

:aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake::aven::vis::cake:

*Grabs popcorn, coke and the remote.* Ready! ...Wait! *Grabs napkin to wipe tears on in case it turns out bad.*

House tends to be tolerant show, but this could go either way.

I'm not even that concerned about whether they portray asexuality "correctly". I'm more interested to see how the debate plays out in the tension between medicalization and sexual orientation/identity, which too complex to pin down scientifically. I'm really excited to see what "causes" are explored and how they're countered. I'm also hoping the episode takes the direction of elucidating the ambiguities in the scientific research on sexuality, as well as the power relationship between scientific authority and the subject under study.

Well they dropped the ball on that one. They managed to conflate libido with sexual attraction and undermine the asexuality of not one, but two people. Great visibility, House writers!

Queen-Of-Spiders

Words can't describe how disgusted I am right now.

Not only were both asexual partners "debunked," but House calls asexuality a 'seriously troubled world view' and Wilson agrees? The writers ought to be ashamed.

Tell me that did not just happen. Please, somebody tell me.

They managed to conflate libido with sexual attraction
Actually, without a libido, you wouldn't know who you're sexually attracted to (so my partner had told me, and I think it makes sense) unfortunately, they didn't explain this. And the worst part is, they did their effing research and still made us not a valid orientation. I just... I wanna cry.