Confused

BunChips

Hello everyone! I was hoping that someone could help me. I'd come across the term asexual a while back and felt that I fit into that category the best compared to other sexualities. But I'm not really sure whether how I feel fits the definition of an asexual or whether I'm a grey-a (not quite sure what that is) or neither. I've never been sexually attracted to anyone although I do have a want for a relationship in the future. All my friends have had boyfriends or fancied someone but I never have, I've just always pretended so that I could 'fit in'. Whenever asked by someone what I would look for in a partner, personality always came first, looks were always last. I don't know whether age makes a difference (as I know puberty can be a difficult time) but I'm only going to be 16 in a month. Although I've never been sexually attracted to anyone, sex does intrigue me and I would like to try it one day but I'm not really bothered whether I do it or not and wouldn't care if I never, ever did it. Any help you can offer is great and I'm sorry for ranting on, I'm just very confused at this time.

*Also, I don't know whether this makes a difference but I do have fantasy's but not about real people just made up ones. I find that when I meet someone or am talking to someone I feel I could never be sexually attracted to them and do not feel any of those kind of feelings towards them.

Hi! :cake:

I don´t know. You are 16 and despite the fact that teenagers often have sex at this age, some of them don´t. And some of those who don´t have it pretend they are very experienced to "fit in". :lol:

I would let it be. Just don´t do anything what you don´t want to do. It´s your life, not your schoolmate´s or your friend´s life.

I would mainly just pretend to have an interest in boys.

I think I was just curious to know where I fitted in. I know its ultimately my choice whether I decide to define myself as asexual or not but at the minute I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of the whole thing as I am fairly new to the concept.

Thank you for taking the time to answer back though :)

Archived