S*** Sexual People Say (to Asexual People)

swankivy

"So that means you're straight?" That's a classic.

"You just haven't met the right one." Another classic.

"There's a forum for that. I always wondered what people talk about when they don't get boners." I'm not sure about this one.

This really made me laugh:

""...I always wondered what people talk about when they don't get boners."
"There's a forum for that. I always wondered what people talk about when they don't get boners."

That makes me roll my eyes because in one breath people like this insist that there's nothing to talk about unless it's related to sex or sexual attraction, but then if you make a comment about how everyone seems so obsessed with it, you get buried in the whole "OMG sex is NOT all we think about you jerk, why are you such an elitist, you asexuals think you're better than us!!!"

It's amazing how hypocritcal it is sometimes. We're repeatedly told life can't possibly be interesting without sex, but then the same people turn around and say THEIR lives aren't interesting only because of sex.

- I didn't know you were asexual
• oh? what of it?
- It's just... disappointing
• why?

- because I'm a very sexual person
• (*thinking to self "oh gyawd did I unknowingly lead this person on??*) :[

• 3 years later...
Anonymous12345

I'm thinking of writing a song about this topic. What are some of the most common ones? Suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

Top 3 is probably something like this:

"It's just a phase"
"You just haven't met the the right person"

"How do you know if you never tried it"

Recently i got a new comment when a person was told I was asexual:

". . . but you have kids"

Maybe for inspiration check out Adam Winney on youtube.

He made a "Ace/Aro Anthem" :-)

Just in case the new people commenting on this don't know, I guess I should tell you that this thread was created in 2012 and the video I was collecting submissions for, consisting of 16 contributors, was completed in January 2012. This is the finished video that I edited and participated in:

Just in case the new people commenting on this don't know, I guess I should tell you that this thread was created in 2012 and the video I was collecting submissions for, consisting of 16 contributors, was completed in January 2012. This is the finished video that I edited and participated in:

Haha, my favorite part was,"God, I'd die," :lol:
  • 10 months later...
Ashes Floating

Though it's too late for the video, I will add this: 

"so... um... how does that work?"

Yinlotus93

OMG that video! So much cringing! >_<""""

Regarding some of that sh** tho, I once had a Team Lead in a previous job tell me I should go and have night stands since I'm a virgin but don't want to date right now. (it was a female Lead but still...>_>")

My sister saw an article about aromanticism in Cosmo and asked me about it because I'm the Queer Expert of the house.  I explained aromanticism and how it's different from asexuality etc. etc. and she said something akin to "It doesn't make sense biologically, but you do you..."

I'm not out to her (or anyone in my family) and it's comments like that that make me want to stay in the closet :rolleyes:

A friend : " So that means you don't love anybody, you have no feelings?"

Archived