Asexuality on the BBC(3)!

Guest member31022

Guest member31022

Hey,

So a few months ago I was filmed by the BBC as part of a 3-part series called How Sex Works. The episode with a ten-minute or so slot on asexuality is on BBC3 next Monday evening. I haven't seen it myself yet, but the producers were completely lovely and it should be good. It features me talking about asexuality, me discussing it with a male, also asexual, friend, and then me and my not-asexual boyfriend.

Hopefully it'll be good :D

[EDIT: merging the two threads on this. - michaeld (AVEN PT)]

Janus the Fox

That is great news! Hopefully it is percived as an equal orientation, rather than a disorder. <noted in diary>

Guest member31022

Well I can guarantee that the questions they were asking definately weren't along the lines of "is there an issue in your past that may have caused it?" and were instead things such as "so how does this affect you forming romantic relationships?". As far as I can tell, the episode puts a lot of focus on non-heteronormative sexualities, so it's not like the odd one out. Interestingly, if I remember rightly, I'm the only person in that episode in a relationship, which gives a really nice contrast to what you'd expect them to portray an asexual person as if they were painting it as a disorder.

They seemed really nice about it, so here's hoping. Also, my boyfriend is so, so lovely (and knowledgable!) about it so that should come across too.

Guest member31022

Just realised this was where I should've posted, hope people don't mind the double-post.

So a few months ago I was filmed by the BBC as part of a 3-part series called How Sex Works. The episode with a ten-minute or so slot on asexuality is on BBC3 next Monday evening. I haven't seen it myself yet, but the producers were completely lovely and it should be good. It features me talking about asexuality, me discussing it with a male, also asexual, friend, and then me and my not-asexual boyfriend.

:D

Gho St Ory Qwan

Sounds good. =]

Can you watch it online? I don't watch TV.

TheTeaCritter

Will there be a way to watch it online or in the States? I don't usually watch telly but I could always record it?!

Sounds good. =]

It'll be here when they upload it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=how%20sex%20works

The first episode in the series is there, but you'll have to wait until next Monday for the next one to be uploaded.

Guest member25959

w00t for visibility! :D I look forward to watching this. The last time that asexuality was featured on TV in the UK was back in 2009, on BBC3 actually, on ''Natalie Cassidy's Real Britain''.

Just realised this was where I should've posted, hope people don't mind the double-post.

No worries. I can ask the PT to delete that thread, or merge it with this one, or perhaps even leave them both as separate threads. This is both a WW and a VisEd topic IMO.

Sounds good. =]

It'll be here when they upload it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=how%20sex%20works

The first episode in the series is there, but you'll have to wait until next Monday for the next one to be uploaded.

This will only be available to people who live within the UK unfortunately. :(

I was wondering if asexuality would be featured on the sex series on BBC3. Very good that it is.

Violet_Loves_Iliona

Unfortunately people outside of the UK are unable to view these programs - I got the following message when I tried to watch the first program in the series (I clicked on this one because I've experience this lockout with BBC programs before):

Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?

If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice.

Go to the BBC iPlayer Radio homepage

Is there any tech-enabled person who might be willing to upload it to YouTube so those of us not in the UK can see next week's Asexual-themed episode? It looks terribly exciting! :D

Hey,

Hopefully it'll be good :D

[EDIT: merging the two threads on this. - michaeld (AVEN PT)]

Hi beyondweird, this is very cool. If I hadn't of signed up this week I would never of known about your interview. Monday the 16th it is! :)

Is there any tech-enabled person who might be willing to upload it to YouTube so those of us not in the UK can see next week's Asexual-themed episode? It looks terribly exciting! :D

Hi Violet_Loves_Iliona, no problem to get BBC material. I'll even download it in High Def if it is available. That way we can appreciate Beyondweird's hair! :) Which is way cute. :) Now I don't have a YT account so if someone here does then I'm more than happy to pass the download on to them. I figure an appropriate and well known YT page would get the message out there far better. Just a thought. Incidentally do you think I should slice the video to include just the interview, what do you think Beyondweird?

Guest member31022

I haven't seen the rest of the program yet, so I'm not sure what else is on - the interview/conversations are spread throughout the program though, so I'm not sure if it'd make it seem disjointed or not.

I haven't seen the rest of the program yet, so I'm not sure what else is on - the interview/conversations are spread throughout the program though, so I'm not sure if it'd make it seem disjointed or not.

I shall leave it unedited as the context sounds useful. :) Beyondweird do you want to do the Youtube page? For me it seems right because after all, you put the effort in and it's your message. :D

Gho St Ory Qwan

Sounds good. =]

Thank you. =]

Won't BBC get annoyed if you do that? In which case an anonymous one might be better?

It'd be nice for others to see it too, I hope you guys can get away with it. ha :cake: :cake:

Looking forward to it.

Guest member31022

Thank you. =]

Won't BBC get annoyed if you do that? In which case an anonymous one might be better?

It'd be nice for others to see it too, I hope you guys can get away with it. ha :cake: :cake:

Looking forward to it.

Yeah, I'd rather not post it myself, since I'm still actually doing a piece with them (an article for their website).

Violet_Loves_Iliona
Hi Violet_Loves_Iliona, no problem to get BBC material. I'll even download it in High Def if it is available. That way we can appreciate Beyondweird's hair! :) Which is way cute. :) Now I don't have a YT account so if someone here does then I'm more than happy to pass the download on to them. I figure an appropriate and well known YT page would get the message out there far better. Just a thought. Incidentally do you think I should slice the video to include just the interview, what do you think Beyondweird?

Hi Sash - :cake: :cake: :cake: for you - I can't wait to watch it!! :D

carried in bags

i shall be watching x

carried in bags

well done, Jen. You did us proud. You n your fella looked really good together...a shame you didn't get as much screen time as the reat of the guys are. Ben, thumbs up too!

I was on AVENchat trying to get people to switch over, but they were fussing over the subject of orgasm. i am finding the rest of the show entertaining...cos i dunno any different!

:cake: :cake: :cake: